Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by pleb
I know similar questions have been asked before (including by me), but given the specifics of this Concorde Bar, with a BA First flight from KUL later in the day, and a Malaysian flight from Singapore to get us there (separate tickets), what do you think the odds of being given the code are? (Would through checking bags strengthen that chance?). Cheers.
Perhaps someone who has been to this new lounge can answer - are they scanning all boarding passes? Some lounges don't bother if the ticket is on their own airline and just give a cursory look at the class to ensure eligibility. In that case, if you print your boarding pass in advance, all you will have at first glance is a BA boarding pass with F and LHR as the destination printed on it.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by phol
Perhaps someone who has been to this new lounge can answer - are they scanning all boarding passes? Some lounges don't bother if the ticket is on their own airline and just give a cursory look at the class to ensure eligibility. In that case, if you print your boarding pass in advance, all you will have at first glance is a BA boarding pass with F and LHR as the destination printed on it.
They do physically scan the boarding pass, at one of the two podiums at the front reception. They also scanned my MH boarding pass too.

It's actually a good question because SIN is not an App boarding pass location, so if transferring you can check-in online (PC or App) and then ask the podium to print out the traditional printed boarding pass - they have the requisite printer there.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all the information and photos everybody, the new lounge looks very nice. I'm looking forward to my visit in January.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
according to the post on the SIN concorde bar on the speedbirdclub website, it is the first of several Concorde Bars to be rolled out globally with the next one planned to open in DXB.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's actually a good question because SIN is not an App boarding pass location
It was for CX. So this is a BA thing then ?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by henkybaby
It was for CX. So this is a BA thing then ?
Yes, BA's coverage is spotty in Asia, BKK, CTU, KUL, PEK, PVG, SYD are also without App coverage. Most people check in bags I guess. HKG is OK for Apps.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: LH HON
In the lounge now. Pretty crowded - food almost empty but it seems like it gets stocked up regularly. Booze selection is quite decent. Seems like 9pm is peak hour.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:35 pm

There is more about the new lounge in this month's issue of The Club. Photos 5 and 6 at the end are from the Concorde Bar - and rather better lit pictures than anything I could manage to take.

http://theclub.ba.com/september-2015...gapore-lounge/
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:47 pm

And an article from AUBT with more pics:
http://www.ausbt.com.au/british-airw...e-concorde-bar

The face-to-face sofa seating by the window looks similar in design and aesthetics to the SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:06 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is more about the new lounge in this month's issue of The Club. Photos 5 and 6 at the end are from the Concorde Bar - and rather better lit pictures than anything I could manage to take.

http://theclub.ba.com/september-2015...gapore-lounge/
What's interesting is the fact they refer to the new generation lounges as 'Galleries' lounges still, separate from their distinct "British Airways Lounge" branding at the airports.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Do outstation Concorde branded lounges have the same rules as the CCR in relation to same day arrival F boarding passes? I'll be arriving in F on BA11 before departing same day to SYD on BA15 in J - will my BA11 BP allow me access to the CCB or is it only for onwards flights in F?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by perthflyer
or is it only for onwards flights in F?
It is. And only BA F.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Made my war to the lounge although flying Qatar from T3. Pretty quiet right now. Anybody I can guest in in the next hour or so?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:12 am

We visited here last month. It did get busy just before the evening LHR departures, but never appeared too crowded.

There was a good selection of food and drinks available, which were regularly topped up.

Didn't get into the Concorde bar which looks like it has a pin entry system?

Overall a very nice experience!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Having been sat in the Concorde Bar lounge for about an hour, it feels more like a library than anything else.

The atmosphere is one of silence, and I felt guilty when I was on the phone (so much so that I actually finished my call in the main lounge!).

The main lounge is very pleasant, and there seems to be ample seating. It's a shame the food isn't better, but I suppose one can't have everything!

Oh, and hello to the chap checking FT on his laptop in the main lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.