Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Traveller Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

The thread is to share experiences, photos, reviews and questions of the temporary lounge in London Gatwick (LGW) North Terminal.

This thread has been created as a partner thread to this discussion, which is a more suitable place to discuss the broader issues relating to the move to the South terminal:
BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016

Update 14 April 2016
25 January 2017 is the official opening date of the new lounge in LGW.

"The new lounge will have more space with better facilities and the location will offer impressive views across the runway. The new lounge will also have full kitchen facilities and an exclusive area for our First customers and Gold Executive Club members."

Thanks to Happytohelp for this intel
Print Wikipost

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Originally Posted by headingwest
West Berkshire. I can honestly say I've never eaten a fish finger sandwich or seen anybody else eat one for that matter. I must have lived a sheltered life.
Ditto, and I grew up in Middlesex and Berkshire!

I must say that I'm looking forward to trying my first fish finger sandwich in a few days
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Crikey: Not even an attempt at a 'gourmet' fish finger sandwich then….Looks like something my 7 year old nephew might have made…
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Crikey: Not even an attempt at a 'gourmet' fish finger sandwich then….Looks like something my 7 year old nephew might have made…

To be fair, and please do correct me if I'm wrong rxfleming, but I think that photo isn't from Gatwick.

I managed to find a photo from the net which is from the No. 1 Lounge, and the presentation is a little better(?).

Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm dying to see what the fish finger sandwich looks like, that's something I've never had in my life, so I've got to give BA credit for introducing new experiences.
Me too, there was always plenty of fresh fish in my childhood that I never ate that frozen crap til I was at uni. Its within my imagination to think how it would appear however .
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I eat a fish finger sandwich regularly, you don't know what you're missing!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:20 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

To be fair, and please do correct me if I'm wrong rxfleming, but I think that photo isn't from Gatwick.

I managed to find a photo from the net which is from the No. 1 Lounge, and the presentation is a little better(?).
Yup. That photo I posted isn't actually from the lounge. Although I'm sure mine is more appealing in taste than a dry roll and 2 Tesco value fish fingers.

Bon Appetit!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
I eat a fish finger sandwich regularly, you don't know what you're missing!
Me too. Food of the Gods ^

Bill's Diners do a mean one - homemade cod fillet fishfingers, toasted bloomer bread, rocket and tartar sauce. Yum.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Me too. Food of the Gods ^

Bill's Diners do a mean one - homemade cod fillet fishfingers, toasted bloomer bread, rocket and tartar sauce. Yum.
It sounds infinitely better than the one I had in the No. 1 Lounge. Mine was hard in parts. I'm sure they warmed it (overheated it) in the microwave.

Palmer
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

An excellent guide and piece of work there corporate-wage-slave ^

I'm very rarely in LGW but many will no doubt make good use of this.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
This is the sandwich I had 2 days ago in the lounge before my flight to Jersey. Just what the doctor ordered :-)
Attached Images   
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by walmon1977
This is the sandwich I had 2 days ago in the lounge before my flight to Jersey. Just what the doctor ordered :-)
That's a bit more like it, although I've seen it served in higher quality bread than a mere barm cake.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
In no 1 this morning between 0830-0930. Packed but bearable. I'd say at 90% capacity. Staff very friendly (perhaps BA should cross train in prep for the move to the south terminal). Porridge inedible.

You can see the old BA lounges as you walk to gate 55. Looks like they have gutted them already.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:36 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm here just now.

First impression is the staff are a breath of fresh air. It doesn't have the stuffy businessman like atmosphere of the BA lounges.

The staff are friendly and proactive and want to serve you. It's completely different from Baxterstorey staff.

A woman (did you know she's a gold card holder) is utterly shocked that she's having to pay for champagne. She got really annoyed when they then presented her with prosecco and then when they didn't open a fresh bottle for her she really lost it.

Now she's buying a bottle of Prosecco.

Overall I quite like the lounge. I can certainly cope with it for the next year.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Just out of the lounge. Crowded but would rate it in between former gc and gf lounges with much more appealing food than the former including various salads, a choice of beef stew, chilli, or small but nice cheese plate.

No free champagne and coffee is poor but beer and cider on tap which seems to be ba's new standards at Lhr gf anyway (well just the beer, no cider) and soft drinks and water fountains. Fine for a transitional lounge imho.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:54 am

Hi all. First post on here.
Just wondering if I can gain access to N01 Lounge travelling Business on Iberia Express booked via BA ?
Thanks for your time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.