Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
deleted

Last edited by DocS; Dec 29, 2016 at 3:54 am Reason: wrong thread (I think?)
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Hello. Thanks for all comments and info on getting my mum to oz.. I think she's tempted by the MH fares but suspect she'll settle for biz all the way - throwing £800 at it to sit in first class for two legs of the journey will probably feel a little wasteful to her...

But my final question would be are any of the other Asian carriers worth looking at as I know absolutely nothing about any of them - or of course is it worth splashing for Singapore Ethiad or emirates and forgetting the avios and tier Points? (Rationale being MH is the 'scary' airline to the layman although we have discussed that of course they have planes flying day in day out without incident) ...

Finally, any idea how long the MH fares will last? Any urgency to book?
Thanks so much.

CF
1) Never wait for a fare if it suits your budget and purpose.
2) Most of us will have rather different priorities to your 80yr old mother. For me, £800 would be just over what I'd consider paying for MH F over J; mostly as I know I'll be making the same trip again 10x in the next 5 years and there will be plenty of other chances. Your mother may feel rather differently if this is a one-off trip.
3) Never underestimate the value of starting ex-UK over ex-EU. Don't forget you need to add positioning flights, likely an overnight hotel, risk of misconnect, etc. etc. £2k for a LON-OZ fare is cracking value in J.

That being said, the comment about the GCC3 is valid. EY will take you from LON-MEL for around £2750 at the moment, and given that they'll send a chauffeur to pick her up from her house and take her to the airport, then drop her off at the other end, etc. and their A380 J product is the best in the sky; it's a definite thing to consider.

As for EK... Don't forget if you can get it on a QF ticket and flight numbers, you can still earn Avios and TPs.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
1) Never wait for a fare if it suits your budget and purpose.
2) Most of us will have rather different priorities to your 80yr old mother. For me, £800 would be just over what I'd consider paying for MH F over J; mostly as I know I'll be making the same trip again 10x in the next 5 years and there will be plenty of other chances. Your mother may feel rather differently if this is a one-off trip.
3) Never underestimate the value of starting ex-UK over ex-EU. Don't forget you need to add positioning flights, likely an overnight hotel, risk of misconnect, etc. etc. £2k for a LON-OZ fare is cracking value in J.

That being said, the comment about the GCC3 is valid. EY will take you from LON-MEL for around £2750 at the moment, and given that they'll send a chauffeur to pick her up from her house and take her to the airport, then drop her off at the other end, etc. and their A380 J product is the best in the sky; it's a definite thing to consider.

As for EK... Don't forget if you can get it on a QF ticket and flight numbers, you can still earn Avios and TPs.
Thank you so much. Great advice. We will be booking soonest!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:25 am

Sorry. What is GCC3?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Sorry. What is GCC3?
I think this refers to QR, EY and EK. Gulf carriers or so?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:52 am

I looking for flights to MEL, if I can use GUF2 on BA sectors with early in the 3rd week of Jan when it expires. If I can't, I can push it out a week later, and then don't have to use BA, returning after the 9th of Feb.

Norway no longer looks like a good starting point ex EU to Australia, as earlier this year it was Nor 26k booking a week out including HKG and SIN stopovers. Looking now it is 40-56k.

Anyone had any luck with deals down to Oz recently? Thanks in advance
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I looking for flights to MEL, if I can use GUF2 on BA sectors with early in the 3rd week of Jan when it expires.
If you call BA and ask nicely they will give your GUF voucher an extra six months of life. @:-)
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: Some
Sorry. What is GCC3?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Cooperation_Council
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
If you call BA and ask nicely they will give your GUF voucher an extra six months of life. @:-)
Indeed I did this yesterday - two minute phone call and five minutes later an email and the voucher was changed to to expire on 01/07/2017
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
All

I had a question, which i have looked into, but thought if I could tap into the collective wisdom here to see if I missed something.

I need to go to India on 12 April to 23 April for a friend's wedding (apparently it is a five day job!) , +/- one day either way. Preference is Delhi, as the train is easiest where I need to go, but Mumbai would work. J or F. I am based in london.

Happy to do ex-eu, I have a joker if needed and also a GUF 1 I would really like to use.

So ignoring redemption availability (which I should be able to fix with the joker and switching a date).

I think if I want to travel F and use the GUF, the best i can do is the following Ex-EU.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

which might also enable me to use the BA 777 on a leg (or connection out to Madrid) which could be fun. Fine to overnight in MAD or London either way. This prices around the £1,400 mark on BA.

For J, I could also go finnair for less (I see circa 1170 GBP), or premium economy with the voucher or would consider Qatar. I have enough for an outright redemption but prefer to earn some tier points and ideally spend around £1k.

Any thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance. If this is too broad let me know. In essence I prefer an ex -eu J to travel F in the 787 to DEL with the voucher but wondered if I had found the best value.

I can of course give it a week or two to see if a sale pops up.

Last edited by Woodbinerich; Dec 29, 2016 at 11:37 am Reason: trying to get the link to work
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
All

I had a question, which i have looked into, but thought if I could tap into the collective wisdom here to see if I missed something.

I need to go to India on 12 April to 23 April for a friend's wedding (apparently it is a five day job!) , +/- one day either way. Preference is Delhi, as the train is easiest where I need to go, but Mumbai would work. J or F.

Happy to do ex-eu, I have a joker if needed and also a GUF 1 I would really like to use.

So ignoring redemption availability (which I should be able to fix with the joker and switching a date).

I think if I want to travel F and use the GUF, the best i can do is the following Ex-EU.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

which might also enable me to use the BA 777 on a leg (or connection out to Madrid) which could be fun. Fine to overnight in MAD or London either way. This prices around the £1,400 mark on BA.

For J, I could also go finnair for less (I see circa 1170 GBP), or premium economy with the voucher or would consider Qatar. I have enough for an outright redemption but prefer to earn some tier points and ideally spend around £1k.

Any thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance. If this is too broad let me know. In essence I prefer an ex -eu J to travel F in the 787 to DEL with the voucher but wondered if I had found the best value.

I can of course give it a week or two to see if a sale pops up.
I can only help you out on the EX EU bit,i do MAD - BOM 2 or 3 times a year,DEL is usually around the same price.£1400 is a non sale price,in the sale you can pick up MAD-BOM for around the £1050 mark and sometimes its cheaper to end in LHR,there hasn't been a sale for a while so I'm hoping there will be one very soon.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by tia2013
I can only help you out on the EX EU bit,i do MAD - BOM 2 or 3 times a year,DEL is usually around the same price.£1400 is a non sale price,in the sale you can pick up MAD-BOM for around the £1050 mark and sometimes its cheaper to end in LHR,there hasn't been a sale for a while so I'm hoping there will be one very soon.
Thank you for this. Helpful.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Finair from BCN to DEL is currently £1171. BA PE MXP - BOM is £685. If you want a better flight EK is pricing £1283. These all for your dates.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:17 pm

Don´t know if this is a deal but I have been looking EX EU to MIA for a month or so now and found today ARN to IAD/JFK around 1600 euro and to LAX/SFO around 1800 euro.

Books to I and J
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Finair from BCN to DEL is currently £1171. BA PE MXP - BOM is £685. If you want a better flight EK is pricing £1283. These all for your dates.
Thank you. Again helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.