Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Having been sat in the Concorde Bar lounge for about an hour, it feels more like a library than anything else.

The atmosphere is one of silence, and I felt guilty when I was on the phone (so much so that I actually finished my call in the main lounge!).

The main lounge is very pleasant, and there seems to be ample seating. It's a shame the food isn't better, but I suppose one can't have everything!

Oh, and hello to the chap checking FT on his laptop in the main lounge.
Let's hope it has that affect on others who use the lounge! ^
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
The OCD number cruncher in me thinks I have spotted a pattern in the pin code for the door but not sure I have enough data points to firmly conclude. Does anyone know how often the code is changed
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nuster
The OCD number cruncher in me thinks I have spotted a pattern in the pin code for the door but not sure I have enough data points to firmly conclude. Does anyone know how often the code is changed
I've only seen the code for December, but I could venture a guess that they are changed monthly. I can also imagine what the code for next month is, that is if they are patterned quite predictably.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
I've only seen the code for December, but I could venture a guess that they are changed monthly. I can also imagine what the code for next month is, that is if they are patterned quite predictably.
Agree.

I'm fairly happy that I have it but the earlier months when it opened were different if I remember
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Nuster
Agree.

I'm fairly happy that I have it but the earlier months when it opened were different if I remember
A recent comment I heard about this suggests they have, or are about to, resolve this issue to avoid interlopers being 'embarrassed'.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A recent comment I heard about this suggests they have, or are about to, resolve this issue to avoid interlopers being 'embarrassed'.
And no doubt the professional card with the number will be enhanced to being told the number, as with the wifi password.

Overall, it is a bit disappointing, although an improvement, with the same (mediocre) food as the rest of the lounge and it feels like a morgue both in terms of the ambience and the temperature. I will always sit in the main lounge for the BA15 and only use the morgue late on for the 12/16.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
In the Concorde Bar now and I'm impressed with the look of it - very classy. I do agree the atmosphere is a wee bit sterile. There are some great Margaret River wines though - 2014 Pierro LTC, 2014 Moss Wood Amy's and 2012 Voyager Estate Shiraz. ^^^
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Any recent reports on CCR card access on other OW flights?

I have a flight on BA-stock for CX-code next week out of SIN...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by skba1
Any recent reports on CCR card access on other OW flights?

I have a flight on BA-stock for CX-code next week out of SIN...
Normal CCR Access Rules dictate that CCR Cardholders must be travelling on BA to use the CCR. I see no reason why BA would deviate from that policy. No reason you can't flash your card and see what happens.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Normal CCR Access Rules dictate that CCR Cardholders must be travelling on BA to use the CCR. I see no reason why BA would deviate from that policy. No reason you can't flash your card and see what happens.
Yeah, I guess that is what happened to c-w-s upthread...

And I know that formally the answer is no. Although it most likely would not be major problem at most airports if CCR holders got access on any OW flight seeing as LHR is the only place likely to get heavy traffic and there it is not an issue as it is IAG only at the terminal. JFK only has CX and BA iirc at T7...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:44 am

Could I check my understand of access rules to the Concorde Bar - does arriving First and transferring to CX give access by virtue of incoming cabin (like CCR).

Similarly, does being a CCR holder but flying CX not breach the 'BA only' access requirement?

Basically I think I get access by virtue of the first part, they say I get access by the second. Interested in opinion. Either way it's nice!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Schiehallion
Could I check my understand of access rules to the Concorde Bar - does arriving First and transferring to CX give access by virtue of incoming cabin (like CCR).

Similarly, does being a CCR holder but flying CX not breach the 'BA only' access requirement?

Basically I think I get access by virtue of the first part, they say I get access by the second. Interested in opinion. Either way it's nice!
The BA only rule no longer applies, oneworld is good enough for CCR and Prem. So you should be fine on both accounts.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:03 am

Thanks c-w-s
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The BA only rule no longer applies, oneworld is good enough for CCR and Prem. So you should be fine on both accounts.
Is this a recent change?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Is this a recent change?
Apparently not, it dates back to last year at least. I was only aware of this more recently, however, so I'm having to issue copious updates to backtrack on any incorrect/out of date advice I've given on this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.