Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You are thinking of the width reduction with the front row seats in WT where the table is stowed in the armrest, all seats in WT plus are the same width as they all have the tables stowed within the armrest.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by w3andw4d
33JK has become available on 86J 744. Should I go for those or stick with 36AB?

Thanks
Were you able to pick them? 33A is shown as available on my flight, but BA won't let me pick it because I don't have an infant with me.

Does anyone have an infant I can borrow for this flight??
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by legalalien
Were you able to pick them? 33A is shown as available on my flight, but BA won't let me pick it because I don't have an infant with me.

Does anyone have an infant I can borrow for this flight??
Yes I got them. I had to call the BAEC Gold line, who moved us with the proviso that if they are required for an infant, then we may well loose them.

I assume that could happen if someone with an infant hasn't paid for these seats, or would BA allocate them at time of booking anyway?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
I haven't read through all 13 pages of this thread so apologies if this was covered earlier already.

I am travelling to Boston tomorrow on the BA 215, supposedly a 777. Just checked in and got seat 18B. I'm wondering what kind of plane I'll be in? Neither BA's (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...r-plus-seatmap) nor Seatguru's seatmaps do show a 777 or any other BA plane where WT+ is in the area of rows 18-20? Are they just out of date or what is happening here?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
One of three B777s with this configuration.
British Airways B777-200 17F/48J/24W/127Y Seat Map
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by sPaCePiR8
I haven't read through all 13 pages of this thread so apologies if this was covered earlier already.

I am travelling to Boston tomorrow on the BA 215, supposedly a 777. Just checked in and got seat 18B. I'm wondering what kind of plane I'll be in? Neither BA's (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...r-plus-seatmap) nor Seatguru's seatmaps do show a 777 or any other BA plane where WT+ is in the area of rows 18-20? Are they just out of date or what is happening here?
This one..
British Airways B777-200 17F/48J/24W/127Y Seat Map
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is it worth going slightly out of one's way to fly WT+ over another carrier's econ?

I need to be in WAW and then fly straight to SIN (and back) from there. Normally I would take Finnair via HEL but the prices I'm seeing are identical to flying BA with WT on the outbound and WT+ on the inbound.

So basically, is it worth the extra distance just to fly WT+ on one of the legs?

Also, what are the chances of being bumped up from WT+ on this route? Do the chances increase by taking the middle row? I take it if a party of 3 gets bumped into WT+ then naturally those in one of the middle rows get pushed forward.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thanks ehud and CIHY!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:16 am
Suspended

aster, is that A380 WT+?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by aster
Is it worth going slightly out of one's way to fly WT+ over another carrier's econ?

I need to be in WAW and then fly straight to SIN (and back) from there. Normally I would take Finnair via HEL but the prices I'm seeing are identical to flying BA with WT on the outbound and WT+ on the inbound.

So basically, is it worth the extra distance just to fly WT+ on one of the legs?

Also, what are the chances of being bumped up from WT+ on this route? Do the chances increase by taking the middle row? I take it if a party of 3 gets bumped into WT+ then naturally those in one of the middle rows get pushed forward.
WTP is significantly more comfortable and private than any economy offering, but whether that is worth the extra time and hassle of changing planes is something only you can judge. The extra Avios and TPs may or may not be important to you?

Personally, I would probably take the WTP option but it would be a close call.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
As a data point, I just did my first WTP on a 787-9 and it was great for a day flight. I was in 17K (window seat 2nd row back) and it was very comfortable, acres of leg space, good plugs/usb etc. Food a disappointment - a crummy breakfast followed (hours) later by some snacks, and I had to proactively order a G&T (well, two actually - and I had the decency to wait until it was afternoon Oman time), but the hard product was excellent. Other than having to climb over the sleeping stranger next to me, I think the seat is better than row 16 as you have more leg room - I had a quick test of 16 as I was first on board and the bulkhead is just that little bit close (for my legs).
LPQ and Geordie405 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by richardwft
aster, is that A380 WT+?
Richard - yes, it would be the 23:15 inbound from SIN on the A380 (as mentioned WT+ only on return leg unfortunately).

Originally Posted by fruitcage
WTP is significantly more comfortable and private than any economy offering, but whether that is worth the extra time and hassle of changing planes is something only you can judge. The extra Avios and TPs may or may not be important to you?
I would still need to change planes as I will be heading out from WAW that day, but HEL is closer, further east and slightly more convenient (no second security check before the next flight on the outbound, so once I clear WAW there's no more hassle with digging out laptops, ipads, etc.). I wouldn't mind a few pints at LHR, but flying in at 17:25 and then departing at 19:05 doesn't leave much time for pleasantries.

