Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:10 am

In my experience the ccr is far from tranquil. Each booth has an individual tv screen and so noise blasts as they all listen to different channels.

Service is really poor. Drinks are CE level. Food takes a long time and is often cold and usually unpleasant.

Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:04 am

Arriving First

Originally Posted by Schiehallion
Could I check my understand of access rules to the Concorde Bar - does arriving First and transferring to CX give access by virtue of incoming cabin (like CCR).

Similarly, does being a CCR holder but flying CX not breach the 'BA only' access requirement?

Basically I think I get access by virtue of the first part, they say I get access by the second. Interested in opinion. Either way it's nice!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The BA only rule no longer applies, oneworld is good enough for CCR and Prem. So you should be fine on both accounts.
I am wondering if anyone has an update on the above. Access rules to the Concorde Bar have been tightened since the OP so I am curious whether arriving BA First and transferring to another oneworld carrier is enough for access these days.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The Concorde Bar is dead. Long live The Bar

Earlier this month Brandon Loo at Executive Traveller reported the rebranding of the Concorde Bar. It’s new title is simply The Bar.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/b...pore-changi-t1
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We flew to SYD via SIN late June in F and it already changed name and the access cards had been renamed
Prospero likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
How was the catering?

The staff member at reception told me in October that the contract was changing and improvements were planned?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
A bit strange they wouldn’t call it The First Bar or something like that. The Bar would make me wonder ... why can’t I use the bar??
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Agreed having First in the name would make it more obvious.
You've also only got a max of 28 F pax on BA12/16 so wonder why the change.

In reference to the QF Lounge next door.
The J lounge has now had the extra 70 seats added, the F lounge (which will be on the other side of T1) will open in Nov 2019
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sxc
A bit strange they wouldn’t call it The First Bar or something like that. The Bar would make me wonder ... why can’t I use the bar??
We discussed this in the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31336829-post23.html topic last month. This is what I was told:

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They have indeed. I've visited it several times this last few weeks. The name was changed to prevent access confusion (no CCR Cards) and strictly BA First passengers only. One of the staff said they understood that it was decided not to call it the 'First Bar' also to prevent access confusion (no Golds).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.