Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
LGW seems particualrly odd. I regularly get messages when going into the lounge like "Please than customer for flying BA", "Please welcome customer to GGL" - despite having been GGL for years. Recently I got a "Welcome to Gold", which could have been the agent misreading the screen or could have easily been BA IT gremlins again.
Ha ha yes we have had similar at LGW. Odd messages being delivered at odd parts of the customer journey - including my son being welcomed to Silver at check-in (but not my daughter who was gifted silver at the same time), my wife (gifted gold) being welcomed at the lounge entrance and me completely ignored!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by mikebg
I understand that it is possible to use a "Joker" to free up economy class space as well, subject to availability in B class. This should be added to the first post in this thread which I have quoted from here.
Thanks mikebg, I think you may be the first person to ever use a joker for an economy ticket. I will try to make this and other much needed updates soon. The FT editing functionality has been fairly broken on my recent attempts (breaking all of the links). I may try changing it to a wiki in the near future.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dylanks
Thanks mikebg, I think you may be the first person to ever use a joker for an economy ticket.
Well if that's the case, it's actually my second time! When family members need to travel on a very specific date and flight and I have a spare joker to use (I earned an extra one last year) then it can be very handy indeed. Sometimes even the extra V class availability for Golds runs out ...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:09 am

Am I GGL?

I just received an email from BA promoting holidays, I usually ignore them, but decided to have a look, anyway I noticed at the bottom my details with GL beside the usual gold logo (see image).

This has only just happened, but when I check my account, it still says I'm just regular Gold.

As you can see I haven't clipped the 5k tier points.

Any ideas? FYI...I have easily clipped 5k tier points in the last 12 months, but not within my executive club year.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by always_in_the_air
I just received an email from BA promoting holidays, I usually ignore them, but decided to have a look, anyway I noticed at the bottom my details with GL beside the usual gold logo (see image).

This has only just happened, but when I check my account, it still says I'm just regular Gold.

As you can see I haven't clipped the 5k tier points.

Any ideas? FYI...I have easily clipped 5k tier points in the last 12 months, but not within my executive club year.

it appears to be a mailmerge glitch according to another thread - just looks like BA has attached the wrong template in their marketing platform. Sorry!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

See here

GGL Branding on emails (not GGL though)
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I read that some new GGL members had waited 3 weeks for their CCR cards. Mine arrived with the GGL card in 5 working days.
My CCR card arrived very quickly, but the regular card and luggage tags never arrived at all. I qualified about 3 weeks before my year end. I thought the other bits then might arrive after Feb 8th, but after a couple of weeks I just ordered them myself, which took three days.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: GGL
I still have one space release to use before April 8.

Anyone aware of extensions - given current crisis - on space releases?

Thank you!
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jplondon

Thank you!
The last time I asked GGL line said no. it was 3 days ago now, so things could have changed. I would recommend to send an email rather than call.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: GGL
OK thank you. Will email and report back.
AdBoy likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jplondon

Thank you!
I have one currently tied to a voucher (meaning I used it for a ticket, and that trip has been turned into a voucher). When I rebook the space release / priority redemption will still be available. I would assume some discretion is available now given how close it is to April 8th.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Here's a quick summary of covid-19 details as known for GGL/CCR.

The LHR CCR is closed, obviously this means the cabanas are also closed. The new current policy also is to only book a cabana 90 days in advance, and also note that no bookings are currently being accepted given the CCR closure.

The JFK CCR is also closed. Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March has a full list of BA lounge closures. Also most of the interesting OneWorld lounges (Flagship Lounges, Qantas first lounges, etc.) are currently closed

No update yet on whether or not BA will renew GGL or CCR or the GUFs at 2500/3500 tier points on either a prorated basis or on the basis of cancelled bookings, or whether they will extend jokers. GUFs and 241s are getting extensions upon request. Vouchers for canceled bookings do seem to preserve jokers/GUFs even past their original expiration date per my discussions with the GGL team (one perhaps actual benefit of accepting a voucher over a refund, though I imagine they will extend a joker for a cancellation given the current situation).
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
My flights to Dubai at Easter were cancelled by BA a few days ago. It was an Avios only booking using an AMEX 241 and a Joker. The 241 voucher has reappeared in my account, the taxes are being refunded, the Avios have been refunded and when I asked about the joker I was told they don’t know yet but it is likely there will be some flexibility... they just have their hands full at the moment.. completely understandable.

My year finished on the 8th March and the joker was from pre March.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
Could someone please send me the email address for the gold guest list service centre in a private message? I have a couple of not-very-urgent issues I'd like to get them to look at. I don't want to take up call-centre time from people who have more pressing concerns. Thank you!

(Yes, I am a GGL member ... and with my travel in January alone, I'm over halfway to re-qualifying for next year.)
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:44 pm

is there any way to use an upgrade voucher (guf1), online, after a booking has been made? totally forgot to redeem and then book my flight... ggl line seems to be down as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.