Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:42 am

Blood awful, I'm all for change but not when the change happens to be sh*t.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
One or two interesting bits but to be honest, it's all over the place.
Don't like having to scroll through windowed boxes to find some log in prompt, certain bit etc. Seems to change as well unless that's intentional?

Not sure why it needs the log in bit at the top and then again a few centimetres down on the left hand side.

Had a few errors so far.

Way too many pages to go through for the simplest thing.
No booking classes displayed.
Seat selection looks horrid.
Too much open space so you have to scroll down constantly to click "continue" or see simple information etc.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Aug 24, 2017 at 1:54 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:56 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but with the new website, when I click on 'more flight details' on a flight I want to book, I do not seem able to see the booking class any more, which is really annoying.
It's not just you - I am getting the same thing. And it's such a crappily designed popup box that I can't even screenshot the whole thing, as you have to scroll down through it to get the teeny amount of information.

And [possibly even more annoying] when you try to book a 'flight and car', the calendar defaults to furthest out booking point (ie to August 2018), for both outbound and return.

What a shower of shite... whoever came up with this needs to get sacked.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Simply put .... TERRIBLE DESIGN !! NOT USER FRIENDLY !!

Bring back the old website ...

By default as a GGL ... when i make a booking ... i seem to get dumped into a middle seat !!!

Last edited by deboyzoned; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:27 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
lol i am still on the old website?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
lol i am still on the old website?

Login to your BAEC account and then go to MMB. Then you will see.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I actually managed to see the booking class by doing a mock on the app on my iPhone (I don't like booking on the phone) which still uses the old iPhone format, but I'm just worried about the loss of a piece of information that many a passenger (and not least many an FTer!) finds crucial with the new website.
I've found the booking class in MMB !
You need to scroll down on the pop-up window and it's there (same as the 'my other bookings' pop up), very non intuitive.
The other thing I have noticed is you no longer need to tick the box to change seats on a multi-passenger PNR - I'm still fooling around with my bookings to see what else I can find....
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I've found the booking class in MMB !
You need to scroll down on the pop-up window and it's there (same as the 'my other bookings' pop up), very non intuitive.
The other thing I have noticed is you no longer need to tick the box to change seats on a multi-passenger PNR - I'm still fooling around with my bookings to see what else I can find....
I found the booking class in MMB easily but it's handy during booking as some Q class flights might yield 5TP compared to 10TP for say S class for the near enough the same price or maybe an hour apart.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by xenole
I found the booking class in MMB easily but it's handy during booking as some Q class flights might yield 5TP compared to 10TP for say S class for the near enough the same price or maybe an hour apart.
Ahh - so not visible when booking, I still seem to have the old school web page for booking with the old pop up.
Windows 10/Firefox
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Goodness, what an awful mess the new site is. Change it back and get a refund if I were you
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Thumbs down BA's New Website Interface....

Is anybody else finding that BA's new booking interface is both clunky and buggie...??

The old one probably needed a cosmetic face lift, but this new one is awful...needing multiple steps to do the same thing I used to do...and buggie with it...

Just look at Qatar or Emirates for their websites and see the difference in useability

Definitely a major...

Chris
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Is anybody else ....
Threads merged. Read upwards ....
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:20 pm

New Vs Old Ba.com - seat selection cost?

If I use IE, I get mostly the older version of BA.com.
If I use Chrome, I get the newer version.

Say I go to book LHR-DUS in IE and select the basic fare, go to seat selection, it's free.
Do the same in Chrome and as expected, I would get charged £21 for a exit row etc.

Is it just me who is getting this or some caching issue / IE thing?
Same seat map for both with Chrome having £ on each seat.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I also saw this problem with seat selection on the BA web site's "new" booking interface yesterday when trying to book a flight. I was logged in as me - I'm gold - but it still asked me to pay for seat selection.

I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that it only asked me if I am the person who will be taking the flight *after* the seat selection phase? I clicked on "Start again" (or whatever it is), and it took me back into the "old" booking interface, which worked fine.

I've submtted feedback (through the "Feedback" link) about this (whether anyone actually reads that is unknown), but it just goes to show that they haven't tested this properly at all!

Today (using the same web browser) it is giving me the "old" front end each time that it gets to the flight selection stage. I think the new design is awful - requires too much scrolling - why do they have to use so much vertical space?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Orbitmic- we are indeed finding the same in that the new booking pages do not give the fare classes. CWS screen shotted the previous User Interface (UI in geek terms!) . But the new UI is cleaner but lacks a lot of the detailed information that was there before.

Maybe this is a wider longer term idea to convert the customer to a simplistic flight price view and give them a price that reflects exactly what it wants to say, i.e basic, plus, business. But this isn't the case with their underlying revenue management and how fares are distributed alongside the FFlyer needs to know, therefore this new UI maybe cleaner and easier on the eye but lacking a thorough customer journey mind map!

Hopefully the feedback button is well used. I have used it myself and has a seamless process. I'm sure these things will be fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.