Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Tier points and Avios credited! Was originally told "no dice" on the phone but argued the case (very very half-heartedly) and they said they'd refer it to the back office who emailed today with the good news.
​​
Well done, thanks for the update.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Quick question if I may.

Original routing LGW-MCO-ORD booked on AA, first flight would have been operated by BA.

Phoned AA the day before flight as LGW-MCO was showing potential delay, that could have led to missing the last flight of the day and they offered me LHR-ORD on AA, which I accepted.

In requesting re-routing credit do I use the AA6206 flight number or BA2037 (same flight obv.) or doesn't it matter.

Also, the PNR seems to have changed. How do I now find the ticket number?

I'm assuming that the fact that the flight I should have been on actually departed on time is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
The rerouting was only made available once the ticket was under airport control, less than T-24, I was hoping this would mean it would be considered IRROPS and qualify.
Just under 3 weeks since submitting the request via the webpage and received an email and checking my account shows I have received ORC (Tier points and Avios).

Thanks for all your help.
golfmad likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm about to request ORC for some IRROPs back in January on AA. Just been too busy travelling to deal with this until now, unfortunately.

I think that getting the credit is fairly clear-cut, but here is the rub: I'm currently 20 TP short of Silver status. I also only qualified for Bronze a few weeks after these flights; before that I was statusless.

The missing flights will add 80 TP (2 flights, 40 TP each) to my balance for the year. How does it work with regards to tier bonuses on Avios with ORC? Will I get the Bronze tier bonus on these flights because my current status is Bronze? Will BA retroactively adjust my status back to when I would have earned it and adjust my Avios earnings thereafter accordingly? Or will it be a battle to get any tier bonus Avios at all because it's ORC?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 7, 2018 at 2:08 pm Reason: Corrected typo
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Thumbs up

Hello --
Not sure if this should go here or in an AA thread (?) - BA paper/metal crediting to AA
GVA-LHR-IAD in PE. I was checking in at GVA and the desk agent tells me that there is a problem b/c the flight was over sold. I am told that I am re-routed on UA direct to IAD. Whoa Nelly.... First, off, I argue that UA doesn't have PE. Second I ask why a OW Emerald was chosen to be bumped. Third, I ask about ORC for my AA account and am told "I don't know." The agents weren't BA employees so of course they didn't know anything about ORC. I ended up not getting bumped (made a stink) but here I am asking on FT since I have no idea what would have happened to my miles and I may be flying this route frequently in the future --- hopefully someone has knowledge of this type of situation and I can get a better answer . If I am looking to credit to AA on a BA flight (paper/metal) and something happens with the BA flight e.g., IRROP/bump , where I end up on a non-OW carrier, do I go to BA or to AA for the miles? If BA, does BA typically award ORC in these instances? I am assuming it would be an even bigger challenge with AA/BA mixed paper/metal re I was looking at DCA-PHL-LHR-GVA with all legs AA paper but of course LHR-GVA on BA.

Cheers
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Hello --
Not sure if this should go here or in an AA thread (?) - BA paper/metal crediting to AA
GVA-LHR-IAD in PE. I was checking in at GVA and the desk agent tells me that there is a problem b/c the flight was over sold. I am told that I am re-routed on UA direct to IAD. Whoa Nelly.... First, off, I argue that UA doesn't have PE. Second I ask why a OW Emerald was chosen to be bumped. Third, I ask about ORC for my AA account and am told "I don't know." The agents weren't BA employees so of course they didn't know anything about ORC. I ended up not getting bumped (made a stink) but here I am asking on FT since I have no idea what would have happened to my miles and I may be flying this route frequently in the future --- hopefully someone has knowledge of this type of situation and I can get a better answer . If I am looking to credit to AA on a BA flight (paper/metal) and something happens with the BA flight e.g., IRROP/bump , where I end up on a non-OW carrier, do I go to BA or to AA for the miles? If BA, does BA typically award ORC in these instances? I am assuming it would be an even bigger challenge with AA/BA mixed paper/metal re I was looking at DCA-PHL-LHR-GVA with all legs AA paper but of course LHR-GVA on BA.

