Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK, so I'm going to My Executive Club / Mon Executive Club, then in the blue band on the left I enter GLA - LHR and, erm, voila:

(if multiple flights you need to press the + sign).

I'm using Ghostery, which blocks the 3 trackers that the booking process uses.
But that looks like the old version, not the new one! And indeed, on the old one there was no issue clicking the flight number, that's what I did for years. On the new one, though, I just cannot see an equivalent. I don't know how to insert the copy of the pdf/printout of what I get but it looks entirely different.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
DELETE (failed attempt to post a link to the pic)
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
But that looks like the old version, not the new one! I don't know how to insert the copy of the pdf/printout of what I get but it looks entirely different.
If I select a flight it goes further into a quote the new white spaded version comes up, but the hyperlink remains the same. Have you tried the My Executive Club route?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:49 pm

If I select a flight it goes further into a quote the new white spaded version comes up, but the hyperlink remains the same. Have you tried the My Executive Club route?
Yes, it just gives me a long list of "Sorry, but you cannot book online etc." messages where it used to be possible to book from the My exec club page screen. Only way I manage to get to any booking page takes me back to the new blue/grey stuff with no flight number shown at any point except under 'flight details' where it is not hyperlinked and where the only information I am given is the one I mentioned earlier. Not sure how to get out of that and back to the old/normal/useful version...
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well not sure what to advise, other than (a) ringing up and/or (b) book and then cancel if necessary and/or (c) use Amex / Flights to see the fares and relate them to the fare buckets on BA.com - it has a similar layout.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:03 pm

Well not sure what to advise, other than (a) ringing up and/or (b) book and then cancel if necessary and/or (c) use Amex / Flights to see the fares and relate them to the fare buckets on BA.com - it has a similar layout.
I actually managed to see the booking class by doing a mock on the app on my iPhone (I don't like booking on the phone) which still uses the old iPhone format, but I'm just worried about the loss of a piece of information that many a passenger (and not least many an FTer!) finds crucial with the new website.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:09 am

As I continue exploring life with the new website, and in the hope that someone from BA is monitoring this thread, a few reflections:

Pros:

1) Design is nicer than before
2) I like the fact that starting booking page now lets me enter any starting airport not just within a given airport. Before, this was only possible from the my exec club opening page but not the home page. As someone who keeps needing to book from various countries this is great
3) I really like the fact that now, when I want to change a flight, it gives the specific amount next to each proposed new flight as opposed to "low, medium, high" as before which was very unhelpful

Cons:

1) Having tried again and concluded that I was not doing anything wrong, I REALLY dislike the fact that one cannot check the booking class (as in bucket letter) of flights with the new version. Please do know that this matters to many frequent flyers and is an element of information that we really do not wish to lose.
2) Things still bug or freeze a lot. In particular, after I enter details for what I need to book, clicking search leads to no result and I need to reload multiple times and reenter the details. Whenever it does work (less than 50% of the time), it sometimes takes very long
3) Design is too sensitive: it's really hard to open the 'my account detail' tab just because scrolling towards it automatically opens nearby main menus (flight and holidays, etc) and hides it.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
BA New Website Home Page

Its awful ....
hungry likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Its awful ....
It looks as bad as it did before (the same).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Quite like it on the iPad - and the phallic shape has gone from the beach
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by SvenAge
It looks as bad as it did before (the same).
The old version had better navigation.
hungry likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Agree. Way too any clicks to price some flights now.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Is this why printing my itinerary has big spaces but with print so tiny that it's hard to read. Reprinting my next journey and comparing it to one done a few weeks ago I see it uses another full page for the same information.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Is this why printing my itinerary has big spaces but with print so tiny that it's hard to read. Reprinting my next journey and comparing it to one done a few weeks ago I see it uses another full page for the same information.
Almost certainly, and definitely a real pain. I don't think I've ever printed out my itinerary - but my partner needed hers last week for an EU visa application, and the visa processing center wouldn't accept the one I printed (with the new format) saying it was too hard to read

In the end I remembered that I had the original booking confirmation in my inbox (in a different format with the superlarge text ...), and as it also included her name they accepted that instead. Very annoying.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze
The seat maps in MMB are the worst, no more 'at a glance' seeing what's what.
The available seats are now showing as just a blue line. I am unimpressed - really, really unimpressed with the seat map design.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.