Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DocS
Have been looking at some options for Japan in Sepetember - having seen the exEU to HKG thread have considered the BUD-LHR-HKG rtn (£1.3k ish - pros include CX A350) as well as the cleverly routed AMS-LHR-HKG/HKG-BKK-KUL-LHR-AMS (£1.4k - pros include BA A380 & 787) - earning 360TPs and 440TPs respectively. QR have ARN-DOH-HKG rtn for more (£1.6k pros 787 both legs) but earning 560TPs.

All of these would require a reward connection in HKG - not too much of a chore given the fact my favourite lounge in the world is based there!

CX are offering AMS-HKG-CTS - which would get us to (albeit far North) Japan and earn 560TPs for £1.6k.

I'm torn and wondering whether to bite the bullet now or wait. Bird in the hand and all...

Any advice (or possible fares I've overlooked) much appreciated ^ TIA
Just FYI during the EGP devaluation I came across a QR routing CAI-DOH-HKG-(CX)-CTS which was very useful from a TP perspective. not certain if it's possible to originate from points further west than CAI and still route to CTS via both DOHG and HKG, but if so it's a real winner for TPs.

(incidentally the ex-CAI routing to CTS even seemed to allow for domestic connections on JAL internally in Japan IIRC)
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by catharsis
Just FYI during the EGP devaluation I came across a QR routing CAI-DOH-HKG-(CX)-CTS which was very useful from a TP perspective. not certain if it's possible to originate from points further west than CAI and still route to CTS via both DOHG and HKG, but if so it's a real winner for TPs.

(incidentally the ex-CAI routing to CTS even seemed to allow for domestic connections on JAL internally in Japan IIRC)
Wow! THANK YOU catharsis - multiple options CAI-DOH-(Japan) including, as you say, JAL J connections for £959 ^

Now to play to see if there are any options other than Egypt to start from - any FTers able to help as I am not great with fare basis....
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Looks as if Pisa (PSA) and then stockholm (ARN) are your best bets with prices under or around €2k for the dates I looked at.

BTW - for the little extra cost, the quality of the product in the 787 from ARN versus the A320 from Pisa is a serious consideration - albeit that A320 may have long-haul Biz seating?

... so that's 840TP if my calculations are correct, i.e. 6 2k miles+ sectors in J for under €2k getting you to JP as desired

Last edited by catharsis; Dec 30, 2016 at 4:26 pm
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
could you confirm fare basis and routing?

Looking for roughly these dates for 2 pax also.
Probably this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27644526-post4814.html

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 31, 2016 at 7:22 am
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Wow! THANK YOU catharsis - multiple options CAI-DOH-(Japan) including, as you say, JAL J connections for £959 ^

Now to play to see if there are any options other than Egypt to start from - any FTers able to help as I am not great with fare basis....
Unless someone else has devalued recently you won't get anything cheaper than ex-Egypt (barring a miracle / errorexceptionally keenly priced fare) - though given how Turkey is going...
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
could you confirm fare basis and routing?

Looking for roughly these dates for 2 pax also.
ILN8S4C1

DUB-CLT-LAX-OGG [had to force that routing on Matrix] all in J/F (I) for USD 3847 through bookwithmatrix.com and Priceline

Good luck!

Last edited by T8191; Dec 31, 2016 at 3:12 am Reason: added details
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Would love to take advantage of these great CAI fares but have been informed on FT that I probably wouldnt be able to secure the fare because BA might not get its cash since its paid in EGP...does this make sence to anyone?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by jock
Would love to take advantage of these great CAI fares but have been informed on FT that I probably wouldnt be able to secure the fare because BA might not get its cash since its paid in EGP...does this make sence to anyone?
I've got a CAI-DOH-BKK all in F, including the A380 next month, booked on Qatar's own website for less than £700 return.

Bargains definitely to be had ex-CAI.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Unless someone else has devalued recently you won't get anything cheaper than ex-Egypt (barring a miracle / errorexceptionally keenly priced fare) - though given how Turkey is going...
Great fares out of Cairo - nice if you live there, have business there or fancy a stay there. But getting yourself positioned from UK, and back, can be a significant cost in £ and time. Schedules are rarely helpful, and the risk of a misconnect on shorter transfers is real. Overnight stays don't need to be expensive, and the visa-thing is easy (just $25 a pop): but it all adds up.....

