Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Traveller Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

The thread is to share experiences, photos, reviews and questions of the temporary lounge in London Gatwick (LGW) North Terminal.

This thread has been created as a partner thread to this discussion, which is a more suitable place to discuss the broader issues relating to the move to the South terminal:
BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016

Update 14 April 2016
25 January 2017 is the official opening date of the new lounge in LGW.

"The new lounge will have more space with better facilities and the location will offer impressive views across the runway. The new lounge will also have full kitchen facilities and an exclusive area for our First customers and Gold Executive Club members."

Thanks to Happytohelp for this intel
Print Wikipost

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Visited today 6:20am and a PP holder was denied access so the move has devalued PP as well - chap was told to use Aspire or MyLounge
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LE2
I'm in the No.1 Lounge now. Saturday 11.00 am. There are very few seats. I'm seeing the same people wandering around and around looking for a place to sit.

There's a queue at the bar to order hot food. Only one bartender taking orders.

Staff appear to be working hard to serve customers and keeping the tables clean.

Interestingly, I overhead the BA Customer Service speaking with an unhappy passenger. She said that "they are going to be opening up a lounge downstairs to take pressure of the current situation".

Any announcement on this new arrangement?
I also was told this morning after asking a few questions, the BA rep told me they were opening up downstairs to ease the pressure but still not exclusive to BA members. Just more room. She agreed that main holiday periods are going to be a struggle...time will tell.

Only half the dining area was open this morning. Whether this was due to staff shortage or they wait until a certain amount of traffic into the lounge before they open it all up is unknown to me. It was certainly busy generally in departures this morning and it's only mid Jan. (Albeit a Saturday).
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Arrived here shortly after 1300, and settled in The Library for a couple of hours. There seemed to be space available everywhere.

A very pleasant first encounter, albeit with some of the caveats noted earlier.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Lgwfan
The Virgin V Room has closed this week in the South Terminal, which was the paid entry lounge for Virgin Holidays customers. The Virgin clubhouse remains open until the actual move.
Bloody hell, I was worried for a moment there!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:36 am

Am I the only person who has wondered what happened to all the BS staff from the BA lounges? I hope for their sake (if they're local) they don't now have to front up to LHR instead.

Originally Posted by headingwest
Thanks rxfleming, that alone has got to be worth the effort of attaining BA Gold status.
SCH can get into the lounge too, so no need for a gold card! ^
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I was in the No. 1 lounge yesterday (Friday), early afternoon. It was busy but not heaving. The hot food was disappointing - Asian noodle broth, very small portions and luke warm. Beer and cider was served in very small glasses, though the "curious brew" ale was pretty good. Staff at the bar were polite and friendly. My main criticism was that it felt incredibly hot and stuffy, so after 30 mins or so we moved to the My Lounge next door for 20 mins before heading to the gate. Whilst the temperature was more pleasant, it is much smaller and the food/drink offerings do feel low rent - think Coors lite and Yellow Tail wine - but it is self serve. Overall both lounges are serviceable, but neither feel like a premium experience. Fortunately the cabin crew on our flight which followed were excellent.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by bafan
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1979

Is there a BA agent with access to full BA systems in the lounge?

I'm there later this week and fear I might need help with a complex itin and need someone with system access.

Can't you get it sorted before going to the lounge ? It sounds busier enough without the staff having to deal with unnecessary extra complex issues.
I would if I could but I fear it's either going to be a check in agent or a lounge agent and I don't think check in will be thrilled to be helping me.

I'll try the GGL line before if the problem looks to be materialising but good to know that BA staff with system access will be there.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by UKTony
Visited today 6:20am and a PP holder was denied access so the move has devalued PP as well - chap was told to use Aspire or MyLounge
I think I witnessed this as well at 6.20am, the chap mentioned above sounded American if I'm correct?! He was told its subject to availability. It sounded like the hostess didn't deal with it very well in my opinion and just reiterated that's it's subject to availability. But interesting to see they are turning people away from the No.1. Not ideal for anyone.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I think I witnessed this as well at 6.20am, the chap mentioned above sounded American if I'm correct?! He was told its subject to availability. It sounded like the hostess didn't deal with it very well in my opinion and just reiterated that's it's subject to availability. But interesting to see they are turning people away from the No.1. Not ideal for anyone.
Well not really. As long as you have a lounge. They are all pretty similar
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No 1 has ALWAYS had capacity issues for Priority Pass. It is so bad that there is a page on their website where you can pay £5 to reserve a Priority Pass access spot!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ukgooner
Nonsense! They are not all pretty similar. Any more than my current residence is similar to the council flat I lived in as a student in 1990s east London.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by FJB2016
Hi all. First post on here.
Just wondering if I can gain access to N01 Lounge travelling Business on Iberia Express booked via BA ?
Thanks for your time
I've been directed to the No1 Clubrooms for the evening LGW-MAD.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ukgooner
Absolutely laughable
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA6501
I've been directed to the No1 Clubrooms for the evening LGW-MAD.
What's the clubrooms?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by orbitmic
What's the clubrooms?
MyLounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.