Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:52 am

Thank you - the flight is BA55 London to Johannesburg, and I think it's an A380.

I did put that in the subject line, but perhaps should have pasted it in the body!

I have a screenshot of the available seats but don't have enough posts to upload, I have also looked at the BA source but all the seats near the back seem bad.

I guess I'm just after the least bad option lol
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TazUK
Thank you - the flight is BA55 London to Johannesburg, and I think it's an A380.
By "the specific flight", I think that RB211 meant knowing the date, too, so that we can look at the seat map for your specific flight - if you are prepared to post that.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:23 am

Right - it's an A380 going to a certain place (JoBerg)... if it's going tomorrow, don't bother buying and checking at exactly 24 hours and pick whatever seat you think is best of those available. If the flight is in 6 months I'd pay to get a non-middle now - it's going to fill up and your mother may not be high on the op-up list. Specifics are everything.

If you post the exact details we can take a look at the seat map (which may be a different view than you are seeing due to status/theoretical seating/other factors) and possibly provide more help. Does your mother have status?

If that's all the information you are willing to post I would grab the furthest forward a non-middle on the left side (67F given current, limited, info!) But that's me and lacking so much information.

rb211.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite

Flying 747 from JFK->LHR, which pair of WTP seats would be the best for a travelling couple? Once I got op-up'd to 36B and it did not recline fully - does 35JK have the same disadvantage? Does anyone know how it is with the loo being right behind them?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by jaro
Flying 747 from JFK->LHR, which pair of WTP seats would be the best for a travelling couple? Once I got op-up'd to 36B and it did not recline fully - does 35JK have the same disadvantage? Does anyone know how it is with the loo being right behind them?
I was under the impression that all WTP seats have the same recline, guess that was a false impression.

I have no experience of WTP on the 86J (Super-Hi J) so cannot say. Hopefully someone who knows something will be along an a moment or two.

rb211.
jaro likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RB211
I was under the impression that all WTP seats have the same recline, guess that was a false impression.
They do, with the exception of six A350 WT seats (row 35 on the fuselage side of the aisle), short haul exit row and NEO Recaros. In the past it was also true for some LGW 777s and 757s (back rows). There may have been a fault with the seat in question, unless it was a long time ago.

So personally I would suggest 36A+B on that map, if not, then stay in row 35A+B. I wouldn't go the over side due to WC traffic. Unlike other parts of BA's seating, there are only a few things that separate out the seating, such as front row and back row, otherwise they're all pretty much down to obvious issues such as window versus aisle etc.
jaro likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite

The 747 got changed to a different one and this is the new layout - are 12JK good or should I go for 15/16?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:05 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I'm on the 777 to cancun, does anyone have any opinion on whether the bulkhead is worth it?

Every time I've seen WTP the seats in front seem to recline so far back that they would be annoying, although I appreciate there is a much bigger leg room/distance between them than WT.

Is the bulkhead leg room that limited? It's that vs the benefit of having nobody in front, and not having to move someone to get out of the window seat.

Thanks for any opinions
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PxC
Is the bulkhead leg room that limited? It's that vs the benefit of having nobody in front, and not having to move someone to get out of the window seat.
Is this a Gatwick based 777 (perhaps you can indicate the first and last row numbers in WTP?)? There are so many 777 versions now (and of course things could change). But if it is LGW then the leg room in the first row of WTP is great, and just enough to step around the aisle seat passenger. However there is no window on that seat.

Old Apr 30, 2021, 5:08 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is this a Gatwick based 777 (perhaps you can indicate the first and last row numbers in WTP?)? There are so many 777 versions now (and of course things could change). But if it is LGW then the leg room in the first row of WTP is great, and just enough to step around the aisle seat passenger. However there is no window on that seat.

Ah yes it’s LGW-CUN and the rows are 10-15

Thanks CWS
Old Apr 30, 2021, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by PxC
Ah yes it’s LGW-CUN and the rows are 10-15

Thanks CWS
Yes, to confirm that was a photo of row 10 on the LGW's 777 fleet which has WTP in rows 10 to 15 inclusive.
PxC likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Booked WTP from JFK to LHR in October. Based on this seating chart, it seems this is a 4 class 777-200ER. Found it on BA Source as "British Airways Boeing 777-200ER 8F/49J/40W/138Y Seat Map" . Based on what I've been reading, these seem to be pretty new seats.

My guess it would be this kind of cabin? Or are there newer deployments of these seats?

Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by motoridersd
Booked WTP from JFK to LHR in October. Based on this seating chart, it seems this is a 4 class 777-200ER. Found it on BA Source as "British Airways Boeing 777-200ER 8F/49J/40W/138Y Seat Map" . Based on what I've been reading, these seem to be pretty new seats.

My guess it would be this kind of cabin? Or are there newer deployments of these seats?
Yes, from the seating configuration you describe, this is the new 77M. The WTP seats are the 2010 iteration so the same as pictured in your post
motoridersd likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Prospero
Yes, from the seating configuration you describe, this is the new 77M. The WTP seats are the 2010 iteration so the same as pictured in your post
Thank you! Guess most seats are basically he same except for the front row. Row 23 is $30 less per person. We'd get the two seats. Is there an advantage to getting rows 21-22 over 23?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by motoridersd
Thank you! Guess most seats are basically he same except for the front row. Row 23 is $30 less per person. We'd get the two seats. Is there an advantage to getting rows 21-22 over 23?
People prefer to be further forward in the cabin, and BA recognises that and so charges extra, but the seats are the same. If you have status with AA or AS or any other oneworld airline you may be able to avoid paying seat fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.