Cheers
In that scenario, you would make the request via AA. The request in general needs to be made via the program you credit to, regardless of operating or ticketing carrier.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Thank you ^

Originally Posted by dylanks

In that scenario, you would make the request via AA. The request in general needs to be made via the program you credit to, regardless of operating or ticketing carrier.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Successful ORC claim with AA (via BA) for my cancelled flight last month, took about 3 weeks but completely hassle free. Thanks for the guidance in the thread.

Last edited by bisonrav; Apr 20, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Member

I’ve also got ORC on an AA flight to BA exec account. Flight cancelled in feb, lax to Manchester via PHL, and routed LAX via LHR. Obviously I missed out on the extra 140TP. Submitted a claim. It took about a month for the flights to be credited to my account.
They were aa flight numbers
dylanks and wanderingjock like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Looking for some credit for flights last week that were subject to re-routing. The original route was a 125 ticketed AY flight which gets 5 TP.

Re-routing was on 105 stock which I think is Air Baltic, two of the three flights on Air Baltic so not looking for credit for those, but one on Norra/AY Y class. During the re-routing MMB was showing the re-route generating 20 TP which I'd like if I can get it. Looking for advice before calling the gold line.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Finally got all the correct TPs & avios from my little "wrong way" trip to SFO from HEL!

Only took six weeks and a few 'phone calls......
Old May 12, 2018, 11:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Looking for some credit for flights last week that were subject to re-routing. The original route was a 125 ticketed AY flight which gets 5 TP.

Re-routing was on 105 stock which I think is Air Baltic, two of the three flights on Air Baltic so not looking for credit for those, but one on Norra/AY Y class. During the re-routing MMB was showing the re-route generating 20 TP which I'd like if I can get it. Looking for advice before calling the gold line.
seems your options are wait for normal crediting of the re-routed flight (or do a claim if it doesn't credit), or if you prefer to get credited based on the original flight just put an orc in for that.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
A question for the combined wisdom of this forum. Yesterday I was booked to travel DUS / MAD / BIO / MAD / DUS (TP run) all on one ticket. BIO was a b2b / immediate turnaround. The DUS - MAD sector was significantly delayed due to weather. This meant I missed my connection to BIO, and therefore the return from BIO. I therefore asked to be rebooked back to DUS (the flight that I would have been on anyway). The customer service agent said that she would make a note in the booking that I was rebooked due to IRROPS causing a trip in vein.

I was wondering if I would be able to claim ORC for this journey, and / or a refund (in full or in part) for the sectors I wasn't able to take due to a trip in vein?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by ptr120
A question for the combined wisdom of this forum. Yesterday I was booked to travel DUS / MAD / BIO / MAD / DUS (TP run) all on one ticket. BIO was a b2b / immediate turnaround. The DUS - MAD sector was significantly delayed due to weather. This meant I missed my connection to BIO, and therefore the return from BIO. I therefore asked to be rebooked back to DUS (the flight that I would have been on anyway). The customer service agent said that she would make a note in the booking that I was rebooked due to IRROPS causing a trip in vein.

I was wondering if I would be able to claim ORC for this journey, and / or a refund (in full or in part) for the sectors I wasn't able to take due to a trip in vein?
I believe you could do either but not both. Assuming you need the tier points, I’d probably request ORC first, and once that has processed, seek a partial refund though the fare difference may be zero.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Can someone who has access to expert flyer lookup the details on a flight last week so I can submit a ORC - AA6032 7th June PDX-LAX leg. Thanks in advance, and PM me the details if possible.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Can someone who has access to expert flyer lookup the details on a flight last week so I can submit a ORC - AA6032 7th June PDX-LAX leg. Thanks in advance, and PM me the details if possible.
I have just submitted an ORC for the same flight, AA6032 !

I just said "delayed inbound AA flight, more than 2 hours late. The lady at the gate was very helpful sorting me on another route on Delta and the BA to get me back to LHR, albeit a day later than I had planned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.