Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Boston British Airways Lounge

Didn't see this posted elsewhere, but if it has been, mods please feel free to delete.

Brand new executive lounge set to welcome inaugural A380 flight to Boston
7 Mar 2017

With excitement mounting ahead of our inaugural A380 flight to Boston in March, we’ve added to the anticipation by announcing the opening of a brand new Executive Club lounge at Boston Logan International Airport.

Spectacular views – Stunning facilities

Set to open its doors on March 23, just three days ahead of the arrival of the first A380 flight, the state-of-the-art new lounge facility promises to deliver a world-class experience across the board.

The lounge gives guests the opportunity to start their journey in style, whether they begin with a stop at the complimentary bar, where they’ll find one of our in-house mixologists and take in the panoramic views of the Boston skyline or relax in a sense-tingling luxurious shower, featuring new rain shower technology. Next, settle down to a mouth-watering pre-flight meal, with menus inspired by world’s top chefs.

And when the time comes to depart? Simply step directly from the lounge to your new A380 aircraft.

Sounds like a massive step forward vs. the current basement / windowless Boston offering. I look forward to the reviews in a few weeks time.

Pilot37
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Nice! I'll be flying back from BOS on the 24th.

i hope they've kept Juan on.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:13 am

Will there be a First section/CCR bar, or will this be a completely unified lounge?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA lifetime gold, Marriott Rewards platinum
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Nice! I'll be flying back from BOS on the 24th.

i hope they've kept Juan on.
I agree. Juan is the best of the BA lounge staff I have ever met
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, BCFC Season ticket
Marvelous - I'm on the 202 back from BOS on the 23 March. That could be fun (or very disappointing !)
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:41 am

Great news, I spoke to Juan last Friday who told me it was a couple of weeks away. I have no doubt he will still be there. It's amazing how he can recognize all his regulars, even if they only visit every few months.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:00 am
Suspended

What plane will the A380 from BOS substitute?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Great news. I've been waiting for this update. Thank you.
Flying the 380 on 3/31. Going directly directly from the lounge to the plane sounds fantastic. Can't wait.
Maybe someone could post some pics?
Thx
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Didn't see this posted elsewhere, but if it has been, mods please feel free to delete.

7 Mar 2017

With excitement mounting ahead of our inaugural A380 flight to Boston in March, we’ve added to the anticipation by announcing the opening of a brand new Executive Club lounge at Boston Logan International Airport.

Set to open its doors on March 23, just three days ahead of the arrival of the first A380 flight, the state-of-the-art new lounge facility promises to deliver a world-class experience across the board.

The lounge gives guests the opportunity to start their journey in style, whether they begin with a stop at the complimentary bar, where they’ll find one of our in-house mixologists and take in the panoramic views of the Boston skyline or relax in a sense-tingling luxurious shower, featuring new rain shower technology. Next, settle down to a mouth-watering pre-flight meal, with menus inspired by world’s top chefs.

And when the time comes to depart? Simply step directly from the lounge to your new A380 aircraft.

Sounds like a massive step forward vs. the current basement / windowless Boston offering. I look forward to the reviews in a few weeks time.

Pilot37
Well that would indicate that the gate used will likely be E12 as looking at the layout here that's the only one where a lounge would be able to see the Boston skyline and have a connection to the plane.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Pilot37

7 Mar 2017

Pilot37

Curious, this looks like some kind of press release. Can you say where you got it?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Well that would indicate that the gate used will likely be E12 as looking at the layout here that's the only one where a lounge would be able to see the Boston skyline and have a connection to the plane.
And gushy, BA promotional blurb is always accurate, right?

At least we won't have to spend out days explaining that the BOS lounge is not in the basement!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
What plane will the A380 from BOS substitute?
213/212 is the flight the A380 was slated to operate. I thought they were removing 202 as a result but that's now bookable into October so no idea.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HilFly
And gushy, BA promotional blurb is always accurate, right?

At least we won't have to spend out days explaining that the BOS lounge is not in the basement!
I didn't say it was accurate! I took a guess which is probably as good as the blurb.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Curious, this looks like some kind of press release. Can you say where you got it?
Absolutely, was short on time earlier, but it was on the BA.com website under BAEC news

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...ic/en_gb#Brand new executive lounge set to welcome inaugural A380 flight to Boston

A tiny pic is included, but I await the real pics from our own FT members in 2 weeks time!

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Mar 9, 2017 at 8:43 am
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Cool, I'm off to Boston on an F redemption in May, 777 out A380 return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.