Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Traveller Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

The thread is to share experiences, photos, reviews and questions of the temporary lounge in London Gatwick (LGW) North Terminal.

This thread has been created as a partner thread to this discussion, which is a more suitable place to discuss the broader issues relating to the move to the South terminal:
BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016

Update 14 April 2016
25 January 2017 is the official opening date of the new lounge in LGW.

"The new lounge will have more space with better facilities and the location will offer impressive views across the runway. The new lounge will also have full kitchen facilities and an exclusive area for our First customers and Gold Executive Club members."

Thanks to Happytohelp for this intel
Print Wikipost

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
I'll be at Gatwick at 6:30am on Monday. I have lounge access through Lounge Club. Just wondering whether No.1 will be so crowded that I'd be better going down to Aspire to get a bite to eat and sit and read some papers. (I know the correct answer is "have an extra 30 minutes sleep" but thanks to Southern I'm getting the train before the one I need to get.)

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JimboandtheJetset
I'll be at Gatwick at 6:30am on Monday. I have lounge access through Lounge Club. Just wondering whether No.1 will be so crowded that I'd be better going down to Aspire to get a bite to eat and sit and read some papers. (I know the correct answer is "have an extra 30 minutes sleep" but thanks to Southern I'm getting the train before the one I need to get.)
No. 1 starting to get a bit crowded at 5:45am, so at the stroke of 6 I moved over to the Clubrooms and was the first customer and only customer.

I must say I'm a bit shocked that I only found out about all this new lounge info at check in this morning. Not a word from BA, although I can belatedly see in MMB that if I click on lounges that it mentions No. 1, but does not mention Clubrooms. Obviously I rarely fly out of this airport. I think it's been about 3 years since I was last here, but I was looking forward to breakfast in the GF. However Clubrooms seems to be adequate.

Perhaps someone more knowledgable than I could update the Wiki to mention Clubrooms.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
No. 1 starting to get a bit crowded at 5:45am, so at the stroke of 6 I moved over to the Clubrooms and was the first customer and only customer.

I must say I'm a bit shocked that I only found out about all this new lounge info at check in this morning. Not a word from BA, although I can belatedly see in MMB that if I click on lounges that it mentions No. 1, but does not mention Clubrooms. Obviously I rarely fly out of this airport. I think it's been about 3 years since I was last here, but I was looking forward to breakfast in the GF. However Clubrooms seems to be adequate.

Perhaps someone more knowledgable than I could update the Wiki to mention Clubrooms.
That being said, in just over 2 weeks the new lounge opens anyway....
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:03 am

No longer able to access old BA Lounge wifi in Club rooms :/

At least we can take bottles of water on flight
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
I'm in the clubrooms right now and I have to say - I'm going to miss the place! I think the brekky is decent and I like the staff.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:53 am

My last visit to Clubrooms tomorrow. Won't be sad at all that it's the last ...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Is this lounge still being used by BA ?

Which is 'the best' Priority Pass lounge at the moment in LGW NORTH ??
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Is this lounge still being used by BA ?

Which is 'the best' Priority Pass lounge at the moment in LGW NORTH ??
No, BA no longer operates from the North terminal at all, and has a shiny new lounge complex in South.

But this No 1 Traveller Lounge is the best PP option in LGW North - I used it on U2 a few weeks ago. The lounge is basically the same as described in this thread when BA used it, except slightly quieter and with more of a U2 demographic...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by Deltus
and with more of a U2 demographic...
By which you no doubt mean savvy people who want to save money, have a good, quick service on board that doesn't run out of goods during the flight and who want to sit in the front row on domestic flights.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tuff
By which you no doubt mean savvy people who want to save money, have a good, quick service on board that doesn't run out of goods during the flight and who want to sit in the front row on domestic flights.
Heh, I was thinking more like bucket-and-spaders drinking lager at 7am on their way to AGP, but I suppose it would be unfair to put all U2 pax into that bracket...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:41 am

-- --

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.