Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Advice from those who have done this before please....

Was doing the LHR-HNL segments of a CAI-HNL ticket last weekend, with the final leg back to Cairo this Saturday. Arrived at LAX fine and had the afternoon before continuing to HNL. Take off slightly delayed and then about 30 minutes in we were returning to LAX due to an air bleed issue. Though a replacement aircraft was sourced and we were meant to depart about 90 minutes late in fact the aircraft left 3 1/2 hours late.

This delay meant I would miss my return connection HNL-PHX-JFK-LHR. AA offloaded me at LAX and rerouted me back the next day on LAX-JFK-LHR, so all different flights. They forgot to 'protect' my remaining LHR-CAI segment.... which thankfully was solved with a call to GGL line yesterday.

Questions are:

1) I presume I can claim ORC on the above? Though I did not get to my intended destination the large delay broke my original itinerary.

2) Should I put in the claim now (all other segments actually flown bar the LHR-CAI still to fly have been credited) or should I wait until after LHR-CAI?

My tier point year ends on 8th November and really need these crediting as intended to renew, otherwise I will have to be making an unnecessary trip somewhere else....

Thanks,

David.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Can one double dip with ORC

I had an AA segment of a recent trip cancelled and was rebooked on AC. I got credit for that flight on my UA mileage plus account. Am I permitted to also claim ORC from BA?

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExRSA
I had an AA segment of a recent trip cancelled and was rebooked on AC. I got credit for that flight on my UA mileage plus account. Am I permitted to also claim ORC from BA?

Thanks.
Yes you can.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Can I get ORC if I was downgraded to Y due to a standby?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by RafKa
Can I get ORC if I was downgraded to Y due to a standby?
On BA or another airline? Was the standby your choice or the airline's choice due to canceled flights?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dylanks
On BA or another airline? Was the standby your choice or the airline's choice due to canceled flights?
American. Standby my choice... I guess I know the answer, but just making sure!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
what happens if a flight has been diverted? This is what is happening today:

- boarded flight in J LAX-JFK (AA ticket, bought at AA, crediting to BAEC) connecting in JFK to a flight to Zurich. This would mean 140+140 TP
- because of weather LAX-JFK diverted to ORD. There I got rebooked on ORD-LHR. (I make my way home from LHR on a separate ticket)

My questions:

- Will the LAX-JFK flight which was diverted to ORD be registered as 140 TP or 40 TP? (LAX-ORD is 40 TP)
- If registered as 40 TP, will I be able to get ORC, considering this was a pure AA ticket and itin?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RafKa
American. Standby my choice... I guess I know the answer, but just making sure!
It might still be worth a try.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janwillem
what happens if a flight has been diverted? This is what is happening today:

- boarded flight in J LAX-JFK (AA ticket, bought at AA, crediting to BAEC) connecting in JFK to a flight to Zurich. This would mean 140+140 TP
- because of weather LAX-JFK diverted to ORD. There I got rebooked on ORD-LHR. (I make my way home from LHR on a separate ticket)

My questions:

- Will the LAX-JFK flight which was diverted to ORD be registered as 140 TP or 40 TP? (LAX-ORD is 40 TP)
- If registered as 40 TP, will I be able to get ORC, considering this was a pure AA ticket and itin?
it will credit as flown, but should be a pretty straightforward ORC claim.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by janwillem

There is a report here that BA is saying they will only ORC if it's a BA ticket:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29249715

For all as a point of reference:

I am just off the phone with BAEC.
BA would only honor points for the original booking if booked with BA.
In our case, the tickets have been booked on AA stock.
Therefore BA would NOT honor the original booking and would only credit points as per NEW routing.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
There is a report here that BA is saying they will only ORC if it's a BA ticket:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29249715
That looks like an advance schedule change...you generally will not get ORC for that. ORC applies to IRROPS.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

Will it? It might do. I don't think I've ever had a diversion that would have generated fewer TPs but I wouldn't be surprised if it credited as the full 140 . @janwillem it would be useful if you would report back with the details of what actually happens, thanks.

I agree though, it should be a fairly straightforward ORC claim via BAEC.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:34 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skippythelizard
That looks like an advance schedule change...you generally will not get ORC for that. ORC applies to IRROPS.
Based on what was told by that poster, if it was an advanced schedule change on BA ticket you’d still get ORC?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc

Based on what was told by that poster, if it was an advanced schedule change on BA ticket you’d still get ORC?
Regardless of operating and ticketing airline, ORC is not for advanced notice schedule changes, it’s only for IRROPS changes.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA

Regardless of operating and ticketing airline, ORC is not for advanced notice schedule changes, it’s only for IRROPS changes.
So the phone agent was telling fibs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.