I speak from the happy position of someone who has to be in Cairo from time to time 😇

​​​​​​
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jock
That doesn't seem to make sense to me, particularly if you pay BA directly or through a travel agent based outwith Egypt.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Great fares out of Cairo - nice if you live there, have business there or fancy a stay there. But getting yourself positioned from UK, and back, can be a significant cost in £ and time. Schedules are rarely helpful, and the risk of a misconnect on shorter transfers is real. Overnight stays don't need to be expensive, and the visa-thing is easy (just $25 a pop): but it all adds up.....

I speak from the happy position of someone who has to be in Cairo from time to time 😇

​​​​​​
Indeed - having taken a closer look the BA flight arrives at 2255 in September with the best connection QR DOH departure at 0120 - not sure 2hs 20mins is long enough to risk... Has anyone tried this previously or had experience with QR when missing a first leg? The fares are pretty flexible so hoped they might look kindly-ish on a misconnect....

The fees on reward CW bookings are £300 rtn LHR-CAI so agree the costs soon add up vs ex-EU...

Alternatively agree an overnight becomes an extra cost. Although a day trip to the pyramids could be tempting I think!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed - having taken a closer look the BA flight arrives at 2255 in September with the best connection QR DOH departure at 0120 - not sure 2hs 20mins is long enough to risk... Has anyone tried this previously or had experience with QR when missing a first leg? The fares are pretty flexible so hoped they might look kindly-ish on a misconnect....

The fees on reward CW bookings are £300 rtn LHR-CAI so agree the costs soon add up vs ex-EU...

Alternatively agree an overnight becomes an extra cost. Although a day trip to the pyramids could be tempting I think!
Looking at I class CAIBKK,

Charge 150 USD for no show, plus charge 50 USD for change.

If the original fare class is not available on the newly sought flights, you would also need to upgrade to a fare which had availability, paying the difference in fare as well.

Finally, the newly ticketed fare needs to obey all advance purchase requirements in effect at time of reissue. However the delta between the I fare and the C fare is only about 150 GBP.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:21 am

Hi everyone my friend and I are travelling LHR-ORD on June 9th 2017
We then want to fly back MSP-LHR on 18th ,hoping this can be in W or above.

So far best I've managed to get is £748pp booking return (return leg is in W) flights from LHR-ORD (£645pp) and then a separate AA flight to cover the MSP-ORD flight (£103pp).

As a newbie here I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for how i could try and work to get a better deal. I've been going mad all morning writing LHR, MSP, ORD everywhere but thought I would consult the pros for some advice

Any and all help is so greatly appreciated,

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm sure it's possible to save a bit on this, particularly if you're amenable to flying to Gothenburg on the morning of you trip, or the night before. That is however a very good price for ex-London in the summer.

I would however be extremely nervous about travelling on separate tickets because if anything happens on the AA operated leg, BA are quite likely to leave you in the lurch.

Finally, I'd suggest that this post really belongs in a separate thread.

Edit: I can't really make this any (much) cheaper but you can do it in WTP both directions from Gothenburg for £635.

Last edited by Cymro; Dec 31, 2016 at 8:48 am
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, MRoberts95!
Originally Posted by MRoberts95
So far best I've managed to get is £748pp booking return (return leg is in W) flights from LHR-ORD (£645pp) and then a separate AA flight to cover the MSP-ORD flight (£103pp).
To follow on from Cymro's point about separate tickets, you'd be better off booking economy LHR-ORD and then a through-ticket MSP-ORD-LHR using a T class fare so that you're in WT+ on the ORD-LHR sector.

For example:-
09JUN17 BA295 LHR-ORD 1050-1325 in O class
18JUN17 BA1744 (ops AA) MSP-ORD 1243-1410 in B class
18JUN17 BA294 ORD-LHR 1730-0720 in T class

This currently prices at £775.17.

For that modest extra cost, you get contractual baggage through-check, contractual misconnection protection, and (probably) extra TPs for the MSP-ORD sector.

You'd probably need to book this on the phone; I strongly suspect that ba.com will not be able to do this for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.