Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ramzi
I was supposed to fly an AA domestic followed by a BA transatlantic to LHR, getting 40TP for the domestic and 140TP for the BA flight. The AA flight got cancelled and I was put on a direct BA flight earning 140TP. The 40TP from the cancelled AA flight was never credited, although I had booked this routing specifically to get the TPs. Any chance of them actually crediting the 40TP? I have all the documentation they might ask for, but my TP collection year has since renewed, so technically if they had posted the 40TP I would have lost them by now. Worth a shot?
yes that would seem a fairly straightforward ORC situation. Just claim as suggested at the start of the thread. What will happen is the direct flight you did end up taking will be reversed off your account and a manual credit of the originally booked itinerary will be done.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I'm feeling slightly confused. I was booked to fly ORD-DCA-BNA on American earlier this week, with both sectors in Business (as AA now calls the front of its domestic planes). My BA number was in the booking, as I credit everything to BA (and indeed, mainly get my GGL status through a lot of AA domestic flights in business/first), but the ticket was an AA ticket, purchased from AA.

The first flight was cancelled, and I ended up being rerouted on a non-stop ORD-BNA flight, and downgraded to economy, so what has credited to my BA account is merely 20 tier points, and Avios for the one flight. On the basis of what I think I have understood from this thread, I called the Guest List line and asked them to talk with AA and get me ORC, so I got the 80 tier points I was expecting. To my surprise, the woman to whom I spoke was very negative and said that as the flights were not BA flights, I'd have to live with what was credited. I pressed her, and she spoke to her supervisor, and came back to me to reiterate this position. She said they would speak to AA "to see if they would make an exception", but I should not hold out much hope.

Surely this BA operative (and her supervisor) is simply wrong? Or have I misunderstood this thread? Surely having booked and paid for two Business Class flights, and only lost them because of IRROPS on the day, I should get my 'original' TPs and Avios?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You should have no problem getting the ORC. In my experience while the GGL team will do it you are subjected to different levels of experience from different agents. It’s faster to send a PM to BAMissingAvios.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BaGold
Originally Posted by CTwill
looking for some guidance from the gurus here. Was due to fly this morning Haneda- LHR-JFK as the return portion of a two week biz trip (all in Club world). At check in they shared they were overbooked in J and looking for volunteers to either downgrade to WTP/WT or fly a different carrier (with some GBP comp). I said I would if they could a) guarantee my tierpoints for the journey (biggest priority as that is 300!) and fly me direct to NY. The station manager said points would be fine and promptly booked me into the ANA direct flight to JFK as JL flight was overbooked as well!

not looking for a benefit analysis of ANA vs BA (I’ve never flown them, but I know it’s flat bed and it’s direct...and I can tel you I miss the JL first lounge vs the ANA business lounge) more looking for a steer on whether you think I’ll be able to get my 300 TPs or not. They were pretty desperate for volunteers - the direct JL flight to London was also overbooked and they were moving people to ANA when they could. If it helps at all it was a 075 ticket (Iberia bought by my TA don’t ask me why as I flew all BA metal)

Appreciate any steer/perspective
quick update - without raising a claim, I got an email from BA service center telling me they’d addressed my claim. I got all the miles and TPs for the two original flights I had booked (300 TPs). This was within 2 business days of my flight (I flew on the 14th June). A GREAT result!!!
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:51 am

AA flights rerouted 4 months ahead

Hi, 2 legs of flight with AA this Oct are cancelled, AA rerouted me on a direct flight with shorter miles and less tier points. They are AA tickets. Shall I leave it and claim ORC after the trip, what's the success rate? Or I shall contact AA try to break it into two legs? Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Yongie
Hi, 2 legs of flight with AA this Oct are cancelled, AA rerouted me on a direct flight with shorter miles and less tier points. They are AA tickets. Shall I leave it and claim ORC after the trip, what's the success rate? Or I shall contact AA try to break it into two legs? Thanks
ORC is in case of involuntary rerouting during the travel, not for schedule changes and cancellations well before departure. I would suggest to call AA and rebook differently.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
ORC is in case of involuntary rerouting during the travel, not for schedule changes and cancellations well before departure. I would suggest to call AA and rebook differently.
Oh, thanks for the info. I will.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Yongie
Oh, thanks for the info. I will.
Hello Yongie and welcome to FlyerTalk. I agree with Lefly and if you need those TPs and Avios you would be better reinstating a similar itinerary by calling AA. Be sure to check beforehand what you would like to do so that you can advise the AA agent. Alternatively, just enjoy your shorter and simpler fight routing.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Hello Yongie and welcome to FlyerTalk. I agree with Lefly and if you need those TPs and Avios you would be better reinstating a similar itinerary by calling AA. Be sure to check beforehand what you would like to do so that you can advise the AA agent. Alternatively, just enjoy your shorter and simpler fight routing.
Thanks! I think I have found few similar options, will give AA a call.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; EK Gold; Marriott Titanium
I did this by phone a few days ago and have to say, it was a very pleasant experience. The first person wasn't too sure how to help, so I ended up speaking to someone else - they were incredibly friendly and helpful, I just needed to explain my request and confirm the ticket number.

