Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by ianwall
For 640tps, I booked man-phl-phx, with a 23 hour stop, phx-sat for 2 days, then sat-lax-jfk-man for £1073 using a 10% discount.
How did you get the 10% discount?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:12 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
I'm struggling with the search facility on my phone.

Has Santiago ever featured in a decent J or F deal? The answer will determine my book now or wait strategy.

I'm looking at July/August and seeing c£2k and £3.5k respectively at e moment and would prefer to trim things a little, ideally starting in Manchester.

Should be able to get to 600TP with a J outwards and an F back along with LATAM hauling us over to Easter Island.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Is there anything around at the moment valid for travel in March EU-SEA?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Is there anything around at the moment valid for travel in March EU-SEA?
exDUB advanced purchase fare should work for some dates in March, see link at top of TP run for details.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
"Has Santiago ever featured in a decent J or F deal? The answer will determine my book now or wait strategy."

It did around 18 months ago. Could fly F with AA from FRA to SCL via either DFW or MIA for around £1800 pp. Not seen anything like that since though.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gorps1
"Has Santiago ever featured in a decent J or F deal? The answer will determine my book now or wait strategy."

It did around 18 months ago. Could fly F with AA from FRA to SCL via either DFW or MIA for around £1800 pp. Not seen anything like that since though.
Check out ex-AMS or ex-Italy. I booked mine a couple months ago ex-AMS for 2050 Euros RT. Ex-Italy could have been found lower than 2000 EUR RT, with VCE being the cheapest departure point IIRC.
In my case, I managed to get a AMS-MAD-SCL and SCL-LHR-AMS on the way back.
I noticed yesterday there were still quite a few dates on BA metal ex-AMS around 2050 Euros, so the fare is still on... I booking class for the long hauls.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum

BTW, I also noticed at the time I was looking for options to get to SCL some good options in business class with AA, ex-AMS or Ex-FRA, by booking on their european website (not the US website). IIRC it was something like AMS-PHL-MIA-SCL and return SCL-DFW-PHL-AMS, with AMS-PHL on a 753, MIA-SCL on a 763 and SCL-DFW on a 788. And I was getting prices sub 1800 Euros RT at certain dates. Overall journey time 30 hours + though... but good TP run.
Options ex-FRA were going to DFW or MIA directly IIRC.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Thanks all.

£1,368 return from Milan via Madrid using Iberia/LATAM booking with Iberia according to Google flights. On the BA site too at €1,604.

I'll sacrifice my first for that.

Last edited by PeacefulWaters; Jan 29, 2017 at 7:16 am
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club

I'm in SCL now on an AA deal here ex-AMS I was about to route it through MIA on BA 380 and the AA 787 from DFW. I paid €1800 but this was booked before brexit when the £ was still strong

And I did the SCL (Easter island with avios) in July too, paid €1300 ex-AMS back to MAD. Was via JFK and on latam from JFK to SCL 787

They were both sales early 2016 so they can and do happen.

Edit just saw above. LIN-SCL for £1300 mark is very good!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:29 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread can be found at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...7-edition.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.