Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Decided to crank up the laptop today, how long has MMB looked like this ???
I found it strangely disconcerting but I'm sure that I'll get used to it ...
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Decided to crank up the laptop today, how long has MMB looked like this ???
I found it strangely disconcerting but I'm sure that I'll get used to it ...
Two or three days. Irksome if on a laptop, you have to keep paging down through all the big words and white open spaces, but otherwise this is the triumph of tablet computing.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Irksome if on a laptop,

..... and I can't get it to work with safari- it gets stuck on the "loading, please wait" page.......
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
..... and I can't get it to work with safari- it gets stuck on the "loading, please wait" page.......
Works on Firefox but as c-w-s pointed out there are large areas of nothing near the top of the page.
A lot of practice for scrolling on a touchpad!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
It (eventually) works okay for me on Safari 10.1.2. It does seem to take a lot longer to load than before.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sorted.

Last edited by DrGee; Aug 5, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Irksome if on a laptop, you have to keep paging down through all the big words and white open spaces, but otherwise this is the triumph of tablet computing.
My nomination for the "most useless white space on a webpage ever" award :

Hasn't anyone tested this new stuff on 'normal' monitors ?
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ugh, hate this kind of layout. Big white spaces with grey text, find it genuinely difficult to scan it to find the info I'm looking for.

Opening this on my laptop, the "Your booking details" title is the *last* thing on the screen at the bottom, and of course none of the info is visible unless I scroll down.

I do software for a living, and this kind of thing drives me *crazy*. Lots of baby positive steps: it's clean, it's responsive, it's on-brand. But no basic sanity check that clicking MMB should ACTUALLY SHOW YOU THE BOOKING DETAILS. If it's any consolation to BA's IT bods, I can assure you that the web frontend people in my company are quite the same :-/
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
I too HATE the new layout when you click thru MMB. I have a large screen laptop, and yet the amount of scrolling up and down to actually find the basic flight info is ridiculous.

Totally unnecessary areas of white space, banner ads for other BA add-ons before I can get to the basic booking details.

Definite from me.

Last edited by PWOZUK; Aug 11, 2017 at 6:41 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
I counted FIVE operations of the page down button to get to the bottom of the "page".

Time to think again, BA
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I hate it - I think it looks cheap and as if if the intern has designed it!

aks120
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aks120
I hate it - I think it looks cheap and as if if the intern has designed it!

aks120
He certainly gets around. I just hope he runs the redemption database for a bit, though as soon as the inaugural "why are there 9 First redemptions available to Cape Town every day in December" post arrives here, he will be shuffled off somewhere else.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Is it me or does the site actually crash / go into MS-DOS mode when trying to search for flights and book?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
This new design is really starting to confuse me - I've now noticed that when I make a new booking, then on certain pages it uses the new design whilst on others it leaves me in the old one, so I suddenly jump from a coloured background and sensibly dense text (on a desktop) to a white background and acres of space and Big Text. It sounds like a little thing, but I find it quite jarring...

I just wish organisations online would stop treating us all as though we were 12 years old with the attention spans, concentration and ability to focus of gnats. I look forward to BA introducing a like button next to their fare quotes next
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS GFL
Updated BA Website

Hi
I've noticed that BA has updated their website.
Is anyone else having problems?
Screen takes ages to load, drop downs stall or leave black pages and it's impossible to enter text into the dialogue boxes.
I gave up last night and booked a flight with another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.