Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by HilFly
It was sometime after 1999.

On the ground floor, check in desks were to the left and right with the exit point for international arrivals in between. British Airways check in was at the far left, right by the staircase up to the lounges. I think Lufthansa was next to it. Northwest Orient were to the far right.

The lounges were on the mezzanine and the escalators carried on up to the gates. The whole area upstairs was open, with gates at each end. At some stage they put very primitive security in just before the gates at each end. The food court in the gate area is a relatively recent addition, too.
It was a bit bleak as there was nothing to do post security and the space was very limited airside. Often if quite busy they wouldn't let you through if your flight wasn't leaving shortly or hadn't been called. The take away food places landside were a bit rubbish I seem to remember. It was there I discovered for the first time that in the US if you were asking for Swiss cheese you got Emmental. I asked what sort of Swiss cheese it was with one sandwich outlet and they said it's Swiss what else would it be?

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 24, 2017 at 8:36 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
It was a bit bleak as there was nothing to do post security and the space was very limited airside. Often if quite busy they wouldn't let you through if your flight wasn't leaving shortly or hadn't been called. The take away food places landside were a bit rubbish I seem to remember. It was there I discovered for the first time that in the US if you were asking for Swiss cheese you got Emmental. I asked what sort of Swiss cheese it was with one sandwich outlet and they said it's Swiss what else would it be?
I think you're being very kind calling it Emmenthal! Please don't rekindle the HilFly household Swiss cheese "discussion".

In this day and age, it's hard to get your head around the fact that airside used to start when you boarded the aircraft, and everywhere else was landside. I seem to remember the first basic security going in place at UK airports in the 1970's - 75 or 76 ish. The US remained blissfully security free through the 80's and maybe into the 90's.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Special thanks for that NLA poster photo CWS! I suspect that means more to Massport officials than most members of the travelling public as this whole extension really is just a couple of gates tacked on to the end of the terminal!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Special thanks for that NLA poster photo CWS! I suspect that means more to Massport officials than most members of the travelling public as this whole extension really is just a couple of gates tacked on to the end of the terminal!
They overbuilt, with 3 new A380 gates when they won't even get 2 consistent A380 services. They plan on expanding this extension even further and adding several more gates.

The previous lounges were on the same level as the immigration hall, so I wonder if they will expand the hall to the spaces where the lounges formerly were. That, plus the extra gates would really help with the situation at Terminal E.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by Kumulani
They overbuilt, with 3 new A380 gates when they won't even get 2 consistent A380 services.
On that note... I am assuming Emirates is one of those other A380 services, but do you know if they will only use E terminal for A380 departures and C terminal for anything else? I know everything needs to arrive at E. Sorry, slight off topic here.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
On that note... I am assuming Emirates is one of those other A380 services, but do you know if they will only use E terminal for A380 departures and C terminal for anything else? I know everything needs to arrive at E. Sorry, slight off topic here.
Emirates is going to use E for everything now that their lounge is there and has direct boarding. There were talks of them starting A380 service to Boston a couple years ago, and they sent one here a couple months ago, but they haven't announced a service at this point.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:06 am

Pity this isn't being used for AirBerlin flights (pity for AirBerlin passengers, not BA lounge passengers). The AirBerlin flight to DUS starts up again soon and uses the Air France lounge just down the way, per the OneWorld lounge database.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Pity this isn't being used for AirBerlin flights (pity for AirBerlin passengers, not BA lounge passengers). The AirBerlin flight to DUS starts up again soon and uses the Air France lounge just down the way, per the OneWorld lounge database.
AirBerlin pax should be able to use the BA lounge per Oneworld rules. Unless they deny people due to "capacity controls" or something.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
If the BA lounge is open, then you can use it if flying AB.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
If the BA lounge is open, then you can use it if flying AB.
Ah interesting! I have been refused at other BA lounges when the OneWorld airline isn't listed under the BA lounge on the OneWorld Lounge website and contracts another third party lounge in the same terminal. It has happened at about 3 locations in the past few years. They tended to cite that they didn't have an agreeement with the other airline (most notable was the BA lounge at GLA when flying with American and they didn't budge after asking for a manager- the other lounge at GLA was terrible).

The AB flight leaves at 6.30pm so the BA lounge will be open. However, the lounge reception could pull the capacity argument if they want to m, in which case off to the Air France lounge that AirBerlin contract (that happened at the BA lounge in PHL a few times, but probably in the minority of my visits, when flying with American - I've understood that restriction as that lounge is small).
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Ah interesting! I have been refused at other BA lounges when the OneWorld airline isn't listed under the BA lounge on the OneWorld Lounge website
Carry a copy of this page: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access in case of rejection.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:27 pm

Lovely, thanks Genius1
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:32 pm

Looks like a snazzy lounge, except for the Concorde dining area. Couldn't they have made it more private? IAD does it better in this regard.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Looks like a snazzy lounge, except for the Concorde dining area. Couldn't they have made it more private? IAD does it better in this regard.
And if they aren't going to let CCR holders in, it should be rebranded First Dining
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I think I can say without hyperbole this is the biggest difference between a new lounge and what it replaced. I used the former BOS lounge three months ago and would easily rank it as one of the worst airline lounges I've visited anywhere. This new one looks incredible though. Glad to see the change!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.