Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
I notice on C SW S picture of the booze there is Ron Zacapa which may sway us to go into the lounge next month on way to SYD, hubby is partial to a drink keep it well supplied at home, we have a 3 hour layover. The QF showers are really nice, and their offerings of toiletry items i feel is far better than BA
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to update this thread with food, drink and other information.

I would agree with Henkybaby, that with the possible exception of the IAD set-up this is possibly the best BA out-station. IAD benefits from much better food arrangement, not least pre-flight dining, whereas the SIN flights aren't Sleeper flights and have more time than the USA East Coast services. In terms of staff approachability and work ethic, it would pretty much impossible to beat the lounge staff in Singapore, they are a huge credit to British Airways.

The Concorde Bar is an excellent watering hole, and it will be my port of call when passing through Singapore.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm in the lounge at the moment. If I had a criticism it would be that I don't like the reception "podium" concept. When I arrived another pax + family were complaining about their seat assignment. All I wanted to do was gain access to the lounge. There was only one staff member, busy processing this awkward passenger. I waited for 10 minutes to get access, desparate to get to the food/drink. The chicken pies/mini pizzas/satays are OK, but I'd rather be at T5. I think I prefer the food at IAH Flounge, just to rock the boat.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:33 am

(that was probably the sort of post that will lead to the subscription of a new member "AwkwardPax", like the greedy arrivals lounge thread)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:35 am

Also dissapointed to see no flyertalk handles in the guest book. I suppose this might be my first first on BA!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just to update this thread with food, drink and other information.

I would agree with Henkybaby, that with the possible exception of the IAD set-up this is possibly the best BA out-station. IAD benefits from much better food arrangement, not least pre-flight dining, whereas the SIN flights aren't Sleeper flights and have more time than the USA East Coast services. In terms of staff approachability and work ethic, it would pretty much impossible to beat the lounge staff in Singapore, they are a huge credit to British Airways.

The Concorde Bar is an excellent watering hole, and it will be my port of call when passing through Singapore.
I was there last night, you could have guested me into the Concorde Bar
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ANAmateur
Also dissapointed to see no flyertalk handles in the guest book. I suppose this might be my first first on BA!
Well I'm used to going second! I'll add mine in now (it only arrived today!).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Lots of power points in the working area as well. I'm disappointed to lose the semi-private cubicles but I guess I can't have everything!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I want this one. It's a bit comical but I really like the dragon's expression.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Aug 27, 2015 at 7:47 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Out of curiosity... If a silver pleb like me found out the code to the CCB, what would stop me from walking on in?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Caleklika
Out of curiosity... If a silver pleb like me found out the code to the CCB, what would stop me from walking on in?
Not much would stop you, but I think you would be found out fairly quickly, with just 1 to 3 flights to supervise. The staff pop round at regular intervals.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I know similar questions have been asked before (including by me), but given the specifics of this Concorde Bar, with a BA First flight from KUL later in the day, and a Malaysian flight from Singapore to get us there (separate tickets), what do you think the odds of being given the code are? (Would through checking bags strengthen that chance?). Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I think it depends on how busy they are and how soon your flight is. Now they are proud and a bit flexible. What I was told is that BA wants the access to be tightly monitored because it is introduced at outstations with already quite busy lounges. So I expect a very strict 'BA F class pax out of SIN only' policy to be honest...

Interesting question though. ^

Would you have access to the CCR at JFK when you fly BA J to LHR and then F to TLV for instance ?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I think it depends on how busy they are and how soon your flight is. Now they are proud and a bit flexible. What I was told is that BA wants the access to be tightly monitored because it is introduced at outstations with already quite busy lounges. So I expect a very strict 'BA F class pax out of SIN only' policy to be honest...

Interesting question though. ^
Our flight from SIN is at half four / five, so hopefully should be quite quiet if the BA flights are later on. Will be the start of October so I guess we shall see... probably no harm in asking (nicely!).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pleb
I know similar questions have been asked before (including by me), but given the specifics of this Concorde Bar, with a BA First flight from KUL later in the day, and a Malaysian flight from Singapore to get us there (separate tickets), what do you think the odds of being given the code are? (Would through checking bags strengthen that chance?). Cheers.
Traditionally CCR access is strictly for those travelling in BA First or connecting on BA from a BA First flight. The same principle of BA flights only applies to CCR & Prem Cardholders. All that considered I would expect the answer to be 'no'.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Traditionally CCR access is strictly for those travelling in BA First or connecting on BA from a BA First flight. The same principle of BA flights only applies to CCR & Prem Cardholders. All that considered I would expect the answer to be 'no'.
Yes, this is correct. I did ask, and unless you are CCR where there may be some leeway, you would not get access, I am afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.