Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
This looks an amazing deal - Thanks Henky and gelukkig nieuwjaar!

On initial scrutiny it looks like max stay might be about 20 days, but I need to do some more digging. This might well save me £500 or so for a booking I have to make later on in the week if it's still here...
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Ebookers is reporting that the deal expires 8am UK time (I think - currently on the west coast of the US).
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Thanks Cymro (and Henky, I have alerts for new threads in the other forum!)

Have decided that sub £1,500 ex-LON is worth cancelling my €1,500 ex-FRA fare on Air China, for €150 fee.
- £200 or so more for the fare
- £130 cancellation fee
- no Asiana *G status
+ can use Amex, so 1,500 SPG points
+ topcashback, so that's £80
+ ebookers rewards scheme gets another £30 or so
+ I can avoid the 9,000 Avios and £35 fee for RFS positioning flights
+ no 12 hour layover in Beijing (admittedly I had been toying with a visit to Forbidden City using the Transit Without Visa scheme)
+ oh, and I get 600 TPs to renew GGL easily (and close to 30k Avios)

Unfortunately I couldn't get the late departure I wanted the Thursday night before Good Friday without paying crazy money, but can't have everything... Now to plan properly a week on a South Pacific island and same again in Tasmania
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Simples: just book LHR-BKK with one night hotel added and you will find it. Not sure if this works.

LHR-SIN is £1340 by the way.

LHR-SYD is £1495

LHR-MEL is £1487
Is this deal still live?
The links don't load and I can't get it to price out on ebookers.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Yes it is. Just use the flight + hotel options to search. Details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...0-1500-mh.html

The ebookers links seem to die after a certain time so you will have to do some legwork yourself for this one.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Costa Coffee
Great, thanks Henky.
I was looking at August departures, which seem to attract different fares.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Yes it is. Just use the flight + hotel options to search. Details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...0-1500-mh.html

The ebookers links seem to die after a certain time so you will have to do some legwork yourself for this one.
Just to also add that the ebookers website seems to be having some trouble, so if you're having an error try again in a few minutes. I had a few cases of "no flights can be found" and once where the pricing was inexplicably much higher. It's definitely still valid though.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:26 pm

Thanks henkybaby & Cymro. Just booked Melbourne next month
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know what booking class the flights go into from an Ebookers booking?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Does anyone know what booking class the flights go into from an Ebookers booking?
Z on all 4 of my sectors which earn 125% avios and tier points.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GTR56
Z on all 4 of my sectors which earn 125% avios and tier points.
Excellent.. . Should have waited to book my mum's flight. At least F was working out same price with the hotel. But almost half the price of the F fare would have been too tempting....

Well done to those who have booked. Bargain ^
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by CaroFos
i booked return to Phuket with ebookers (5.5% topcashback) and it booked into class C for the KUL-HKT and Z for LHR-KUL.

also manage my booking on Malaysian airlines website doesn't show my booking at all no matter how I tried BUT I downloaded their app and it let me add the booking from the code ebookers gave me. All confirmed but no seat changes until online checkin
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Cymro
Ebookers is reporting that the deal expires 8am UK time (I think - currently on the west coast of the US).
Deal is still working today. In the fare rules (see regular premium fares thread) it says you need to book before Jan 31st, however I do not think there is a direct link with the 'flash sale' by ebookers.

I would book ASAP...

Originally Posted by Amygdala28
Great, thanks Henky.
I was looking at August departures, which seem to attract different fares.
I don't know which destination you're talking about but after a very quick check OZ seems about £200 more and BKK around £300 more (still a great deal exLHR though).

Originally Posted by LondonIrish
Thanks henkybaby & Cymro. Just booked Melbourne next month
Happy you could use it! Let us all say thanks to Cymro. I only looked at it in a bit more detail. I have not found this gem.

PS: I would love some feedback on the new seating on the MH A330s...

Last edited by henkybaby; Jan 2, 2017 at 2:10 am
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I thought that the MH sale itself was good but this is even better.

Has anyone managed to ever deal with ebookers to get them to take a deal like this and add on an additional flight? I'd rather fly MAN-LHR-KUL-SYD rather than trekking down to LHR first. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get it to plug in the MAN-LHR on the front and end using the website.

Thanks

T
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Thanks for posting!

Great fares to SIN, and apparently I'm spending 1 night in a hostel room with 8 other beds

I couldn't reserve my seats on the ebookers page as it wouldn't load, and the MH website is solely for MH website bookings.

I presume I'll have to call MH, as I've done in the past - unless there is a OneWorld site which allows MH bookings?

M
Thanks to the OP for this deal! I have booked a trip to Singapore, called ebookers and they can see the seat maps and changed my seats no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.