Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2017 thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ms.O
I guess this is more of a do you know who you are instead of DYKWIA.

I was on a HAM to LHR flight in seat 1a, the plane was switched out at the last minute and my husband was moved to the second row, while I was left by myself in this giant star trek captain looking seat. I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I was busy cleaning the seat when I hear "I hope that seat is big enough for you, you fat cow" in a thick German accent. I look up to see a young man in his early 20's giving me the filthiest look.

I can't lie it hurt, I am a size 12uk size 8usa due to medication I'm on for my autoimmune disorder. I used to be a size 0-2usa pre-illness so I still have a hard time accepting my new body size and being treated like crap by the general public.

Apparently the flight attendants had heard him, because they treated me like royalty for the entire flight. As soon as I was even half way through my glass of wine they were already giving me a new bottle, finally I had to tell them that I didn't need anymore wine otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk off the plane, so they told me to just put the wine in my purse to drink at my hotel. They were very sweet and had me laughing during the entire flight. A big thank you to these two men, if they hadn't gotten me so drunk I would be able to remember their names to thank them by name.
OK. I just had to break cover over this one. I’ve been a lurker for a while and benefitted greatly from the accumulated wisdom of the FTers here.
This post just made me see red on behalf of MsO.
Firstly, a UK size 12 is NOT fat and well below UK average.
Secondly, commenting adversely on another person’s personal appearance is boorish behaviour of the worst kind.
I’m glad to hear the crew rallied round. For all the service failures we are seeing recently, we are usually all treated to a crew that does their absolute best and I hope that will continue on BA.
Chin up MsO and lets all hope for some karmic payback.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:13 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Looks like DJ has form (from '87)

It's been a rough week for Joan Collins. First her estranged fourth husband asked for $80,000 a month in alimony and then British Airways bumped her from first class.

The 'Dynasty' star, who once made commercials for British Airways, let loose with some vulgarities at London's Heathrow Airport and called the check-in supervisor an 'old cow' when told that she had lost her $2,163 first-class seat on a Los Angeles-bound flight. 'Miss Collins had booked first class on the flight but she arrived so late that they (the seats) were offered to other passengers on standby,' an airline spokesman said. Collins insists she has taken the same flight at least twice a month for the past six years and that 'I have turned up at exactly the same time, 9:20 a.m., and checked in exactly the same way.' Collins ended up on the flight -- but not in first class -- and says she'll never fly British Airways again.

Right - Joan Collins (thank you DKWIA) is a talentless old ham who thinks that she is Acting Royalty. She is a better spoken, bewigged, Botoxed and Other Face Props older day Katie Price. Have I made clear my admiration for her?

She played in a film written I think by her sister which was called "The Bltch". She then starred in Dynasty - the apetite that the Americans have for crystal dictioned barb slingers (eg: Lady Violet in Downton ) is seemingly unquenachable. She played herself to perfection.

After the exhibition that she gave at Heathrow 30 years ago, which was ten times what was reported here. (Lord King ordered the poor check-in woman to write an apology to her) she stormed down to LGW and we were saddled with her as we were, back then. the last non-stop of the day. I was working First Class, so I had her the same day. I had no idea what had been going on so I just carried on as normal. Whatever one says back then First Class was First Class. I forget what she ate - Lobster I think. We served Krug Champagne and I used to have to change into a long kilt to serve the meal.

Having said all that, she is a Fag-hag par excellence and was actually quite funny. What was dreadful was that I didn't really know much about her. Our Senior Purser, himself of a fair age, knew all about her and fawned accordingly. As high camp as a row of pink tents on Mount Everest, she was putty in her hands and I really cannot remember anything else.

One day - I will break my silence about Katie Price and other C-Listers flying with us. Actually, I cannot think of a genuinely talented person who I could say ill about. It's those who think that they are or worse believe their own publicity that I could talk about. I never speak ill of the dead from the neck up.
HuwieHex, DYKWIA, T8191 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Aug 17, 2017 at 5:32 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Ms.O
I guess this is more of a do you know who you are instead of DYKWIA.

I was on a HAM to LHR flight in seat 1a, the plane was switched out at the last minute and my husband was moved to the second row, while I was left by myself in this giant star trek captain looking seat. I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I was busy cleaning the seat when I hear "I hope that seat is big enough for you, you fat cow" in a thick German accent. I look up to see a young man in his early 20's giving me the filthiest look.

I can't lie it hurt, I am a size 12uk size 8usa due to medication I'm on for my autoimmune disorder. I used to be a size 0-2usa pre-illness so I still have a hard time accepting my new body size and being treated like crap by the general public.

Apparently the flight attendants had heard him, because they treated me like royalty for the entire flight. As soon as I was even half way through my glass of wine they were already giving me a new bottle, finally I had to tell them that I didn't need anymore wine otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk off the plane, so they told me to just put the wine in my purse to drink at my hotel. They were very sweet and had me laughing during the entire flight. A big thank you to these two men, if they hadn't gotten me so drunk I would be able to remember their names to thank them by name.
Darling - I guarantee you that it was a denied upgrade. That is why he was so spiteful and nasty. You had what he wanted. That is no excuse either way, but I say it because you just happened to be there.

