Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:36 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by tripodjw
The lift itself is brand new and everything else around it on main level has changed since I was here last so not sure. But it is opposite gate e11 if that helps.
Thank goodness - the old lift was awful!

Lounge pics look amazing.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
Is there a photo of the CW pre-flight dining area?
that's the long white tables
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Confirming its Concorde dining so CCR holders can enter? But no Concorde Bar?

Also, looks like its a serviced bar rather than self serve?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by sts603

only Concorde dining as far as I could see. Not car holder so Didn't ask but it said Concorde dining so you'd think.

Serviced bar. Some self serve fridges in the the club dining area with soft drinks and beer and wine. Didn't notice any other alcoholic drinks around.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Thanks for pics Tripodjw. It looks amazing. Love the view.
See if I have this right, when it's time to board, they scan your BP within the lounge, you go down an escalator one level directly to the jetway by-passing the gate all together? No need to go hang around the gate with the masses?
Sweet.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

A bit OT... but what's immigration like at BOS these days? Should be arriving about 17:30 if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

The Concorde Dining and Bar products are designed to fulfill different requirements, so you will only ever find one or the other in an outstation lounge. A Dining product works well for the East Coast, whilst a Bar product works for elsewhere where flights are typically long enough for a full onboard service (although the Middle East is the exception to this).

Serviced bars are the norm moving forward in the States in particular due to licensing restrictions.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Kumulani
I haven't been in the lounge, but I've seen the new gates so I have a basic idea of how they work. The gate has 2 jet bridges, one for the upper deck of the A380 and the other for the lower. Obviously the bottom jetbridge would be used for all other planes. Originally they were planning on 3 jetbridges but they cheaped out. The top jetbridge connects to the 3rd floor of the terminal (main departure level), the bottom jetbridge connects to the 2nd floor (immigration level). The lounge is on the 4th floor.

The setup is designed so that, when the A380 is used, most people will not have to change more than one level to board. The assumption is that most people with lounge access will be on the upper deck and planes other than the A380 are used though, lounge users will need to go down 2 levels to the jetbridge after their boarding passes are scanned.
So the main departure level (3rd floor the 'gate') jet bridge connects to the A380 upper deck. We go down one flight from the lounge to board. People on the lower deck of the A380 go down one flight from the main departure level (the gate) or 2 flights down from the lounge and board via the 2nd floor jetbridge?
I wonder how'll they'll coordinate the boarding between the gate and lounge. Will one announcement be heard in both places? I'm thinking the lounge will probably make their own but will they coordinate with the gate. I can envision a flood of people meeting up on the jetway heading to different classes within the plane.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Genius1
The Concorde Dining and Bar products are designed to fulfill different requirements, so you will only ever find one or the other in an outstation lounge. A Dining product works well for the East Coast, whilst a Bar product works for elsewhere where flights are typically long enough for a full onboard service (although the Middle East is the exception to this).

Serviced bars are the norm moving forward in the States in particular due to licensing restrictions.
But can Concorde Dining offer you better hard liquor (I assume the wines are better)?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
So the main departure level (3rd floor the 'gate') jet bridge connects to the A380 upper deck. We go down one flight from the lounge to board. People on the lower deck of the A380 go down one flight from the main departure level (the gate) or 2 flights down from the lounge and board via the 2nd floor jetbridge?
Exactly right. And on arrival, people on the lower deck won't have to change levels, and people on the upper deck will take the escalator down one level to immigration. Unfortunately, the upper jetbridge is too high to be used on any plane except the A380, so when any other plane is used lounge users will have to go down 2 levels to board.

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
I wonder how'll they'll coordinate the boarding between the gate and lounge. Will one announcement be heard in both places? I'm thinking the lounge will probably make their own but will they coordinate with the gate. I can envision a flood of people meeting up on the jetway heading to different classes within the plane.
The lounge should have its own announcements, that's how it's been in similar setups I've used elsewhere.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Kumulani
I haven't been in the lounge, but I've seen the new gates so I have a basic idea of how they work. The gate has 2 jet bridges, one for the upper deck of the A380 and the other for the lower. Obviously the bottom jetbridge would be used for all other planes. Originally they were planning on 3 jetbridges but they cheaped out. The top jetbridge connects to the 3rd floor of the terminal (main departure level), the bottom jetbridge connects to the 2nd floor (immigration level). The lounge is on the 4th floor.

The setup is designed so that, when the A380 is used, most people will not have to change more than one level to board. The assumption is that most people with lounge access will be on the upper deck and planes other than the A380 are used though, lounge users will need to go down 2 levels to the jetbridge after their boarding passes are scanned.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles

There are signs on the tables saying Reserved for First.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
A bit OT... but what's immigration like at BOS these days? Should be arriving about 17:30 if that makes any difference.

Thanks
It's a lot better now they have banks of ESTA machines. 1730 arrival should avoid the peak arrivals from Europe.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Teece
It's a lot better now they have banks of ESTA machines. 1730 arrival should avoid the peak arrivals from Europe.
Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well done on getting in a day early, and the transformation looks very good, from "no view" to "amazing view". Thanks for the photos, I seem some similarities with AMS/LGW/EDI (etc), as well as some differences. Can you confirm if there is a separate First area?

Hope it's not so windy by the time you take off!
The bar setting with the view reminds me of the IAD lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.