FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:28 am
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LE2
I'm in the No.1 Lounge now. Saturday 11.00 am. There are very few seats. I'm seeing the same people wandering around and around looking for a place to sit.

There's a queue at the bar to order hot food. Only one bartender taking orders.

Staff appear to be working hard to serve customers and keeping the tables clean.

Interestingly, I overhead the BA Customer Service speaking with an unhappy passenger. She said that "they are going to be opening up a lounge downstairs to take pressure of the current situation".

Any announcement on this new arrangement?
I also was told this morning after asking a few questions, the BA rep told me they were opening up downstairs to ease the pressure but still not exclusive to BA members. Just more room. She agreed that main holiday periods are going to be a struggle...time will tell.

Only half the dining area was open this morning. Whether this was due to staff shortage or they wait until a certain amount of traffic into the lounge before they open it all up is unknown to me. It was certainly busy generally in departures this morning and it's only mid Jan. (Albeit a Saturday).