Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Skyvvards
Hope this isn’t too off topic - but is there much to do or see in Boston? Thinking of a BA layover there but not sure if it is a waste of a night and day.
Not sure what interests you but if you are in doubt then go with your instinct.

I like Boston.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Hope this isn’t too off topic - but is there much to do or see in Boston? Thinking of a BA layover there but not sure if it is a waste of a night and day.
The Boston area is an excellent place to visit. Walking from the aquarium through Faneuil Hall to Beacon Hill and the Public Garden is beautiful. Also check out Cambridge, go to Charlestown, have some food in the North End. It's a great place for a stop over.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Well you can walk the Freedom Trail which has 16 historical places of interest on it.

If you don’t fancy walking then there’s the trolley bus tours (Old Town Tours) or the amphibious Duck tours which include a trip on the Charles River.

There’s the Isabella Stuart Gardener Museum, the Fine Art museum, Harvard Museum of Natural History​​​​​​, the New England Aquarium, Museum of Science,

Fenway Park (home of the mighty Red Sox) they do year round tours even if there isn’t a game on. TD Garden home of the Boston Celtics which has the Sports Museum do guided tours.

From Tv: the actual Cheers (the Bull & Finch if you’re old enough to remember that) which inside is nothing like the tv version, where they filmed the exterior of St Elsewhere.

The Swans in the Public Garden, Bus tours of Logan Airport etc.

The swans, duck tours and possibly others are not year round.
EdV likes this.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Feb 5, 2024 at 2:40 pm Reason: Amended the number of Historical places
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:18 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I spent several years travelling to Boston many times a year for work. I was often seeking ways to keep me out of the pub. Suffice to say there is loads to see and do in Boston. Walking is the best way to get around the city centre and the possibilities are endless. Just bear in mind in can be fiercely cold in winter, when exploring is less fun. Just walking the Freedom Trail can occupy most of day.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Depends what you mean. A bit of research indicates that Boston is one of the most educationally and intellectually significant cities in the US, but not everyone values that kind of thing 😂 You could stop in Lexington where the Revolutionary War started 😁 🇺🇸
EdV and crazy8534 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Depends what you mean. A bit of research indicates that Boston is one of the most educationally and intellectually significant cities in the US, but not everyone values that kind of thing 😂 You could stop in Lexington where the Revolutionary War started 😁 🇺🇸
Boston is a magnificent and historically significant city (and Lexington is a beautiful suburb), but if I had a day and a night there one of the last things I'd recommend is going out to Lexington to see a placard to indicate where the revolutionary war started. There's far more interesting things to do right in Boston and Cambridge.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I used to live in Boston. Stayed in an apartment just off Boylston.
Previously my wife and I had both studied across the river.

In 2006 you could have a 3 course lunch at the top of the Prudential tower for $20.06.
I remember when I arrived (late January) being somewhat surprised to hear that I shouldn't go outside with exposed hands for longer than 20mins due to the risk of frostbite.
My other abiding memory was that every Bostonian I met told me they were either Irish or Scottish.

But to answer your question, Boston is one of the USA's great cities, lots to see and do.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Blumie
Boston is a magnificent and historically significant city (and Lexington is a beautiful suburb), but if I had a day and a night there one of the last things I'd recommend is going out to Lexington to see a placard to indicate where the revolutionary war started. There's far more interesting things to do right in Boston and Cambridge.
Yes, that's my view as well. The suggestion about Lexington was a playful one based on the fact that the question was asked in a forum about a British airline, and which I was attempting to indicate with the grinning face 😁

Originally Posted by crazy8534
…Boston is one of the USA's great cities, lots to see and do.
EdV, crazy8534 and H2L like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:47 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
I can’t imagine any worse breakfast than Dunks
I can, gruel, porridge, prison breakfast or just no breakfast at all. Dunks is freaking delicious - I swear by the sausage, egg and cheese on toasted everything bagel wtih a regular coffee - especially after a night of hard drinking.

Yes, I am from and live in Boston proper
ExpatExp and RichieMc like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Dunks is freaking delicious - I swear by the sausage, egg and cheese on toasted everything bagel wtih a regular coffee - especially after a night of hard drinking. Yes, I am from and live in Boston proper
Brings back memories! I am sure there are higher quality options available but I enjoy visiting for nostalgic reasons 😊 I was pleasantly surprised to find a Dunkies in Rotterdam last month, and I try to visit the one at the GVA airport railway station every time I go through 😁
EdV likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:58 am
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
Connected yesterday from B12 to E6 and actually enjoyed the 30min airside walk to wake up after the overnight flight from PHX.
Amusing to see that the shower issues persist still.
First point - with only one shower, no booking system according to staff, and two exits to the shower corridor, it's a bit haphazard getting access. Really don't want to stand on guard outside the shower room! Creepy...
Second - I wonder if the issues are not so much technical as technique.. With very high water pressure and only soft shower curtains that don't quite , it is easy to flood the shower area into the corridor if you don't keep the shower head pointing directly down... My own use was delayed while staff mopped the floor from the suite into the corridor after the previous guest...
Plus point - the towels were lovely after a few days of Holiday Inn stays!
Nice lounge apart from that. Look forward to boarding the A380 directly from there someday soon.
EdV likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.