Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You won’t get ORC for a change like this so far in advance unfortunately. ORC only comes in to play for IRROPS really.

On a broader note I think there is a very significant reduction in AA flight to/from JFK until the autumn due to a runway closure. I think this is why with the recent AA schedule changes it’s proving difficult to work out alternatives if you are passing through JFK.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Thanks KARFA, knowing AA I'm half expecting it change again...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry this is probably covered off already somewhere in the thread!

I have a booking with AA in August to LAS. I've been notified that there have been flight time changes, meaning that i can no longer take my original transcon flight (LAS-LAX-JFK-...). AA are trying to re-route me LAS-PHX-JFK, which i'm not keen on taking due to the absence of lie-flat seats on PHX-JFK.

Having phoned them, the transcon flights are fully-booked throughout; they gave me the option of flying direct LAS-LHR on BA or getting a refund. I've opted to fly the LAS-LHR direct, but where does this leave me from the perspective of recovering the TPs that I otherwise would have been owed?

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by mmfraser
Sorry this is probably covered off already somewhere in the thread!

I have a booking with AA in August to LAS. I've been notified that there have been flight time changes, meaning that i can no longer take my original transcon flight (LAS-LAX-JFK-...). AA are trying to re-route me LAS-PHX-JFK, which i'm not keen on taking due to the absence of lie-flat seats on PHX-JFK.

Having phoned them, the transcon flights are fully-booked throughout; they gave me the option of flying direct LAS-LHR on BA or getting a refund. I've opted to fly the LAS-LHR direct, but where does this leave me from the perspective of recovering the TPs that I otherwise would have been owed?

Thanks!
See my posts two above, you won’t get ORC for a change like this so far in advance unfortunately. ORC only comes in to play for IRROPS really.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
ORC and compensation advice

Hi, I hope someone can advise the best route of action following some disruption experienced last week.

On Friday 19th April my wife and I were due to fly GOT - HEL - JFK - CLT - MIA in business booked with AA on a 001 ticket. All was going well until we arrived at JFK and were met with a new boarding pass. Bad weather along the East coast meant a lot of cancellations and disruption and our JFK - CLT flight had been cancelled. We had been rerouted on Delta to FLL in economy. I quickly tried to find a better option to ask to be rebooked onto but there was nothing. AA agent wasn’t interested in helping either.

What made things worse worse was our new Delta flight ended up 4 hours 50 minutes late so we had a 6 hour wait at JFK T2 (a lovely place might I add) and arrived at our hotel in Miami at 0515 in the morning!

5 days later and I’ve not received any tier points or avios for the original route and obviously nothing for the Delta flight.

Two questions; can I claim ORC for the two AA flights I should have been on, and can I also claim for the disruption caused, including downgrade, big delay and costs associated getting me to my original destination? if so what sort of compensation can I claim and how do I go about doing it? Thanks!
Old May 4, 2019, 9:46 am

To cut it short, I was on a TP run to MIA on a 125 ticket. On the return from MIA my flight to JFK went TECH so I lost the flight from JFK to LHR. I was rebooked on the direct flight on BA from MIA to LHR. I was originally in I class but was rebooked in J so more Avios. My TP year ends in beginning in july and I have calculated that I will reach excactly 1500TP before that, so I do not need the TP from MIA to JFK.

The question is, if I do an ORC on the AA flight from MIA to JFK, will they remove my posted flight and Avios from MIA to LHR and insert the JFK to LHR instead in I class? I will get more Avios by keeping the flight from MIA to LHR in J class. Or will I keep my J class flight and add the AA flight only?
Old May 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
To cut it short, I was on a TP run to MIA on a 125 ticket. On the return from MIA my flight to JFK went TECH so I lost the flight from JFK to LHR. I was rebooked on the direct flight on BA from MIA to LHR. I was originally in I class but was rebooked in J so more Avios. My TP year ends in beginning in july and I have calculated that I will reach excactly 1500TP before that, so I do not need the TP from MIA to JFK.

