Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
A few weeks to my MAN-LHR-JFK-MIA-SFO trip, and I'm looking at the MAN-LHR BA1371 reliability lately. I have an 80 minute connection at LHR onto BA117. A few times the connection wouldn't have been made due to the late 1371.

On the day changes would be triggered I'm guessing if I get re-routed, which would honour my tier points - but does this also honour the double TP BA Holiday offer?
I second this concern.

Flying LHR - DFW - FLL. If AA puts me on a different DFW - FLL flight due to missed connection, do I still get my required BA flight for status?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Spanish
I second this concern.

Flying LHR - DFW - FLL. If AA puts me on a different DFW - FLL flight due to missed connection, do I still get my required BA flight for status?
You can ORC the BA coded flight.
I did that when I was rerouted from ORD-DCA-JFK onto ORD-LGA.
They removed the AA coded direct flight and credited the two BA coded ones without any issues.
Spanish likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
You can ORC the BA coded flight.
I did that when I was rerouted from ORD-DCA-JFK onto ORD-LGA.
They removed the AA coded direct flight and credited the two BA coded ones without any issues.
Thank you, Chiller!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:42 am

My BA flight in December was cancelled <24h before departure and I was rebooked to Lufthansa. Given the minimal Avios (375) and TP (5) at stake, I only followed up to claim ORC this month when work quietened down a bit.

I initially contacted the Twitter team but didn't get a reply, so followed up a week later. That led to a reply asking me to contact exec-club.socialmedia [AT] ba.com because they were very busy. I emailed them after 10pm on evening, with the flight info and relevant personal information to identify the EC account, and had a response before midday the following day crediting the Avios/TP.

Credit where it is due to BA's Exec Club team - other than how best to get in touch in the first place, this was painless and quick.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:59 pm
soy

Programs: various
I have a trip tomorrow, BA codes on AA metal. They are overbooked and looking for volunteers. Is ORC possible if I take the re-route + compo. I assume AA will rebook onto AA codes. This trip gets me my 4xBA for EC silver which is more important than the TP’s
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:23 pm
hmv

Was scheduled to fly ams-lhr-gla-lhr-ams on a tier punt run, lhr-gla got cancelled and since options are limited decided to stay over in LHR. Is the lhr-gla-lhr claimable under ORC?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
ORC help

Before COVID there was a very helpful person(s) from BA one could contact through the PM system on here BAMissingAvios who would help deal with ORC issues with speed and competence. Is this person(s) still around, does anyone know?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I believe that person still around.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DominicB
Before COVID there was a very helpful person(s) from BA one could contact through the PM system on here BAMissingAvios who would help deal with ORC issues with speed and competence. Is this person(s) still around, does anyone know?
Just send them a message.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
They are - and she’s very very effective
trolleymusic and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:55 am

Hello, I've got an upcoming GOT-HEL-JFK on Finnair booked through BA. Just been advised that I've been downgraded to Y for the last leg HEL-GOT as there's been an aircraft change to an all-economy ATR 72 (propellers!). Time-wise, this is still the preferred option that BA is presenting me with in the rebooking section. Just wondering if anyone knows if I accept the class change will I be able to claim the original Avios + TP?

Edit: the GOT-HEL leg is in Y too now. Longer flight time is going to make for a tighter connection in HEL 😅

Last edited by trolleymusic; Mar 8, 2022 at 4:13 am
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
I doubt you will be able to apply for original TPs as the change happened (and was accepted) before the flights took place.
Original credits usually only refer to changes on the day of travel but other people might know better
KARFA and trolleymusic like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Not technically IRROPS but if I miss my connection in JFK due to immigration and AA re-route me say JFK - SFO rather than JFK - LAX - SFO, would I get ORC?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you should.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
it is day 19 after travel.

I called twice about an ORC, no response
I wrote "BAMissingAvios" about it - got an answer like 30 hrs after I sent the message with the request to send the boarding passes to the designated email address.
This was 5 days ago - nothing heard of BA since that one email.
Is this usual?

also I didn't get the GUF2 voucher after earning 2500 TP... I requested it a week ago.

is there anything I should/can do beside waiting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.