Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SirToby
Did you get any response after sending the details via the doc-page?
I tried that as well but nohting happening so far, neither positive nor negative...
No response to my submitting the docs. I originally filed the online form.

August 14th, submitted for ORC using the online form. No response.
September 18th, documents submitted. I hoped this would unwedge the request.
September 26th, this response:

Dear Mr. Gormless,

Thank you for requesting Avios and Tier Points for your flights on 10 August 2022.

I have now credited your original flights, which you can see if you log in to your account at ba.com.

Thank you for choosing British Airways and I do hope you fly with us again soon.

We would like to invite you to fill in a short questionnaire regarding your experience, you can do this by clicking on the following link: [elided]

If you would like to speak to me again, please get back in touch with me by clicking on the following reply link. If you use this link it will come back to me directly:

[elided]
Best regards
SirToby likes this.

Last edited by gormless; Oct 11, 2022 at 8:15 pm
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
first time i needed to request ORC as my ath-lhr-jfk-sfo flight started with a ath-lhr cancellation and subsequently put on ath-lhr-sfo.

called and they noted i used a GUF so my lhr-sfo was incorrectly applied to include 210 tp lol. and they would "fix" the return which was also incorrectly credited at 210tp per segment due to numerous re-bookings as a result of cancellations.

while i kept my fingers crossed for the 210tp due, if/WHEN they knock all remaining segments down correctly to correct their error in giving me 210 for each segment, i still come out ahead 90TP. but be warned those who request
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by gormless
No response to my submitting the docs. I originally filed the online form.

August 14th, submitted for ORC using the online form. No response.
September 18th, documents submitted. I hoped this would unwedge the request.
September 26th, this response:
Hi, can I please check whether the missing Tier Points were actually credited to your account?

I received the very same e-mail on 17th of October but to date the missing TP's haven't been credited. I clicked on the "Reply to" link to chase on 2nd of November and haven't heard anything back since then. Just wanted to check whether this is normal procedure. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Hi, can I please check whether the missing Tier Points were actually credited to your account?

I received the very same e-mail on 17th of October but to date the missing TP's haven't been credited. I clicked on the "Reply to" link to chase on 2nd of November and haven't heard anything back since then. Just wanted to check whether this is normal procedure. Thanks!
Yes, the tier points for the flight I took were reverted and the tier points for the flight that I originally booked were added.
Inselhuepfer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:40 am

Angry answer ba agent:

it is AA s decision if they will credit tier points and avios after rebooking to a westjet flight due to a late incoming aircraft.

send all the informations to aa and ba 7 weeks ago, called them today. first ba said call aa, then aa said call ba. ba executive club agent then said they got the orc request and forwarded it the same day to aa, BUT it is aa s decision, if they will credit me the original routing. only if it was a ba ticket, they definitely would.

I really do not get it, how they can do that without batting an eyelid. more money and more hours (transfer instead of nonstop) to fly oneworld, then they are not able to fulfill their contract and I am punished with loosing tier points, avios and status.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi dolphinvienna.

So yes if crediting to BAEC, you do need to file the ORC with BAEC, and they will contact any other airline as needed.

To clarify, have BA come back and now denied the claim, presumably because AA have said no?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
a way less dramatic scenario, but I'm wondering if I can get anything in terms of ORC from a HEL LHR cancellation and rebooking.

My BA-ticketed (AY operated) flight was cancelled as a result of the AY strike, and I was put on an AY-numbered itinerary for the next day.

The avios earned under an AY flight number were about 1,000 less than under BA. Maybe not worth bothering about too much, but I'm wondering if the "re-route" could earn me a whole new set of 80TPs plus associated avios from the BA flight that was cancelled.

Of course, MRC could refer to re-routing in terms of a new route rather than a switch of flights and carrier, in which case my greedy scheme is sunk.

The BAEC avios-lady had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, but I'm sure someone here will
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:26 am

It's just avios you are down on isn't it?

You could try a claim but all that would happen is the flight you were rebooked on will be removed, and you will get credited for the flight that was cancelled.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA

You could try a claim but all that would happen is the flight you were rebooked on will be removed, and you will get credited for the flight that was cancelled.
That seems fair. My only brush with ORC was (again) Helsinki. MAN LHR HEL with BA became MAN HEL direct with AY. I got the TPs and avios for both itineraries.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Resolution

Originally Posted by KARFA

The back office folk resolved my claim at warp speed. Within 24 hours of submitting it, they popped into my account the full points and avios for the cancelled BA flight in addition. The points and avios already credited to the AY service I was shifted to remain in place.

Maybe a bank error in my favour, but possibly a useful data-point.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 6:53 am

Having problems getting BA to credit the tier-points from the Original Routing.. see screenshot.

Any advice welcome!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by amrit1982
Having problems getting BA to credit the tier-points from the Original Routing.. see screenshot.

Any advice welcome!
What route did you fly? In which cabin? On which airline? What were you awarded and what were you expecting?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:04 am

Are you able to share what you had booked, what happened, and what you were rebooked on?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:09 am

Apologies for not sharing the info beforehand.

I booked LIS-HEL, HEL-DEL (return)

Both outbound flights were affected by the Finnair strike and I was re-routed on British Airways (LIS-LHR, LHR-DEL).

The BA points have been credited, but I reached out to BA over the phone to request Original Routing Credit but that was the reply I received this morning via email
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:26 am

I know it is a terrible reflection on FT and our premium snobbery, but I am assuming this was all in business?

If so, I am not even sure why you are making a claim in that situation? Presumably you are not down on TPs since you would have got 40 + 140 with AY, but instead you got 40 +140 with BA. Also if you were rebooked under BA flight numbers you would have got a lot more avios than you would have when booked on AY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.