Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Been there, have the pictures, spoken to the people but have to run to my flight now. Post more when I am in HKG.

It's a nice lounge. Concorde bar I like. Some notes.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Looking forward to seeing the pics, henk.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Same here, hurry up^
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Henky looks like he was in a little bit of a rush, so just to explain this a bit more for people unclear why this thread is here. This thread is intended for information, reviews, photos and commentary from FTers on the new British Airways Singapore lounge, which opened today, Tuesday 25 August 2015. In due course we can perhaps add this to the Lounge Focus guides as part of the Dashboard series.

By way of background for future users, information on the construction of the new lounge can be found in this thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ge-photos.html

Some external reviews:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-changi-lounge

http://www.ausbt.com.au/british-airw...de-bar-concept

[I hope you also enjoy HK Henky!]
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I don't know if you can access my FT albums but I've uploaded most pictures there from the boarding queue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...albums-ba.html

Sorry that FT automatically seems to show them in landscape. Will correct when in HKG. Flight is - of course - delayed.

Last edited by henkybaby; Aug 25, 2015 at 1:51 am
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I don't know if you can access my FT albums but I've uploaded most pictures there from the boarding queue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...albums-ba.html
Yes they are visible to other readers >>>> Click on the first photo, then use Next in the top right.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was surprised at how exited all staff members were. It was a real party. I have the honor of being their first guest. Now isn't that nice. Overall impression is good. Not as big as I expected but certainly well appointed.

There is a competition with the QF lounge as everyone asked which one I would prefer. To be honest, I think QF. It's more spacey. The Concorde Bar was nice but very claustrofbic. No windows and dark. Not sure I would use it, even when traveling in F.

About adequately whelmed I would say.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks for the photos henkybaby, it looks like a great lounge and the Concorde Bar in particular looks like a rather pleasant and relaxing place to wait for a flight.

I'm sad that I'll have to wait until January for my next trip to SIN, looking forward to seeing the lounge in the flesh.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
That looks really nice. Thanks for the photos ^ 'Tis a shame I won't be passing through SIN any time soon.

H
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
... There is a competition with the QF lounge as everyone asked which one I would prefer. To be honest, I think QF. It's more spacey. The Concorde Bar was nice but very claustrofbic. No windows and dark ...
Interesting, if you thought it claustrophobic with no one in, I wonder what it will be like if all 41 seats are taken?!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Interesting, if you thought it claustrophobic with no one in, I wonder what it will be like if all 41 seats are taken?!
Indeed! Slightly worrying.

By the way, henkybaby, can you shed any light on the "perks" of the Concorde bar? Does it come with a specific menu? Or a specific bar list? etc.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:24 am

When is SIN airport going to change that awful carpet?!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
When is SIN airport going to change that awful carpet?!
I believe they are doing a deal with Mike's Carpets as we speak

This will only mean something to you if you grew up in West Yorkshire in the 80s & 90s
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:34 am

I'll be there in a couple of weeks so will undoubtedly check it out. On the basis of the pictures alone, I think I will still prefer the QF lounge.

Have they published the opening hours yet?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by phol
... Have they published the opening hours yet?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.