Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2017 thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Social media tends to be a haven of DYKWIA's at times. Spotted a lovely chap on BA's LinkedIn earlier spitting feathers about being a Gold member yet not being allowed to take both his wife and 16 year old son into the FLounge at T5.

"Well done BA" says the 'CEO' who doesn't bother to properly read the benefits and terms of Gold membership and shows it off to everyone while trying to be smart...
ozflygirl747 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Dame Joan Collins bashing BA on Twitter

Apologies if this was posted earlier, I couldn't see on my phone that it had.

I have just just seen a tweet from Dame Joan with a picture of her boarding pass lamenting that not only have BA removed her Premier status, they now no longer use her correct title.

WW and AC don't escape her wrath either

http://twitter.com/Joancollinsdbe/status/897889205594017797
sorry, I'll need to run to my laptop to make the link work
Tobias-UK and Calchas like this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I totally see the point of putting this in another thread, the phrase "DYKWIA" doesn't really scratch the surface here, does it?

She was given a Gold card though, or should have been.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
DYKWIA!!!!!!!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
She booked through a TA ...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Maybe a DYKWIA, but you can guarantee it'll be all over the press tomorrow. What are BA playing at?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

I have just just seen a tweet from Dame Joan with a picture of her boarding pass lamenting that not only have BA removed her Premier status, they now no longer use her correct title.

http://twitter.com/Joancollinsdbe/st...89205594017797
Who is Joan Collins?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Maybe a DYKWIA, but you can guarantee it'll be all over the press tomorrow. What are BA playing at?
If booked through a TA and they didn't take her exec no it's likely they also missed the "Dame" option??
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
It was probably that nasty ol' JR who dunnit.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If booked through a TA and they didn't take her exec no it's likely they also missed the "Dame" option??
Will the Daily Mail / Express readers give two hoots who booked it? Is the removal of her Premier status that had really annoyed her.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
BA's twitter reply does say the TA didn't properly input her title, so yes, it sounds like it was a TA booking.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
From what I'm told by the Gate Supervisor at NCE, she had a moan at him about it too - and he told her it was nothing to do with them, and to call BA!

M
jacobguo likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sadly she tweeted a very different Cruz. Albeit maybe that might not be a problem as the real Cruz at BA would have blocked her anyway...

...In other news a random guy with a similar twitter handle to Alex Cruz is going to be impressed and baffled all the same time that a Dame has tweeted at him!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:28 pm

I hope she didn't spill her cinzano on board as well
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

http://twitter.com/Joancollinsdbe/status/897889205594017797
Shame she got both Twitter addresses wrong. Maybe her flunkeys weren't around to explain how Twitter works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.