What I would have said is unrepeatable on a family show - suffice to say that it would have been vulgar and unladylike, and you are not like that.

Had my husband heard him, matters would have been far graver.

Horrid man - still Mum always said that Jesus always collects his debts. What goes around.....
ozflygirl747 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Right - Joan Crawford is a talentless old ham who thinks that she is Acting Royalty. She is a better spoken, bewigged, Botoxed and Other Face Props older day Katie Price. Have I made clear my admiration for her?
And what about Joan Collins?
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
And what about Joan Collins?
Oops - Silly me - thanks and corrected.
DYKWIA and argonath like this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
OK. I just had to break cover over this one. I’ve been a lurker for a while and benefitted greatly from the accumulated wisdom of the FTers here.
This post just made me see red on behalf of MsO.
Firstly, a UK size 12 is NOT fat and well below UK average.
Secondly, commenting adversely on another person’s personal appearance is boorish behaviour of the worst kind.
I’m glad to hear the crew rallied round. For all the service failures we are seeing recently, we are usually all treated to a crew that does their absolute best and I hope that will continue on BA.
Chin up MsO and lets all hope for some karmic payback.
Welcome to Flyertalk Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues - that's quite a username. I am sure an official welcome may be along shortly.

What a prat. He must have really wanted that upgrade.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:49 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
She played in a film written I think by her sister which was called "The Bltch". She then starred in Dynasty - the apetite that the Americans have for crystal dictioned barb slingers (eg: Lady Violet in Downton ) is seemingly unquenachable. She played herself to perfection./
IMO, the Withering Putdown of Lady Violet is a great thing, maybe I will master it myself one day. Being an over-entitled diva in the style of Ms. Collins, on the other hand, is just tedious and would mostly result in much eye-rolling from myself which would only serve to exacerbate the situation further. Serving in a kilt is not my calling, I fear.

I find it most strange how being at the front a plane brings out the histrionics from some people - C-listers (being generous to Ms. Price there), aspiring Hyacinth Bucket types or otherwise.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
First time posting on one of my favorite threads within one of my favorite forums on flyertalk.

BA6406 this morning from CPT-JNB , priority line about to board when a rather clearly eccentric gentlemen approached the front of the line to ask a question to the gate agent if priority boarding will be enforced , the gate agent obviously said yes. The man then turned to the person in the front of the line and opened his mouth while about to point at his boarding pass , obviously preempting him to say something like i am GGL or Premier, nope .... bronze. Yes bronze , looked at the man in front and said , " I am entitled to be first in the Q as I am a British Airways Executive Club Bronze member." I thought oh lord , this should be interesting. The man in front replied- in a very Deep South African accent , " Ya, you are entitled , but I'm gold so that places you 2 tiers behind me bud." The man in question then snuck in behind him as boarding had commenced as the conversation ended.

That was the last I saw him , thank god !
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Flame3601
BA6406 this morning from CPT-JNB , priority line about to board when a rather clearly eccentric gentlemen approached the front of the line to ask a question to the gate agent if priority boarding will be enforced , the gate agent obviously said yes. The man then turned to the person in the front of the line and opened his mouth while about to point at his boarding pass , obviously preempting him to say something like i am GGL or Premier, nope .... bronze. Yes bronze , looked at the man in front and said , " I am entitled to be first in the Q as I am a British Airways Executive Club Bronze member." I thought oh lord , this should be interesting. The man in front replied- in a very Deep South African accent , " Ya, you are entitled , but I'm gold so that places you 2 tiers behind me bud." The man in question then snuck in behind him as boarding had commenced as the conversation ended.
What I would have said was "Gold card holders like me call that brown when we're being kind".
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
First time posting on one of my favorite threads within one of my favorite forums on flyertalk.

That was the last I saw him , thank god !
And of course if BA were to properly enforce their boarding process then he would not have been allowed to board until after Golds and Silvers. But as we all know BA cannot be bothered. The agent's response was thus incorrect.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Smid
What I would have said was "Gold card holders like me call that brown when we're being kind".
I'd have taken out my flight sock stuffed with all my Gold/GGL cards and tags from over the years and publicly flogged him.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Talking

Right - Joan Collins (thank you DKWIA) is a talentless old ham who thinks that she is Acting Royalty. She is a better spoken, bewigged, Botoxed and Other Face Props older day Katie Price. Have I made clear my admiration for her?
Indeed, I find myself in 'accord'; done wonders for Benidorm tourism though, I understand..

Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:35 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
One day - I will break my silence about Katie Price and other C-Listers flying with us. Actually, I cannot think of a genuinely talented person who I could say ill about. It's those who think that they are or worse believe their own publicity that I could talk about. I never speak ill of the dead from the neck up.[/QUOTE]

Oh please do we could have a PKWYA thread. I look forward to this someday

(Pucci knows who you are)
magster416 and philthegreek like this.

Last edited by PJSMITH0; Aug 17, 2017 at 7:36 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
(Has-been / loud) Celebrities on BD

Another gem from our Joan...I don't know why I remember such things but that BD thread has some gold in it. Jim Bowen, Keith Chegwin and some other Z Lister antics!

Last edited by Fraser; Aug 17, 2017 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Fraser
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2795859-post7.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.