Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA, Southwest
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Season’s greetings everyone.

I need to claim ORC for a BA Holidays booking. Do I need to contact BAH or BAEC?

And is anyone else experiencing issues with the general BA email link in post 1?

It’s just showing this for me - don’t know whether it’s a standard BA IT snafu or a permanently dead link.

I am in the same boat. I started a BA Holiday tier-point run today, and my SFO to JFK to LHR to EDI route was proactively changed by AA to SFO to LHR to EDI so I'll be missing 280 all important tier points! I didn't have any choice in the matter as AA send me a rebooking email and cancelled my SFO to JFK flight. I would have preferred to stay on my delayed SFO to JFK flight, overnight in New York and be put on the first BA flight to London in the morning just to make the tier points cleaner, but I didn't have any choice. Of course, it wasn't that easy. AA didn't do the ticketing right so it took forever for the BA agent to check me in. So I will be following any advice you get and please keep me posted on your progress/success.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
I travelled on BA1478 on 7th January. The flight was late departing GLA, so I missed my connection to BA217 to IAD (booked in World Traveller Plus). I was rebooked on to UA925 to Washington later that day.

I'm trying to claim ORC for the Avios and 90 Tier Points I should have gotten for BA217 without much success. I submitted a web form (specifically referencing original route credit) a couple of days after I landed in Washington on 9th January. I received the following response:

Originally Posted by British Airways Executive Club
Thank you for requesting Avios and Tier Points for your flights with us on 7, 12 and 13 January 2024.I have checked your account and your flights are already credited, which you can see if you log in to your account at ba.com.

If your membership number is correctly entered into your booking, and the name matches your account, your flights are usually credited to your account after you've taken each flight.

We also recommend you keep a copy of your e-ticket itinerary and boarding passes until the flights have credited to your account.

If, up to six months after you have completed your flights, you find you are missing any Avios, you can either log in to your account on ba.com and click on ‘Claim missing Avios’ or you can send a copy of your e-ticket and boarding passes to your nearest Service Centre.Thank you for choosing British Airways and I do hope you fly with us again soon.
I followed up clarifying that while 3 out of the 4 BA flights on this booking did post correctly, I am asking about the BA217 to IAD which I did not fly on, because BA had to rebook me on to a United flight instead. Both BA217 and UA925 are still visible on the PNR. I'd appreciate advice on the most efficient way to clear this up. It's hard to calculate just how many Avios are due for this leg, though it should be a decent amount as it was booked in the W fare bucket, but of more concern are the 90 TPs which, together with another planned trip in May, will renew Gold for another year.
remaxmac likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
That’s a generic response, frustrating but not uncommon. In these situations I’ve only managed to solve it by calling.
GM1985 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by GM1985
I travelled on BA1478 on 7th January. The flight was late departing GLA, so I missed my connection to BA217 to IAD (booked in World Traveller Plus). I was rebooked on to UA925 to Washington later that day.

I'm trying to claim ORC for the Avios and 90 Tier Points I should have gotten for BA217 without much success. I submitted a web form (specifically referencing original route credit) a couple of days after I landed in Washington on 9th January. I received the following response:

I followed up clarifying that while 3 out of the 4 BA flights on this booking did post correctly, I am asking about the BA217 to IAD which I did not fly on, because BA had to rebook me on to a United flight instead. Both BA217 and UA925 are still visible on the PNR. I'd appreciate advice on the most efficient way to clear this up. It's hard to calculate just how many Avios are due for this leg, though it should be a decent amount as it was booked in the W fare bucket, but of more concern are the 90 TPs which, together with another planned trip in May, will renew Gold for another year.
Keep the faith, and keep calling. I had a similar issue with a re-route from BA to Air Canada for a flight to Montreal last September. 7 attempts and four months later, plus a letter directly to the Chief Customer Officer at Waterside, and it finally credited this week... Mu BA flight disappeared from my PNR, which didn't seem to help... I had all sorts of inconsistent replies, and submitted supporting docs on at least three separate occasions, by web form, email and post....

I still struggle to understand why it's so painful to resolve...
LCSinTexas and GM1985 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thank you both. I’ll persist and call up tomorrow.
gcuk likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:01 am

I have an imminent BA booking. BUD-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO-ORD-JFK-LHR-HEL-AGP. These flights will just get me to Gold, one day before my year end.

The first two flights BUD-HEL-LHR are on Finnair, yielding 120 TP’s. Finnair have notified me that there will be industrial action on 1st and 2nd February in Finland which MAY result in the cancellation of one or both of these two Finnair flights. (Not yet confirmed)

I haven’t checked yet but if I can persuade BA to fly me BUD-LHR direct on BA (40 TP’s) will I be eligible for ORC if I request the change?