Avios/TPs not really important - current ones still valid till 2019 and not big on racking up more (considering the SIN route is probably the hardest one to redeem on - unless things have changed...).
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:58 pm

I was hoping someone could help me answer some questions about my upcoming WTP flight in May. I am used to flying WTP on a 789 or 773 but haven't been in WTP on a 744 before. I am guessing they changed the AUS->LHR and vice versa to a 744 which is strange to me. I have a DVT so that reflects where most of my questions originate from. I am safe to fly as it was several years ago but I am on strict Dr's orders to move frequently during the flight.

Anyway here are my questions:
1. On the overnight flight over I am currently in 15A. How hard is it to get in/out of that seat? I thought I saw somewhere that you could get out by climbing around the seat and go behind to get out. I am pretty active and run about 4 miles 4 days a week so I can climb etc... I am 6'3" though and about 230 pounds (16.5 stone). I am not flabby just pretty bulky as far as structure. Will I have trouble? I'll probably be doing this maneuver at least 4 or 5 times during the night. If it is too difficult I could move to 13D or another seat in the center. My goal here is not to bother anyone but I would like to keep the window if possible. (I like bulkheads for this but I doubt I could score one unless I tried to pull off a medical reason).
2. When I am up several times I would walk from the WTP through WT and back again just to have some room to stand in the back where I wouldn't be bugging anyone. Since I am going to be between first and club world how does that work? Am I stuck in WTP without room to move around?
3. How does boarding/disembark work?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ummgood
1. On the overnight flight over I am currently in 15A. How hard is it to get in/out of that seat? I thought I saw somewhere that you could get out by climbing around the seat and go behind to get out. I am pretty active and run about 4 miles 4 days a week so I can climb etc... I am 6'3" though and about 230 pounds (16.5 stone). I am not flabby just pretty bulky as far as structure. Will I have trouble? I'll probably be doing this maneuver at least 4 or 5 times during the night. If it is too difficult I could move to 13D or another seat in the center. My goal here is not to bother anyone but I would like to keep the window if possible. (I like bulkheads for this but I doubt I could score one unless I tried to pull off a medical reason).
2. When I am up several times I would walk from the WTP through WT and back again just to have some room to stand in the back where I wouldn't be bugging anyone. Since I am going to be between first and club world how does that work? Am I stuck in WTP without room to move around?
3. How does boarding/disembark work?
1. My guess is that you'll be marginal for this, so I suspect you'll probably only find out when you get on board. I'm a little lighter than you, but also a little shorter, and it's been just possible for me (although I haven't actually tried it recently).

2. Without any personal experience of this, what I think I would personally try to do about this is to let the CSD/CSM know that I'd like to walk the length of the entire cabin from time to time and ask if that's OK. If there's an OK from the CSD/CSM and some communication from them to the cabin crew stationed in the doors 2 galley, you may then find no objection from them to strolling down to the very aft end of the cabin (doors 5). But it would be good not to abuse that by loitering in the Club cabin on your way.

3. By improvisation, mostly. It really doesn't matter much whether boarding is through door 1 or door 2. On disembarkation, if door 2 is used, the crew may ask WT+ passengers to stay put while F passengers disembark; there's usually good compliance with this request if it's made, but there's always a chance that some DYKWIA type in WT+ will insist on getting off first just because they can.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
1. My guess is that you'll be marginal for this, so I suspect you'll probably only find out when you get on board. I'm a little lighter than you, but also a little shorter, and it's been just possible for me (although I haven't actually tried it recently).

2. Without any personal experience of this, what I think I would personally try to do about this is to let the CSD/CSM know that I'd like to walk the length of the entire cabin from time to time and ask if that's OK. If there's an OK from the CSD/CSM and some communication from them to the cabin crew stationed in the doors 2 galley, you may then find no objection from them to strolling down to the very aft end of the cabin (doors 5). But it would be good not to abuse that by loitering in the Club cabin on your way.

3. By improvisation, mostly. It really doesn't matter much whether boarding is through door 1 or door 2. On disembarkation, if door 2 is used, the crew may ask WT+ passengers to stay put while F passengers disembark; there's usually good compliance with this request if it's made, but there's always a chance that some DYKWIA type in WT+ will insist on getting off first just because they can.
Thanks! That is a big help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.