Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Apparently not, it dates back to last year at least. I was only aware of this more recently, however, so I'm having to issue copious updates to backtrack on any incorrect/out of date advice I've given on this issue.
Good to know, so I shall be able to access the SIN Bar when flying MH in Nov, hopefully. Though would not be the end of the world if I had to go to QF...
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
At SIN today and pretty disappointed by the gloomy Concorde Room. Far too dark and dreary, so have resorted to stocking up with a drink and taking outside to the main lounge. Looking back earlier in this thread when the lounge opened just over a year ago, mention of improving the lighting is made...it's either not happened or it must have been terrible beforehand. A great shame this is planned for SFO!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pennineuk
At SIN today and pretty disappointed by the gloomy Concorde Room. Far too dark and dreary, so have resorted to stocking up with a drink and taking outside to the main lounge. Looking back earlier in this thread when the lounge opened just over a year ago, mention of improving the lighting is made...it's either not happened or it must have been terrible beforehand. A great shame this is planned for SFO!
Considering all BA flights leaving SIN are overnight flights, I think the dark lighting is a good decision. It is more conductive to sleep.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:13 am

I was in earlier and did the opposite - stocking up on rice, chicken and cookies, bringing it all back into the bar to eat.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Schiehallion
I was in earlier and did the opposite - stocking up on rice, chicken and cookies, bringing it all back into the bar to eat.
Why would you do that? The food (which is exactly the same offering as in the main lounge) is replenished/replaced regularly.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Why would you do that? The food (which is exactly the same offering as in the main lounge) is replenished/replaced regularly.
The receptacle for the drink is smaller/empties quicker than that used for food...? :-)
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
Having just experienced the Qantas First lounge at LAX for the first time (which was wonderful, much better than T5 GF in my opinion, especially the dessert wine) as an OW Emerald (in this case traveling AA domestic), I'm also disappointed by BA's moves to limit the options for GCHs. The contrast between LAX and SFO will become even more striking.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Considering all BA flights leaving SIN are overnight flights, I think the dark lighting is a good decision. It is more conductive to sleep.
Yes, its main use is around 20:00 to 00:00. The location was restricted by the SIN lounge's location in the middle of the terminal, so it was never going to have natural light, unlike say CCB DXB, so they made a virtue of it, giving the exclusive nightclub feel with the simulcast of Clarke Quay. Personally I like it, but it would be odd at 16:00 hrs, I must admit.

The food is the same (well CCB doesn't get the soup for some reason but they will bring you a bowl on request) but the CCB has bubbles and better wines / drinks.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
+1. I have also had staff in the CCR bar asking me if I wanted anything a little bit before the official serving time in the past which was very kind!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:37 pm

All I could see were the sandwiches and some flatbread with various dips and olives etc. No hot food, unless I'm blind. Although perhaps this was on the menu the staff had?

I do however think the coffee is very nice for a machine-made drink!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:59 am

All I could see were the sandwiches and some flatbread with various dips and olives etc. No hot food, unless I'm blind. Although perhaps this was on the menu the staff had? ...
The hot food is parked to the right of the cold offerings, in small serving dishes - next to the coffee machine!

If you were there early they might not have put the hot food out, the staff usually offer to bring you something if it's early.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The main food comes out a bit later, in fact normally they put it in CCB where Tobias indicates first, on the far wall side of the CCB, then in the main lounge. Though I'm happy with the options, they are snack sized mini pies, chicken satay, noodles, chinese beef, many FTers prefer the food in Qantas next door. If travelling in WT/WTP there is perhaps a case to hoover up both lounge offerings!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:03 am

I received a very welcome upgrade (J-F) at the gate - which meant that having stuffed myself to avoid the horrors of CW catering (because I believe everything read on ft ) I was left with only enough space for several glasses of LPGS on board. Aided by a persuasive crew!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:46 am

I received a very welcome upgrade (J-F) at the gate - which meant that having stuffed myself to avoid the horrors of CW catering (because I believe everything read on ft ) I was left with only enough space for several glasses of LPGS on board. Aided by a persuasive crew!
Congrats on the OpUp - you still might have taken the correct decision to stuff yourself in the lounges, I've been rather underwhelmed by the food offerings on those flights this year.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just popped into it and what's the point?
Ok there are drinks and less food than a BoB menu 3 rows in.
Nice and air-conned by as said earlier, dark and dreary. Must be rather a lot of F passengers or CCR holders judging by the traffic.
Even the normal lounge isn't great. Going to camp out in the Qantas lounge as it wipes the floor with it - shame there's no salt & pepper squid though by laksa and lamingtons are fine by me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.