The question is, if I do an ORC on the AA flight from MIA to JFK, will they remove my posted flight and Avios from MIA to LHR and insert the JFK to LHR instead in I class? I will get more Avios by keeping the flight from MIA to LHR in J class. Or will I keep my J class flight and add the AA flight only?
yes they will manually remove the rebooked flight you actually flew on and add the flights you should have taken. Sometimes you are better off not claiming and keeping your rebooked itinerary.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes they will manually remove the rebooked flight you actually flew on and add the flights you should have taken. Sometimes you are better off not claiming and keeping your rebooked itinerary.
Thank you Karfa for the reply The Avios I got from the upgrade to J from MIA to LHR is more than the 3200 Avios from MIA to JFK. Since I do not need the 40TP I will not contact BA
Old May 4, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by KARFA
See my posts two above, you won’t get ORC for a change like this so far in advance unfortunately. ORC only comes in to play for IRROPS really.
Just to add.. It happened to me 2 years ago that my itinerary was changed months ago and I did not know about the irrops rule and claimed the orc which got credited.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: BaGold
Will I get my TPs? (overbooked flight and took offer of direct flight at check in)

looking for some guidance from the gurus here. Was due to fly this morning Haneda- LHR-JFK as the return portion of a two week biz trip (all in Club world). At check in they shared they were overbooked in J and looking for volunteers to either downgrade to WTP/WT or fly a different carrier (with some GBP comp). I said I would if they could a) guarantee my tierpoints for the journey (biggest priority as that is 300!) and fly me direct to NY. The station manager said points would be fine and promptly booked me into the ANA direct flight to JFK as JL flight was overbooked as well!

not looking for a benefit analysis of ANA vs BA (I’ve never flown them, but I know it’s flat bed and it’s direct...and I can tel you I miss the JL first lounge vs the ANA business lounge) more looking for a steer on whether you think I’ll be able to get my 300 TPs or not. They were pretty desperate for volunteers - the direct JL flight to London was also overbooked and they were moving people to ANA when they could. If it helps at all it was a 075 ticket (Iberia bought by my TA don’t ask me why as I flew all BA metal)

Appreciate any steer/perspective
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Here's the thread you need to look at. You're looking for Original Routing Credit (ORC).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html

I suspect you'll receive it without too much trouble. My only concern is that you volunteered for the change but if you can point to the conversation with the BA agent who confirmed you'd receive the points I think it will be ok.

Another option which was extremely fast for me last time (just a couple of weeks ago) is to send a private message to BAMissingAvios.

Let us know how it goes or perhaps post a response in the thread above. The fact that's it's an IB ticket shouldn't matter as it doesn't need to be on a BA ticket number. I routinely receive ORC on AA 001 tickets.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:53 pm

Perfect thank you. Wasn’t familiar with the terminology - will let you know how goes in the thread you linked to above.
golfmad and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by CTwill
The station manager said points would be fine and promptly booked me into the ANA direct flight to JFK as JL flight was overbooked as well!
Would you mind giving us an idea of how much GBP comp you were offered?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:44 am

Hi - 125 GBP for flying on a different flight. There were other prices for downgrading to WTP or WT which were slightly less if I recall (maybe 100 and 75 respectively). One chap next to me got moved to a NRT flight and they arranged what I can only imagine was a very expensive taxi for him.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:14 pm

I was supposed to fly an AA domestic followed by a BA transatlantic to LHR, getting 40TP for the domestic and 140TP for the BA flight. The AA flight got cancelled and I was put on a direct BA flight earning 140TP. The 40TP from the cancelled AA flight was never credited, although I had booked this routing specifically to get the TPs. Any chance of them actually crediting the 40TP? I have all the documentation they might ask for, but my TP collection year has since renewed, so technically if they had posted the 40TP I would have lost them by now. Worth a shot?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.