Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Ok -

Comments/observations starting from the top would be -

3. As you can see from the photo of the Colorado Lamb, the plating is not great, the red wine sauce was thin and not particularly tasty as a red wine sauce should be, the lamb shank was not great - my other half who loves lamb ended up leaving most of it. The ratatouille and potatoes were bland...
It appears you had a poor day, the lamb I had was quite nice ... the truffle mash was very tasty. The ratatouille I wasn't fond of as that was rather bland.

The star of the day for me was the coconut soup, delicious.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The ratatouille and potatoes were bland.
Well, I'm certainly with you here: ratatouille comes from my neck of the wood, and I am (truly) scandalised by what people will call "ratatouille" around the world nowadays so don't get me started. Suffice to say that this does not in the least look like ratatouille, more like some vague ratatouille vegetables cooked together for a few minutes (a good ratatouille will take at least 3 or 4 hours to make).

Thank goodness there is no "salade nicoise" there this month, that is the other permanent source of great anger on my side (for similar reason). People putting potatoes and green beans in a salade nicoise deserve pouring rain upon arrival!!! Again, don't get me started or I'll hijack the whole thread about the history, must's and no-no's of this wonderful salad!

5. The Almond financier [...] was like an almond muffin - not freshly made that day so not light in texture.
And again indeed, a financier is a lovely dessert, but if it feels like a muffin then it is undoubtedly wrong, and fresh is the only way for something so delicate.

Again, I was not trying to question your criticism of your meal, it doesn't look very nice at all, just pointing out that I am hoping it is a poor day or even month rather than a broader downwards trend.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Didn't try the pud, had the soup and appetiser instead - some of us can't stuff down the entire menu chris1979
Haha. My new year diet and gym routine is going well. Target weight achieved so I'll be back an on the Ann special soon ;-)
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Good answer! BTW, the staff did say good things about the turkey too but I was flying just before Christmas so was worried about turkey overload, but if that was your first instinct, their reaction suggests it probably is a good one too! Enjoy, whatever you choose!
I had the turkey roulade before Christmas in JFK, washed down with Pinot Noir. It was one of the best meals I can recall in any Lounge.

Last edited by Silk Cut; Jan 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
JFK Breakfast menu:

and my breakfast this morning:

with view:

Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Menu looks good. But they need to sort out Panini's apostrophe...
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Originally Posted by bafan
and remove the s.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
and remove the s.
But I think the accepted English plural of panini (panino ?) is paninis, whether rightly or wrongly (like Euro and Euros...).
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
I was hoping to bring you an exclusive update of the new menu today. However the Oslo flight arrived late and I have been re-routed onto a T3 departure. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I can however report that the menu in T3 First Lounge is exactly the same as one of the two menus in CCR. Not sure why there are two menus in CCR, but I am referring to the one that is found outside of the dining area
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And also BelgiUm to BelgiAn.

Anyway, is it a Liège or a Brussels waffle? -Given BAs propensity to use ridiculously fluffy language I am surprised they missed that one..!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:00 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
But I think the accepted English plural of panini (panino ?) is paninis, whether rightly or wrongly (like Euro and Euros...).
Are you saying we should calling more than 1 euro a euri?

Originally Posted by chris1979
JFK Breakfast menu:

Originally Posted by hugolover
While we're at it ...

1. "Omelete" should be "omelette" or "omelette" (American or British). Not some strange hybrid.
2. Parallelism in "Bagels, Danish, Muffins" --> should be Danishes? It's driving me crazy.
3. I'd argue it's supposed to be cage-free, but I think it's acceptable without.

Who copy-edits the menus?

Last edited by BA Humbug; Feb 1, 2016 at 7:07 am
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by hugolover

Anyway, is it a Liège or a Brussels waffle? -Given BAs propensity to use ridiculously fluffy language I am surprised they missed that one..!
Here it is definitely a Brussels waffle for breakfast. A Liège waffle is heavier, is mostly oval and is produced with a lot of hard sugar cristals (very sweet), so no need to add extra powder sugar. The Liège waffle is not a breakfast item, it is eaten as a snack in the afternoon or evening. When using the word 'Belgian' waffle, one refers to the Brussels waffle. A Belgium waffle is new to me.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vibguy
Here it is definitely a Brussels waffle for breakfast. A Liège waffle is heavier, is mostly oval and is produced with a lot of hard sugar cristals (very sweet), so no need to add extra powder sugar. The Liège waffle is not a breakfast item, it is eaten as a snack in the afternoon or evening. When using the word 'Belgian' waffle, one refers to the Brussels waffle. A Belgium waffle is new to me.
Yes I know that as well, but what I was wondering was a memory of when I stayed in the Conrad Chicago and it was definitely a Liège waffle on the breakfast menu and thats what came from the kitchen. So given the Americans love of sugar and high fructose corn syrup its not entirely improbably that it was the same in the CCR.

Brussels ones taste like ice-cream cones and the thing is, covered in honey and syrup...it may as well be a Liège one right?

I will certainly bare this nomenclature in mind in the future, but it may still be a lottery as to what turns up on my plate!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hello, flying First to DEL this evening. Any change in the CCR menu in February (will report anyway)?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Hello, flying First to DEL this evening. Any change in the CCR menu in February (will report anyway)?
There will be but so far no one has reported the new menus yet. I am in on Sunday and will post them but I suspect someone else will be in during the week and post them before me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.