Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Branding on emails (not GGL though)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; EK Gold; Marriott Titanium
GGL Branding on emails (not GGL though)

I woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise. An automated email saying we saw you looked at booking X, want to go back and buy? It was sent from the generic British Airways Executive Club <[email protected]> address. However, at the bottom, with my Avios balance and status, I noticed BA have 'upgraded' me to GL and they had added the branding next to my account.

I looked at the past few emails that they've sent and the the latest edition of the Club email, also listed me as GL. Emails before Feb 6th all just (correctly) show me as gold. Obviously, I logged into my BA account and nothing has changed there (disappointing) although it may change soon (when I actually earn the last few TPs).

So, my question, has anyone else noticed a non-upgrade to GL in emails? Has BA just added this iconography for all Gold customers to reduce design work? Am I just guessing incorrectly that this is the GGL branding? Does BA have a plan to make me GGL for fun (I'm stretching now)?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You are not alone. It has been mentioned on the main issues thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32088873-post318.html
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Yes, had the same here.

Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Yeah, I had the same on an email I received last week welcoming me back from TLV, and trying to get me to book another trip.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Yes, had the same here.

Any chance you could buy 9 Avios? That balance is messing with my OCD.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Any chance you could buy 9 Avios? That balance is messing with my OCD.
Haha... I have the same OCD too! When my current year TP ends with an odd number, then my lifetime TPs is an even number, and vice versa.
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Tes, the missing :9 annoyed me too! I think there are something like 8k due, but that won’t achieve symmetry!
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
It’s obviously an error that bumps up one level. A few months back as a Silver I received a standard Gold branded email. Again, my excitement was quickly killed once I checked elsewhere! Odd that it’s not a consistent error though...
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:21 am

Boo - I thought I was special for a minute there!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmmmm and I’m not receiving any emails at all - I’m opted in but come to think of it I haven’t received a marketing email from BA for the last 6 months or so.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hmmmm and I’m not receiving any emails at all - I’m opted in but come to think of it I haven’t received a marketing email from BA for the last 6 months or so.
You are not the only one!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, NH SFC, JL JGC, ITA Executive, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
BA Email status glitch?

I'm an outgoing BAEC Gold member (expiring at the end of July, 2020) and, I haven't even acquired enough TP for Bronze (let alone minimum 4 sectors on BA).
Yet in the emails sent from BA the logo clearly shows GL... (in my dream!)
Anyone else experiencing this glitch?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Received the same thing this morning. I thought BA was kind enough to extend my Gold status as I had to cancel some flights due to the virus. But now I am guessing it is a glitch, mine doesn't even show TP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.