Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by scillyisles
The menu for the JFK CCR has changed today.
Here it is

We have just ordered the two soups, the lamb and the chicken
It changed earlier in the week. The coconut curry soup is very good. The lamb substantial but needs a little seasoning.

Enjoy ^
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The menu for the JFK CCR has changed today.
Here it is
...We have just ordered the two soups, the lamb and the chicken
I'll look forward to trying the arctic char when I'm back there in a couple of weeks but I'll miss that lovely lobster bisque!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'll look forward to trying the arctic char when I'm back there in a couple of weeks but I'll miss that lovely lobster bisque!
Tha coconut soup I enjoyed more than the bisque ^

Just be warned that both lamb and chicken feature in the dinner menu on the TATLs (I didn't eat on board) but that might influence CCDR choices.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Tha coconut soup I enjoyed more than the bisque ^

Just be warned that both lamb and chicken feature in the dinner menu on the TATLs (I didn't eat on board) but that might influence CCDR choices.
I'll be on the CWLCY so probably a different dinner (and one I might skip altogether!). I'll try that coconut soup with a thought for you then!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:59 pm

I'll be on the CWLCY so probably a different dinner (and one I might skip altogether!). I'll try that coconut soup with a thought for you then!
You won't be disappointed, that's for sure ^
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:12 pm

You won't be disappointed, that's for sure ^
I'm sure! The dessert sounds nicer than last month too (and the smoked duck bitter salad sounds sort of nice too!)
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:17 pm

Thumbs down

Well both soups had to go back as they were both cold.
The main dishes - chicken and lamb were not exactly piping hot either.
Unprompted my other half said - on this experience the quality of food and cooking here at the JFK CCR has gone downhill. I agree.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:19 pm

The croquettes were pleasant enough but SWMBO wasn't too keen on the duck, I think she misread the menu and was expecting pan-seared duck breast.

Didn't try the pud, had the soup and appetiser instead - some of us can't stuff down the entire menu chris1979
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:21 pm

Unprompted my other half said - on this experience the quality of food and cooking here at the JFK CCR has gone downhill. I agree.
Our dishes were piping hot, didn't they bring you hot replacements?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:35 pm

Our dishes were piping hot, didn't they bring you hot replacements?
Yes they did bring us replacements but the replacements were not piping hot either.
Slipping standards does not just apply to the JFK CCR, the other evening we dined at Per Se and were not impressed at all. Our hotel concierge got a bit unruffled when we told him what we thought and why. His attitude was completely different this morning after he read todays New York Times where Per Se has lost two of its 4 stars on a review which basically echoes the comments we made. Luckily. The following day we had lunch at Le Bernardin which was fully deserving of its 3 Michelin Star rating

Last edited by scillyisles; Jan 13, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Had my first visit to the LHR CCR earlier this evening and found the food and wine to be great - definitely a huge step up from GF. Service was also much slicker, friendlier and personable than across at GF.

I had the scallops, the ox cheek, the chocolate dessert and cheese and couldn't fault anything. Consumed copious amounts of LPGS as well as quite a few glasses of the fantastic Aussie Riesling. The lounge also passes my espresso martini test. ^

I'm looking forwards to my next visit in just over two months time.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Good to hear how much you enjoyed it! ^
Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:09 am

Genuine question (not a veiled criticism): I presume that you would not say that quality has gone downhill just on the basis of one evening of lukewarm dishes (unpleasant, but this has always occasionally happened) so could you tell us more as to what you did not like as much as before?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:26 am

Genuine question (not a veiled criticism): I presume that you would not say that quality has gone downhill just on the basis of one evening of lukewarm dishes (unpleasant, but this has always occasionally happened) so could you tell us more as to what you did not like as much as before?
Ok - here are photos of the whole meal.
Coconut Curry Soup

French Lentil Tomato Soup

Bread selection

Colorado Lamb

Lemon Chicken

Almond Financier

Comments/observations starting from the top would be -
1. Both soups had been reheated (microwaved) to make them hot. The French lentil fared better than the coconut curry with prawns as it is more microwave friendly. e.g the prawns when microwaved went very tough.
2. The bread selection was excellent.
3. As you can see from the photo of the Colorado Lamb, the plating is not great, the red wine sauce was thin and not particularly tasty as a red wine sauce should be, the lamb shank was not great - my other half who loves lamb ended up leaving most of it. The ratatouille and potatoes were bland.
4. The Lemon chicken was equally poorly plated, the chicken was pretty tasteless, somewhat overcooked (not moist and succulent), the vegetables were hard and not particularly warm and the chicken jus - well it does not look like Chicken jus to me rather a thickish form of chicken gravy. The bread sauce underneath the vegetables did not taste particularly nice.
5. The Almond financier is the only dessert choice on the menu although they will serve ice cream if you ask. It was like an almond muffin - not freshly made that day so not light in texture. The Rasberry, brown sugar and crème fraiche tasted like normal cream.

Based on many previous visits to the JFK CCR, I would say that on this occasion many aspects of the meal leave a lot to be desired presentation, menu choice, quality of ingredients, quality of cooking etc. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident.

Last edited by scillyisles; Jan 17, 2016 at 4:43 am
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:41 am

Ok - here are photos of the whole meal.
Apart from the coconut soup and the dessert, it certainly doesn't look like a very good month! I hope it is just that rather than declining standards though (which would suggest a trend) in the sense that I thought that the last couple of months were quite good and some previous iterations not so great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.