Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Seems too good to be true, £1680 for business class to Sydney and 2 weeks on Four Seasons?
You've fallen into the same trap as I did - it's only one night in the hotel in Henky's link.

On the other hand, it's still bordering on 'too good to be true.'
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Seems too good to be true, £1680 for business class to Sydney and 2 weeks on Four Seasons?
Hotel booking in the link is for one night only.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Great fares out of Cairo - nice if you live there, have business there or fancy a stay there. But getting yourself positioned from UK, and back, can be a significant cost in £ and time. Schedules are rarely helpful, and the risk of a misconnect on shorter transfers is real. Overnight stays don't need to be expensive, and the visa-thing is easy (just $25 a pop): but it all adds up.....

I speak from the happy position of someone who has to be in Cairo from time to time 😇

​​​​​​
Slightly off topic, but is an immediate turn possible in CAI if inbound and outbound are on same aircraft (TK) about 1 hr apart? Obviously, this would be on two separate tickets as I would be arriving from IST and returning to IST.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Cymro
I agree entirely about the silliness of a comparison - on all aspects except price.
I removed the silly bit because I understood where you were coming from. Lots of people do value the privacy offered by the BA or herringbone config. However, MH has a very private setting on the OZ flights (A330) too. See above.

Oh and I can't get a decent deal to HKG out of this sale, which is mildly annoying (will have to go ex-Germany).
No, that one I could not make work either. Bummer.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:53 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks for posting!

Great fares to SIN, and apparently I'm spending 1 night in a hostel room with 8 other beds

I couldn't reserve my seats on the ebookers page as it wouldn't load, and the MH website is solely for MH website bookings.

I presume I'll have to call MH, as I've done in the past - unless there is a OneWorld site which allows MH bookings?

M
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've used RJ for 125-stock avios redemptions issued by BA, but for TA bookings I can't get around the five-character PNR, so unless you can get a six-character PNR then you'll need to call.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DocS
Appreciate the BA board 'exclusive' period pre-sharing ^
Yeah... I prepared a post for the other thread to post at the end of the evening and then I accidentally pressed 'Submit'...

Sorry about that. Really wanted to keep this one out of the blog-o-sphere for a while. My sincerest apologies, mostly to Cymro, who discovered this great flash sale. ^
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Yeah... I prepared a post for the other thread to post at the end of the evening and then I accidentally pressed 'Submit'...

Sorry about that. Really wanted to keep this one out of the blog-o-sphere for a while. My sincerest apologies, mostly to Cymro, who discovered this great flash sale. ^
Never mind - have decided against it anyway as was looking to get to Japan. In the end decided to stick with ticket I had held on CX AMS>HKG>CTS for £1.6k and 560 TPs ^
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DocS
Never mind - have decided against it anyway as was looking to get to Japan. In the end decided to stick with ticket I had held on CX AMS>HKG>CTS for £1.6k and 560 TPs ^
Japan doesn't seem to work. Neither does China, HKG or ICN. Nice price by the way. Almost went to CTS in March but then AZ decided I wanted to go to DUS via FCO instead.

INDIA

It does seem to work for getting QR flights to India a bit cheaper.

LHR-DEL £1560
LHR-BLR £1480
LHR-BOM £1228

Last edited by henkybaby; Jan 1, 2017 at 10:49 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
What travel dates are available for the MA deals? Specifically interested in Oz

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omk298
What travel dates are available for the MA deals? Specifically interested in Oz

Thanks
Why don't you check?

Seems to be widely available until 26 November. Can't book later dates on ebookers.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Japan doesn't seem to work. Neither does China, HKG or ICN. Nice price by the way. Almost went to CTS in March but then AZ decided I wanted to go to DUS via FCO instead.
What a coincidence! I was going on an AZ ticket too and the same thing happened
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Cymro
More MH silliness...

Just spotted LHR-KUL-BKK for 400 TP (assuming the fare allows you to earn points) for £1,134, apparently today only, via eBookers.

Other places may be available but it looks like an eBookers flash sale as you can only get that rate by booking a stupidly cheap hostel on top. (Of course if you'd rather stay somewhere nicer then you can, you just pay the difference).
So no return of the stupidly cheap Here There Everywhere campaign from MH itself? How unfortunate

​​​​I liked the ridiculousness of how they extended that one (for Singapore) four times and how one could get J in MH ex SIN to Japan and China than direct Y on SQ...
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Anyone know what the latest date you can fly with the ebookers deal?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
Anyone know what the latest date you can fly with the ebookers deal?
Seems to be widely available until 26 November. Can't book later dates on ebookers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.