Questions are:
  1. Are BA likely to consider such a re-routeing?
  2. Will I be eligible for ORC?
  3. Should I wait until cancellation is confirmed before contacting BA?
Any help or advice much appreciated.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
ORC is valid only for cancellations, delays and/or missed connection on the day of travel. So, no, you can't ask for it due to changes before the trip, whatever the reason.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 4:43 am

Original Routing Credit - Any experiences of receiving these?

My outbound flight 10 days ago was cancelled, and I was put on an alternative flight with VS. I've called BAEC and emailed them, received positive responses that it is being handled, but nothing ever credits to my BAEC account.

Is this a normal encounter, or has anyone else had similar issues/experiences, and if so, what did you to to get the ORC credited to your account?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
I was supposed to be on BA296 ORD-LHR on Feb 28th then connecting on to DUB but it got cancelled about 6 hours before departure as the outbound to ORD turned back to LHR due to engine trouble. It was an AA ticket and booked under AA flight numbers, but both legs BA operated. AA rebooked me on to an EI flight ORD-DUB and downgraded from premium economy to economy. That all seems fine and should qualify for ORC if my interpretation is correct. But if/when they credit those two flights, will they count towards my 4 BA flights to renew Silver? I was depending on them as I already have two others. If I just get Avios and Tier Points I’ll have enough TPs but I’ll be two BA flights short.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:12 am

Bamissingavios

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows if bamissingavios is still active. I sent them an ORC request about a week ago and haven't heard anything back from them. Was wondering if I should give them more time or restart another request through the official BA customer service web page. Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Klink Travels
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows if bamissingavios is still active. I sent them an ORC request about a week ago and haven't heard anything back from them. Was wondering if I should give them more time or restart another request through the official BA customer service web page. Thanks.
I find it easier to just email: [email protected]

I send something along the lines of this:

On my recent itinerary my flights from xxx to xxx were impacted due to xxx.

My original routing was xxx - xxx on flight xxxx in xxx Class. I was instead routed on xxx - xxx on flight xxxx in xxx Class.

I would like to request Original Routing Credit, as the originally flown itinerary would credit more tier points and avios than originally received.

My ticket number for this itinerary is xxx and the record locator is xxxxxx.

Expected credit:
xxx - xxx: xxx avios, xxx tier points
vulle, Klink Travels and jaro like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:06 am
Suspended

I’ve never found any of the email addresses get any response .
Klink Travels likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:00 am

Optional reroute

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
I really don't mean to be annoying but in the past I've never had issues requesting an ORC where the booking's changed before day of travel. Also, BA's reply doesn't say that I can't get ORC, they simply say American has to adjust their flight credit and that they won't be in touch.

With my previous experience, I'm not referring to a single instance. I often book flights with a layover at JFK, usually connecting on the premium transcons to SFO/LAX. On at least five occasions AA has rescheduled flights in ways that made it irrelevant or impossible. In all cases, I've always been awarded the additional TP for JFK-LAX/SFO despite usually connecting in MIA or going nonstop. So while official rules might say it's only for day of travel, it's been a different experience in the past.
My BUD/LHR/JFK/LAX/PDX return in May is proving difficult due to reduction of schedules LAX/PDX. I am currently able to rebook my entire route and while outbound is OK, return will be via Altanta. From your post, it seems that I could choose direct PDX/LHR and still claim ORC? I need them as they will also apply to my next (new dated) exec club year. Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Like said above. Ba contacts the original airline.. and I guess it's up them.?
I always had good experiences with flights being cancelled weeks before.
Just RJ lately
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:12 am

Does anyone know how long ORC cases have been taking recently?
I had a ticket to fly JER-LHR//LGW-JFK-SFO in October 2023 and the LGW-JFK flight was cancelled. I was involuntarily rebooked on JER-LHR-SFO instead, so missed out on 280 TP (140 x 2 due to BA Holiday double TPs).
I called in November 2023 and spoke to someone who said they raised a case, but never heard back about this. So I used the form on the website to submit a customer services request in January 2024. Since submitting the request, I've received 11 periodic automated emails that just say "We've not forgotten your case" or "Sorry you're still waiting".
The extra TP would have qualified me for Gold, so I'm sad that I've missed out on 6 months of benefits already. Any advice on whether I should raise a new case somehow?

Edit: the LGW-JFK flight was cancelled on the day of travel due to IRROPS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.