Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
WTP is really not that bad.

If I can get myself a seat in the corner of the rearmost row in the WTP cabin, I find I can build myself a perfectly comfortable nest for a few hours doze. Have done LHR-KUL twice recently in WTP and been rested enough to work the following day..
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Fitch
WTP is really not that bad.

If I can get myself a seat in the corner of the rearmost row in the WTP cabin, I find I can build myself a perfectly comfortable nest for a few hours doze. Have done LHR-KUL twice recently in WTP and been rested enough to work the following day..
I am not too fussed by the cabin but I am tier points thirsty at the moment, therefore CW would be a lot better. It looks impossible to upgrade to CW for LAX and SFO for my dates.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by umbyboy
I am not too fussed by the cabin but I am tier points thirsty at the moment, therefore CW would be a lot better. It looks impossible to upgrade to CW for LAX and SFO for my dates.
If you upgrade using Avios you won't get additional TPs
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by benjyyy
If you upgrade using Avios you won't get additional TPs
Maybe Sometimes you do get the CW Avios and TP when upgrading a WT+ holiday booking.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
Maybe Sometimes you do get the CW Avios and TP when upgrading a WT+ holiday booking.
Which one is it guys, I am confused

I was under the impression that when I upgraded to first class last year I got first class Tps.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Which one is it guys, I am confused

I was under the impression that when I upgraded to first class last year I got first class Tps.
You should only get TP for the cabin you paid cash for not the one you UuA in to. Please plan on this basis.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
You should only get TP for the cabin you paid cash for not the one you UuA in to. Please plan on this basis.
+1

there are always glitches out there and people have been given wrong TPs at times (both ways - 0 for a UUA fared and had to call, as well as higher TPs) but most of the time, you will only get the TPs for the cabin you 'paid' for (with cash, not avios) and that's how the system is meant to work.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:49 am

Just wanted to share an update to the QR VCE-DOH-BKK £1080 fare.

I discovered quite by accident that you can change it to VCE-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR for an incredibly reasonable £1299.

The benefits are many:
+ saves you faffing with this interlining nonsense on the way back
+ end your trip on a high note, rather than on a depressing M&S sandwiches shorthaul
+ reverse herringbone seats on 3/4 legs
+ you can fly 4 different aircraft if you want to! (A330, 777, A380, A350)

Of course, you can also fly finnair for similar money at the moment (and also return to LHR for a similar increase), which is a shorter, more direct route and nice A350 business class, but fewer tier points (360 vs 540 on QR), not to mention the avios earned too.

Unfortunately, no joy doing the same for the SOF fare!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Good spot. Wish I had known this earlier though as I'm sitting in the lounge at VCE waiting to fly to BKK! To not have had to route home via VCE would have been very attractive.

Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Just wanted to share an update to the QR VCE-DOH-BKK £1080 fare.

I discovered quite by accident that you can change it to VCE-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR for an incredibly reasonable £1299.

The benefits are many:
+ saves you faffing with this interlining nonsense on the way back
+ end your trip on a high note, rather than on a depressing M&S sandwiches shorthaul
+ reverse herringbone seats on 3/4 legs
+ you can fly 4 different aircraft if you want to! (A330, 777, A380, A350)

Of course, you can also fly finnair for similar money at the moment (and also return to LHR for a similar increase), which is a shorter, more direct route and nice A350 business class, but fewer tier points (360 vs 540 on QR), not to mention the avios earned too.

Unfortunately, no joy doing the same for the SOF fare!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Nice indeed, only if there was availability in March on my dates!

Also beware of frequent equipment swaps with QR!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Mike P
Good spot. Wish I had known this earlier though as I'm sitting in the lounge at VCE waiting to fly to BKK! To not have had to route home via VCE would have been very attractive.
Changing your ticket may not be too pricey.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Changing your ticket may not be too pricey.
Thanks, yes, it's certainly worth pricing up.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
LHR-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR can be had for £1599 at the moment so maybe not even worth starting in VCE as after factoring in positioning and possibly a hotel (depends how risk-averse you are) you may only save £100-£200?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
LHR-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR can be had for £1599 at the moment so maybe not even worth starting in VCE as after factoring in positioning and possibly a hotel (depends how risk-averse you are) you may only save £100-£200?
Anyone starting in VCE needs to also be aware that planning to see the city for a night will cost €100 each way in a water taxi (water buses are available, but let's be honest; no-one wants to be a bus w**ker).
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...bkk-850-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.