Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AlphaXray
Hi, I have a booking SOF-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX rtn and the HEL-JFK flight has been cancelled by BA, and as far as I can see it is due to the flight HEL-JFK time change. If I rebooked SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX, would I be able to claim the 80 TP and the avios for the LHR-HEL sector under the ORC scheme?
Thanks for your help.
I assume the travel dates are some months away? ORC usually is only for the kind of on-the-day changes resulting from disruptions really rather than for involuntary changes some time out - otherwise we could all just book the most complicated routings between SOF and LAX, wait for the inevitable AA flight cancellation, change to a nice easy SOF-LHR-LAX and claim all the points for the original routing.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
I assume the travel dates are some months away? ORC usually is only for the kind of on-the-day changes resulting from disruptions really rather than for involuntary changes some time out - otherwise we could all just book the most complicated routings between SOF and LAX, wait for the inevitable AA flight cancellation, change to a nice easy SOF-LHR-LAX and claim all the points for the original routing.
Thanks KARFA. Back to the drawing board!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Excellent! Just checked my SOF Special and indeed JFK-HEL is cancelled. So one to hold fire with keep an eye on restrictions and a potential to have some fun with routing
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlphaXray
Hi, I have a booking SOF-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX rtn and the HEL-JFK flight has been cancelled by BA, and as far as I can see it is due to the flight HEL-JFK time change. If I rebooked SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX, would I be able to claim the 80 TP and the avios for the LHR-HEL sector under the ORC scheme?
Thanks for your help.
also BA doesnt allow backtracking (SOF-LHR-HEL//HEL-LHR-JFK) but BA told me that they might honor the 160 TP for Helsinki in a case i will miss a tier point threshold.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Nephoi
also BA doesnt allow backtracking (SOF-LHR-HEL//HEL-LHR-JFK) but BA told me that they might honor the 160 TP for Helsinki in a case i will miss a tier point threshold.
Thank you Nephoi.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Huge thank you to dylanks for creating this thread.
The last couple legs I was booked on were ORD-DCA-JFK all BA coded and AA operated.
Due to Ida I ended up being rebooked onto ORD-LGA with an AA flight number.
After using the online contact form I received the credit for the original routing within just 5 days (with a weekend falling into them).
All I'll need now to make it to silver/gold are tier point

The only thing that threw me off was the fact that you don't receive a confirmation email when contacting BA.
You just have to trust that it went through and wait to hear back :P
dylanks likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The only thing that threw me off was the fact that you don't receive a confirmation email when contacting BA.
You just have to trust that it went through and wait to hear back :P
That's right. If it's something important then it's best to keep a screenshot of what you're sending just before you hit the submit button. As it's a web form and not an email you'll have no copy of what you sent if you ever have to chase it up. BA allocates a case number and it really should issue that back in an email automatically through their ticketing system with a copy of what's been sent. It's not rocket science but probably well down the list of things to be upgraded.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:05 am

Just want to check I can claim ORC (referred from another thread); I've only ever used ORC with on-the-day irops, not longer-lead schedule changes.
I've had a Finnair flight LHR-HEL-ICN cancelled in late November.. I cannot make the Finnair flight operating the previous day due to other commitments, and other OW options on my original departure day get me in too late (I need to observe a day quarantine pending arrival test results and need to be released in time to present at a conference.
My only option will be to get my agent to book me onto a non OW flight.
Will I have any problems claiming ORC from BA? I presume it will be a copy of my original itinerary, cancellation email and boarding passes of sectors flown?

This is totally involuntary, even if it s a month out; between commitments in London and Korean COVID requirements, I just cannot adjust my schedule to match Finnair or other OW skeleton schedules.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Just want to check I can claim ORC (referred from another thread); I've only ever used ORC with on-the-day irops, not longer-lead schedule changes.
I've had a Finnair flight LHR-HEL-ICN cancelled in late November.. I cannot make the Finnair flight operating the previous day due to other commitments, and other OW options on my original departure day get me in too late (I need to observe a day quarantine pending arrival test results and need to be released in time to present at a conference.
My only option will be to get my agent to book me onto a non OW flight.
Will I have any problems claiming ORC from BA? I presume it will be a copy of my original itinerary, cancellation email and boarding passes of sectors flown?

This is totally involuntary, even if it s a month out; between commitments in London and Korean COVID requirements, I just cannot adjust my schedule to match Finnair or other OW skeleton schedules.
I would be very surprised if you were awarded ORC for these changes, as mentioned upthread ORC is for same day type of disruptions, not for something you have a months advance notice on. You have been offered an alternative by OW, but sadly it doesn't fit your schedule so you have to look elsewhere - such is life. If the 'schedule change doesn't fit me but I want the TP's' angle did work, I think half of us on this forum would have a field day on all the LHR-SOF-LHR cancelations we have had to endure during the past 18 months! Where BA will generally entertain your claim is if you were a number of TP's away from a membership threshold or a GUF2 award and this trip would have pushed through the barrier, that will be taken into consideration given what I have seen BA do over the last 18 months, but otherwise unless you can make a OW schedule work, if you fly with a non-OW carrier, you won't get any TP's in lieu I'm afraid.

Pilot37
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Any ideas what is most efficient way to contact BA currently?. Feel bad about calling right now to claim 20 TPs due to an involuntary downgrade on AA yesterday due to IRROPS.

Thanks in adv
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by TTmex
Any ideas what is most efficient way to contact BA currently?. Feel bad about calling right now to claim 20 TPs due to an involuntary downgrade on AA yesterday due to IRROPS.

Thanks in adv
Send a PM to BAMissingAvios. They have assisted me in the past with similar situations.
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Send a PM to BAMissingAvios. They have assisted me in the past with similar situations.
Thanks. Have flipped them a message
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A few weeks to my MAN-LHR-JFK-MIA-SFO trip, and I'm looking at the MAN-LHR BA1371 reliability lately. I have an 80 minute connection at LHR onto BA117. A few times the connection wouldn't have been made due to the late 1371.

On the day changes would be triggered I'm guessing if I get re-routed, which would honour my tier points - but does this also honour the double TP BA Holiday offer?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Not had any luck getting hold of BAMissingAvios They must be buried under stuff right now, which is understandable. Asides from waiting it out, any suggestions for alternatives?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
Not had any luck getting hold of BAMissingAvios They must be buried under stuff right now, which is understandable. Asides from waiting it out, any suggestions for alternatives?
All sorted now and just got a reply.
golfmad and LCSinTexas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.