Interestingly, they said I would keep the TPs and Avios for all segments re-booked and flown (e.g LAX-LHR) and also get the TPs and Avios for segments booked and not travelled (e.g. LAX-JFK-LHR). I suggested politely that wasn't correct and I was told "its very important you receive the Tier Points and Avios for what you've flown and booked".

No complaints from me, but I won't cry if the re-booked flights disappears off in a few days.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by gbeb
I did this by phone a few days ago and have to say, it was a very pleasant experience. The first person wasn't too sure how to help, so I ended up speaking to someone else - they were incredibly friendly and helpful, I just needed to explain my request and confirm the ticket number.

Interestingly, they said I would keep the TPs and Avios for all segments re-booked and flown (e.g LAX-LHR) and also get the TPs and Avios for segments booked and not travelled (e.g. LAX-JFK-LHR). I suggested politely that wasn't correct and I was told "its very important you receive the Tier Points and Avios for what you've flown and booked".

No complaints from me, but I won't cry if the original/re-booked flights disappears off in a few days.
No. that’s not right. You should receive what you booked not what you booked plus what you flew. I wouldn’t argue too strenuously though
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I have a ticket on which I was supposed to fly HKG-LAX-JFK all in F, followed by JFK-CTL-DEN.
The HKG-LAX was delayed over 17h because of weather between DFW and HKG (AA does a rotation DFW-HKG-LAX). When at the airport, I pulled out EF and found one seat in F on CX direct to JFK allowing me to make the connection in JFK for the last two flights.
The last two flights have posted but the the HKG-JFK has not. I did take a picture of the receipt for the change to HKG-JFK (AA coded, CX operated) and of the boarding pass. Of course, I also have the receipt and ticket number for the original flights.
What is the best way to proceed now?
Originally Posted by golfmad
You should have no problem getting the ORC. In my experience while the GGL team will do it you are subjected to different levels of experience from different agents. It’s faster to send a PM to BAMissingAvios.
Should I PM BAMissingAvios ? You are GGL and you seem to say this is faster, golfmad. Do you recommend I do the same? What info do I put in the PM?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Just wondering what my options are here, on the return led of a Scandinavia to East US sale J fare.

BA ticketed, AA operated except the ARN leg.

MIA DFW ORD LHR ARN

Couldn’t check in online so go to the priority desks when I get to MIA, only about 1/3 of the desks are manned and the queue takes the best part of an hour to get seen. Priority security isn’t much better and that takes about half an hour to get through.

I race ace to the gate, not even recombobilating my effects into pockets and belt on. Get to gate and there are people still boarding but I am told I was too late and I need to go to the rebooking desk. They put me on standby for the next flight to DFW and that would still make the connection. I am number one on the standby list when I check.

Get to the gate early, I am now number three on the standby list and 1&2 on the list have got on the flight. I go back to the rebooking desk, they refuse to put me on a direct flight to ORD without a reprice as they are blaming me. I am then put on standby for the next flight, which I make in original class.

On arrival at DFW I’ve obviously missed my connections for the rest of the ticket but notice there is a direct LHR. After much back and forth between me, the BA holidays duty office and the Admiral’s club hosts I get on the flight but in Y. This allows me to catch my ARN flight.

What are are my chances of getting the missing legs credited and the Y segment back up to J?

Funnily and frustratingly in equal measure, my bags made my booked itinerary!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Quick shoutout to the @BAMissingAvios team! After reading this thread, I pm'ed the team, and without going into much details, the ORC was granted for my original flights, and correct tier and Avios points posted the very next day! And I have moved from Bronze --> Gold! Going to change my profile now.
golfmad likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
Just wondering what my options are here, on the return led of a Scandinavia to East US sale J fare.

BA ticketed, AA operated except the ARN leg.

MIA DFW ORD LHR ARN

Couldn’t check in online so go to the priority desks when I get to MIA, only about 1/3 of the desks are manned and the queue takes the best part of an hour to get seen. Priority security isn’t much better and that takes about half an hour to get through.

I race ace to the gate, not even recombobilating my effects into pockets and belt on. Get to gate and there are people still boarding but I am told I was too late and I need to go to the rebooking desk. They put me on standby for the next flight to DFW and that would still make the connection. I am number one on the standby list when I check.

Get to the gate early, I am now number three on the standby list and 1&2 on the list have got on the flight. I go back to the rebooking desk, they refuse to put me on a direct flight to ORD without a reprice as they are blaming me. I am then put on standby for the next flight, which I make in original class.

On arrival at DFW I’ve obviously missed my connections for the rest of the ticket but notice there is a direct LHR. After much back and forth between me, the BA holidays duty office and the Admiral’s club hosts I get on the flight but in Y. This allows me to catch my ARN flight.

What are are my chances of getting the missing legs credited and the Y segment back up to J?

Funnily and frustratingly in equal measure, my bags made my booked itinerary!
Just to say I got my ORC after submitting BPs through the BA website, so 800TP for the trip. Just a shame about the ten across economy to Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.