Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
People prefer to be further forward in the cabin, and BA recognises that and so charges extra, but the seats are the same. If you have status with AA or AS or any other oneworld airline you may be able to avoid paying seat fees.
Thanks, unfortunately I do not. I'm a DL flyer with no status elsewhere at the moment.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
Traveling in WT+ for the first time with DH, our 4 year old, and an 18 month old. Currently in Row 12. Should we try to move up to 11? I'm not sure how much the 18 month old would use the bassinet- but it is an overnight flight.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Row 11 could recline quite into your space which would be very annoying with the lap infant. Absolutely take Row 11
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Row 11 could recline quite into your space which would be very annoying with the lap infant. Absolutely take Row 11
I think I will need to call them. It won’t allow me to move us all to row 11. I get an error that it needs to be saved for someone with an infant. So it would let me do two in row 11 but then would need the 3rd either behind in row 12 or across the aisle- which isn’t ideal with two adults and a 4 year old
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Can anyone kindly advise if 23A/K in WTP on the 777-300G config (non Club Suite) has restricted window view? May move forward for a MIA flight in a few weeks however Aerolopa map seems to suggest that there's only one window that may be slightly behind normal head-turn view!
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:59 am

777 Change

We’ve been changed from a 77H to 77M, travelling in WT+, any seat recommendations? At the moment all seats except front row are available. Can see from the guide that it’s the 2010 WT+ cabin.

Are they gonna be the Royal Blue seats or the newer Navy?
Planning to sleep on way back so have the seats at the back of the cabin reserved at moment.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Does row 21 on a 787-9 have full recline, or any IFE boxes?

I'm in 16B at present, but don't really care if I sit back in 21B next to the toilet if I could stay reclined all throughout the daytime flight.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by xenole
Does row 21 on a 787-9 have full recline, or any IFE boxes?

I'm in 16B at present, but don't really care if I sit back in 21B next to the toilet if I could stay reclined all throughout the daytime flight.
An older review but nonetheless still valid and by Prospero. I'm sure the B seats have an IFE box which impedes your foot space so beware of that too.

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 787-9 World Traveller Plus - row 21

Originally Posted by Prospero
From what I observed, seats 21AB and 21JK are very private and have full recline - there is a curtain separating the rear of the WT+ cabin and toilets located immediately behind the last central bank of seats (at row 20) and by virtue of the oodles of milling space available at the front of WT cabin, any queues for the loos will most likely to form behind the curtain.

One cautionary note however, neither 21A or 21K have a window but a partial view is provided so long as the seats in front are not reclined. All the other window seat enjoy window views though, including bulkhead seats at row 16.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
An older review but nonetheless still valid and by Prospero. I'm sure the B seats have an IFE box which impedes your foot space so beware of that too.

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 787-9 World Traveller Plus - row 21
I'll stick to my present seat.
No window is too reminiscent of A380 flights from LAX-LHR (the one that arrives at 3:15pm) where everyone seems to close the blinds for the entire flight to sleep even though it's been light outside for hours.....

Most pictures and videos involve someone sitting in the first row, or immediately being say down and the plane taxiing. Did see a video just now and definitely no windows in row 21.

Is it the A350 that's got some changes in IFE box placement?

Last edited by xenole; Nov 10, 2021 at 6:15 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:12 pm

Back again.

Anything better than anything else on my 777-300 type G or N - whatever it is. LAX-LHR overnight flight (no UUA options unfortunately)

Not fussed by the 22B and J legroom, and they might have a good a toilet view as the Y cabin at the back of the upper deck on the A380 does.

Hopefully I won't have an immediate seat mate.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Is there any advantage to booking row 15 on 77L (3-class 772 with Club Suites)? BA doesn't advertise it as extra legroom.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: QF WP, VA
Thinking of booking SIN-LHR and return. Is there any difference between the WTP products between the 777 and 787?
Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Texter
Thinking of booking SIN-LHR and return. Is there any difference between the WTP products between the 777 and 787?
Thanks
Very little. On that route the big difference would be if there was an A380 service since WTP window seats get the handy side storage unit. The 787 is a more pleasant aircraft - quieter and better air quality - but that's irrespective of cabin.
Texter and PGberkshire like this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Question re WT+ on the A380:

I prefer a window seat but on a long flight I'll probably have to get up a few times to use the head.

If the person in the aisle seat is reclined, how hard is it to get past them? Don't want to have to bother someone a bunch or climb over them.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by engineroom
Question re WT+ on the A380:

I prefer a window seat but on a long flight I'll probably have to get up a few times to use the head.

If the person in the aisle seat is reclined, how hard is it to get past them? Don't want to have to bother someone a bunch or climb over them.
This is wouldn’t be possible (except maybe for those who are exceptionally slightly built). The issue isn’t just if the person next to you is reclined or not, but also whether the person in front of them (or you) is.

For this reason I usually prefer an aisle to come and go as I like. Or, if available, 61A or 61K are your friends here as both are bulkhead window seats with easy aisle access.
engineroom likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.