Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dddc
One can only hope. Any form of upgrading the meal would be great.
Who knows you may even get a Full Sized 4 Finger Kit Kat and a whole sandwich rather than half of each !!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GFL
Flew to Cancum last week WT food was much improved, no more of the horrible BBQ chicken!

second meal was a hot one with a choice of 2 dishes. Cabin crew thought that was more than the route had got pre covid.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
At about 15.30" this lad receives his stone cold and hard ham roll, which he's most disappointed with. Why can't they have a hot breakfast after a long flight from the Caribbean?

Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA228 BWI-LHR 11-Sep-2022 WT:

Well, I sure there lots of different descriptions possible: the starter was in a very much over-sized container which was odd. The main was 'chicken with mash' - more like chicken with mush - it tasted okay, but was at best, mediocre. The key lime pie was okay - but basically shaving foam, rather than a more firm 'pie' texture.
Sealink and AnaTravel like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:18 am
Ziz

Flew LHR-ORD in mid August and the second WT “meal” was a hot wrap. Unfortunately they hadn’t loaded enough everyone so those of us at the back got various components of the CW afternoon tea. Some got cake and some got two finger sandwiches. My son and I got a single plate of 2 sandwiches between us. Of course I gave them both to him and had nothing. I’ve written to complain but no reply so far.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ziz
Flew LHR-ORD in mid August and the second WT “meal” was a hot wrap. Unfortunately they hadn’t loaded enough everyone so those of us at the back got various components of the CW afternoon tea. Some got cake and some got two finger sandwiches. My son and I got a single plate of 2 sandwiches between us. Of course I gave them both to him and had nothing. I’ve written to complain but no reply so far.
I really struggling to understand how they will run out of the only option they have to give you. I understand if they have 2 types of wraps and they run out of one option but I never been on an airline that they run out of the “single option” they had. Looks like sometimes they run out of desserts in First. Ridiculous
Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CKBA
BA228 BWI-LHR 11-Sep-2022 WT:

Well, I sure there lots of different descriptions possible: the starter was in a very much over-sized container which was odd. The main was 'chicken with mash' - more like chicken with mush - it tasted okay, but was at best, mediocre. The key lime pie was okay - but basically shaving foam, rather than a more firm 'pie' texture.
This main looks disgusting.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by ermis177
I really struggling to understand how they will run out of the only option they have to give you. I understand if they have 2 types of wraps and they run out of one option but I never been on an airline that they run out of the “single option” they had. Looks like sometimes they run out of desserts in First. Ridiculous
cost cutting, what else….the message from management has always been to load the bare minimum to save ££. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone made an assumption 20% of pax on an average flight on X route would skip the second meal…so let’s only load 80% of the only option and fingers crossed…whatever penny they can pinch out of that can be used to service the failing IT infra…or management bonuses
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:35 pm
Ziz

Originally Posted by ermis177
Honestly I was pretty annoyed about it. Was quite hungry and the wrap looked pretty good. Was only that far in the back because I wanted the twin seats for me and my 3 year old so as not to bother others.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:17 pm

WT 'dinner' BA293 LHR-IAD 16-Sep. Chicken Chasseur. Actually quite good - and filling with the bread roll. Dessert was a little bland though.
Sealink, KARFA and ENTP like this.

Last edited by CKBA; Sep 17, 2022 at 2:21 am
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ziz
Honestly I was pretty annoyed about it. Was quite hungry and the wrap looked pretty good. Was only that far in the back because I wanted the twin seats for me and my 3 year old so as not to bother others.

I often fly with my toddler, I would have been really annoyed if I were in your shoes, even if I had packed extra snacks.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: BA
How’s the drinks service on long-haul economy to LAS at the moment? Specifically, precovid we’ve been repeatedly annoyed when the drinks service ‘ran dry’ halfway across from Heathrow to Las Vegas.

Is it still the same, worse or better?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Can anyone give an example of a recent WT Kosher meal ex LHR?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:35 am

BWI-LHR WT 17-SEP. Same as last Sunday (see#139) chicken and mush (not surprising really). Declined, and got another (2) G&Ts.
Also declined 'breakfast' - neighbouring passenger got it, unwrapped it and immediately wrapped it up again 'I'm not eating THAT' - seemed to be a bread bun disguised as a croissant with a slice of processed cheese in it with some red bits that may have had a passing connection to a tomato.
Full English in the arrivals lounge much better!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:03 am

...forgot to add... food service was somewhat slow... . We (rear WT section 787-8) got our breakfast <20 mins before landing - surprised they were still handing it out instead of preparing the cabin for landing (maybe explains why we got put in hold for 5 mins).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.