Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:59 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Orbitmic- we are indeed finding the same in that the new booking pages do not give the fare classes. CWS screen shotted the previous User Interface (UI in geek terms!) . But the new UI is cleaner but lacks a lot of the detailed information that was there before.

Maybe this is a wider longer term idea to convert the customer to a simplistic flight price view and give them a price that reflects exactly what it wants to say, i.e basic, plus, business. But this isn't the case with their underlying revenue management and how fares are distributed alongside the FFlyer needs to know, therefore this new UI maybe cleaner and easier on the eye but lacking a thorough customer journey mind map!

Hopefully the feedback button is well used. I have used it myself and has a seamless process. I'm sure these things will be fixed.
This thread has drifted down a few pages...

Am I correct in thinking that nothing has been fixed, and that it's still not possible to check booking class during the booking process? [I certainly can't find the darn thing!]

This really is the worst website redesign I have ever seen.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
This thread has drifted down a few pages...

Am I correct in thinking that nothing has been fixed, and that it's still not possible to check booking class during the booking process? [I certainly can't find the darn thing!]

This really is the worst website redesign I have ever seen.
Cant see anything. For me this is worse than all the laborious functionality issues. I tried to start a thread last week but for an odd reason (it was briefly discussed on this thread) the mods closed it to comments, but I think it warrants a separate discussion to highlight workarounds.

The only simple jury-rig is to book on the app, where the bucket still appears, or have it open while you search online. I was kindly referred to Amex Travel by a fellow FTer but I am not that familiar with the system so it just compounded the problem.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Cant see anything. For me this is worse than all the laborious functionality issues.
Does this link in anyway help? Certainly for me, if I start from here then I get to see the selling class via the flight number hyperlink (Chrome) when the available flights are listed:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...lidays/flights

alternatively:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?source=cys

also the left hand column in My Executive Club also works for me.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Does this link in anyway help? Certainly for me, if I start from here then I get to see the selling class via the flight number hyperlink (Chrome) when the available flights are listed:

alternatively:

Yes these links do go back to the old ba.com style with the old flight info hyperlinks, I've tried it in Edge/IE and Firefox too. I also find that some destinations also do this even when searching from the new ba.com.

I'll keep those bookmarked until they stop working ^
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
c-w-s

Thanks for the pointer, but I'm actually trying to book a flight+car trip, and that takes you to the 'new improved' interface, without the ability to check booking class....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
c-w-s

Thanks for the pointer, but I'm actually trying to book a flight+car trip, and that takes you to the 'new improved' interface, without the ability to check booking class....
Dummy book the flights standalone, and then see if the car comes up on the Upsell screen after flight selection?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Or, alternatively, phone BAEC to do the booking? Get them to tell you the booking class, and get them to add the car?

It could prove quicker than fighting with ba.com
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC

alternatively:

Ahhh CWS - my FT hero. I thought it wouldn't work as the link came up as the "new and improved" but once I input the search parameters it sent me straight through to the old with flight options.

Although the web rewrite isn't quite changing the Coke recipe, its not far off.

Last edited by TheJayHatch; Sep 14, 2017 at 4:22 am Reason: Naivite
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Probably only a temporary thing but Firefox is still taking me to the old version. I accidentally did a flight search in Chrome yesterday and didn't like it at all.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
OK - deep breath.

So for some reason, the ba.com homepage has now changed to the new style, for me. BAEC homepage still old style, and when I do a booking, the flight choice pages are still old style (ie I still get to click on the flight number to see the booking classes in each cabin).

However, bizarrely, now when I do a booking from my BAEC homepage (using the fields down the left hand side), on first entry it is automatically populating the "Date" fields with dates far into 2021, which the calendar pop-up's can't cope with, so they default to September 2018, which a) confuses me, and b) means I have to click back to 2017 every single time...

Is this just happening to me, or is it everyone?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:33 am

Has there been a new feature added to the new release of BA.com? Namely a My Account Details swipe on the main page? Maybe it's been there for a while and I haven't noticed, but this screen brings a 3 part display: current TPs/Avios; recent transactions; hotlinks to the main areas. Unlike some other changes this looks like something useful.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Has there been a new feature added to the new release of BA.com? Namely a My Account Details swipe on the main page? Maybe it's been there for a while and I haven't noticed, but this screen brings a 3 part display: current TPs/Avios; recent transactions; hotlinks to the main areas.
I think it's been there for a good few weeks at least. But it's small consolation given the intense frustrations that parts of the new website have brought.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Has there been a new feature added to the new release of BA.com? Namely a My Account Details swipe on the main page? Maybe it's been there for a while and I haven't noticed, but this screen brings a 3 part display: current TPs/Avios; recent transactions; hotlinks to the main areas. Unlike some other changes this looks like something useful.
Data point - I've had this for the last 10 days.

I still can't book or search from the home screen though. When I enter my parameters and press book it takes me back the homepage. Can only search through my BAEC page.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Not sure how long it's been there but I noticed it last week under the flight and holidays grey tab and I agree it's handy for a quick view of your account and links to where you need to go.

However, there does still seem to be a few bugs and when checking hotels getting an error message and it redirects to the home page. Tried other browsers and the same however if I change the country it seems to work! BA Hotels can be competitive and sometimes free brekkie etc or a room upgrade shows so for me I just took my business elsewhere (very little I know but multiply that by a few thousand users) and I could imagine many others doing the same so BA are losing out here I feel all because of their new site.

The other error is showing 2021 when looking at flights as the calendar then when you click on it then shows the last booking month in Jan 2019. Hopefully these gremlins will disappear soon as faults are reported which I have fed back to BA.

Overall so far for me though it isn't good and can be frustrating at times as reported here by quite a few including Dr Bernado's post above.

Last edited by PETER01; Jan 23, 2018 at 6:51 am
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
And on a cosmetic point, the more I look at the gold 'badge' with speedmarque on the BAEC homepage, the more of a funny colour it looks there are lots of different shades of gold BA uses and this seems to be the grubbiest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.