Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by xenole
Played a little just now and it's far more convuluted, at least on my phone.
Seems to take far longer to do a simple search such as LHR-MAN, and then you've the "scroll down for flight, car, car+hotel etc" before it even searches.

I need to play more with it and compare side by side to make a decision on it but at present, I find the old system more user friendly.
This sounds like BA.com is turning into the Ryanair site - everything about selling add-ons, rather than helping customers book flights easily.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bafan
This sounds like BA.com is turning into the Ryanair site - everything about selling add-ons, rather than helping customers book flights easily.
It's just the same as the normal site giving the options but with large push buttons.
They do offer hotels, cars etc at different points of the booking process anyway so it's nothing new.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Decided to play with it for a while, I am on the mobile version on my phone. A lot of the photo 'tiles' are blank and it keeps throwing me into the desktop site.
I don't see much difference on the mobile site which is designed far more simply and without a lot of the functionality of the desktop .
Apart from the amount of features that just don't work
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The new site looks like it was a project for interns this summer... random ideas pulled from all over the web. To me the new Ryanair's site looks better!

I don't get why the new search form got split into two pages, date selector doesn't remember my previously chosen dates and requires scrolling page scrolling to access dates on my widescreen laptop... but hey, we've got half page sale banner plus image blocks with a text on them which is difficult to read. So 2015...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Multi Leg trips

Can you change the class of each leg on an open jaw booking?

Example. I often fly long haul daylight in Coach and overnight flights in Business.

Last edited by IRISHFLYER1; Oct 26, 2016 at 8:52 am
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
HELP! I agreed to try it, and now each time I try to open it I get to an internal BA error page with links to "Employee self service"
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
HELP! I agreed to try it, and now each time I try to open it I get to an internal BA error page with links to "Employee self service"
I have not been able to use the BA website for well over a week by now. I think that theoretically, there should be a case for a mass firing of the entire BA IT department because it is so shambolic, but then conversely, I'll admit that I would certainly prioritise the mass firing of BA's top management for other reasons at the moment.

Hilariously, as the website does not work, you can't complain to them about the failures that way and I personally haven't bothered to send an email (I might later today) and the one time I called to book a ticket (see below) and mentioned the issue, I just got a "oh, we know" answer. I have had several multi city itineraries to book this past week and you cannot do that on the app and using the full website on an iPhone is not convenient, so while I booked one over the phone, the other two had alternatives that worked just as well so I booked them on other airlines instead.

I just find both the level of incompetence this takes, and the level of lazy carelessness the handling of the problem seems to suggest absolutely extraordinary.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I have not been able to use the BA website for well over a week by now. I think that theoretically, there should be a case for a mass firing of the entire BA IT department because it is so shambolic, but then conversely, I'll admit that I would certainly prioritise the mass firing of BA's top management for other reasons at the moment.

Hilariously, as the website does not work, you can't complain to them about the failures that way and I personally haven't bothered to send an email (I might later today) and the one time I called to book a ticket (see below) and mentioned the issue, I just got a "oh, we know" answer. I have had several multi city itineraries to book this past week and you cannot do that on the app and using the full website on an iPhone is not convenient, so while I booked one over the phone, the other two had alternatives that worked just as well so I booked them on other airlines instead.

I just find both the level of incompetence this takes, and the level of lazy carelessness the handling of the problem seems to suggest absolutely extraordinary.
I raised the issue on Twitter. They responded with a link that would allegedly improve the "reputation" of my IP address. Of course, how could I have been so arrogant to think the problem was about them, when it is clearly about me!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
New ba.com beta website

Just logged on and got message asking if I wanted to try new beta website. I really like the new design - much sleeker and more modern looking but definitely still in beta.

When I try to search for a flight, it loops me back to the original home page and just about every other link i click on is giving me an error that says: Sorry, we regret to advise this section of the site is temporarily unavailable...
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Dear BA IT,

Sorry to bother you, but "Would you like to try our new home page and booking experience?" pops up every time I use your website, and it's annoying the hell out of me. It's been doing this for over two months now.

Would it be too much to ask you to add a "Don't ask me again about this" checkbox ?

Please ?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA Beta app now saying '"British Airways" Beta has Expired'.
Do I need to delete the app now ?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Is the BA Beta site that I have just been invited to try the same one as last year?

My feedback to BA is:

- The home page is annoying. On the current site, my attention is drawn to what I do most frequently: get a price quote for a flight. On the Beta site “The new Boston lounge is calling" is centre screen and distracting when I want to enter flight information.
- I like now being able to enter a 3 letter code for my departure airport.
- But selecting a date is annoyingly slow.
- Two extra and tedious extra clicks to get to the flight information.
- In principle it is good to have a link to “My account” on the home page, but as I have to scroll up to get to the link, the Executive Club top link is still quicker.
- Why are the top menu links underlined?

If this is rolled out I will avoid the home page in favour of the Executive Club home page.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by nbevan
Is the BA Beta site that I have just been invited to try the same one as last year?

My feedback to BA is:

- The home page is annoying. On the current site, my attention is drawn to what I do most frequently: get a price quote for a flight. On the Beta site “The new Boston lounge is calling" is centre screen and distracting when I want to enter flight information.
- I like now being able to enter a 3 letter code for my departure airport.
- But selecting a date is annoyingly slow.
- Two extra and tedious extra clicks to get to the flight information.
- In principle it is good to have a link to “My account” on the home page, but as I have to scroll up to get to the link, the Executive Club top link is still quicker.
- Why are the top menu links underlined?

If this is rolled out I will avoid the home page in favour of the Executive Club home page.
They could learn from hotels.com on the dates thing. I like that when I change check-in date, when moving to check-out date the calendar starts in the same month (but keeps original check-out date until changed)
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Just checking flight + hotel and it after filling in my details it takes me to the "Flight Only" search, which needs to he completed again.

Overall I like the look of the new site.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Seems the new design extends to MMB now. I like the improvement. Despite the IT issues. Compared to other OW partners like QR and CX I think the BA app and web combo is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.