Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by xenole
I've just popped into it and what's the point?
Ok there are drinks and less food than a BoB menu 3 rows in.
Nice and air-conned by as said earlier, dark and dreary. Must be rather a lot of F passengers or CCR holders judging by the traffic.
Even the normal lounge isn't great. Going to camp out in the Qantas lounge as it wipes the floor with it - shame there's no salt & pepper squid though by laksa and lamingtons are fine by me.
What is wrong with the BA Lounge? A much more comfortable place to wait than the QF Lounge.

In the CCB there is a menu to order from. The current chicken kebab with yoghurt and mint chutney is rather nice.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What is wrong with the BA Lounge? A much more comfortable place to wait than the QF Lounge.

In the CCB there is a menu to order from. The current chicken kebab with yoghurt and mint chutney is rather nice.
I'll admit the BA lounge is far far emptier than the QF lounge at present but that's it for me.
Each to their own i suppose but i did expect something perhaps more akin to the IAD lounge.
Nearly outclassed by Galleries North in most aspects.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I'll admit the BA lounge is far far emptier than the QF lounge at present but that's it for me.
Each to their own i suppose but i did expect something perhaps more akin to the IAD lounge.
Nearly outclassed by Galleries North in most aspects.
Are you being serious?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you being serious?
Yes. Neither of those lounges really do it for me but they do have some pros but too many cons.

I preferred the ARN lounge over both of those. Quirkier and less generic.

I'll pop in again to see if I'm still unimpressed

Like the QF lounge and the wheeling around of cake, beer and cocktail trolleys.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
I live in Singapore and have used the BA lounge three times now and every time I'm disappointed with it - although I don't know why. I've never had the chance to try the CCR lounge in SG, I might try the QF lounge and permanently relocate to there.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BA lounge is noisy and packed. The Concorde Cupboard is quiet, but freezing cold and feels like an KGB isolation cell.

The QF lounge has loads of space, lots of different seating areas and far better food. Simple.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Both the SIN and IAD lounges are exactly the same design concept. Where the two lounges differ is that IAD is set up for Concorde Dining and Club World Pre-Flight Supper, whilst the SIN lounge only has a Concorde Bar. The more extensive dining options aren't really required at SIN with such a long flight.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Both the SIN and IAD lounges are exactly the same design concept. Where the two lounges differ is that IAD is set up for Concorde Dining and Club World Pre-Flight Supper, whilst the SIN lounge only has a Concorde Bar. The more extensive dining options aren't really required at SIN with such a long flight.
Only a couple of QF flights left now so this lounge is now emptier and the BA lounge fuller.

Would be nice if my flight left somewhere near the lounges but it's down as D43 or something.

Tried my luck at the dnata lounge as it mentioned AY and CX and I used the ZRH one yesterday but had to do the walk of shame.

The QF noodle bar could do with a few more options like CX.
Most people seem to be eating here so there's some demand although maybe, for the most part, slightly earlier departures and 8-9hrs to Australia play a part.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:42 pm

Only a couple of QF flights left now so this lounge is now emptier and the BA lounge fuller.

Would be nice if my flight left somewhere near the lounges but it's down as D43 or something.

Tried my luck at the dnata lounge as it mentioned AY and CX and I used the ZRH one yesterday but had to do the walk of shame.

The QF noodle bar could do with a few more options like CX.
Most people seem to be eating here so there's some demand although maybe, for the most part, slightly earlier departures and 8-9hrs to Australia play a part.
You're not missing much with the dnata lounge.

QF is the only lounge i go to in SIN. BA's is far too dingy for me.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The BA lounge is noisy and packed. The Concorde Cupboard is quiet, but freezing cold and feels like an KGB isolation cell.

The QF lounge has loads of space, lots of different seating areas and far better food. Simple.
Agree with all of this. I only go in to check the wines now if I am not in QF lounge. If you must go in, turn left upon entering, down to the end where the staff part is and immediately to your right on the wall are the 2 air conditioning units. Put the reading full up and return in 30 minutes and it may be slightly better than arctic.

Do not ask staff as that will only result in melting their heads but the dial will remain unchanged 😀
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
BA Lounge SIN T1

PART 1

The other night, prior to BA 16....

I thought the design scheme and artwork were really nice, soothing perhaps and some unique pieces like the glass table inside, behind the desk agents.

There are a number of nice seating areas, both near and away from the food/drink stations.

The lounge was spotless and well maintained. The staff serving the food and cleaning up were great. All counters with food and drink were well-displayed and spotless.

The food was hot. Really enjoyed the satays, the chicken and the mixed vegetables. Nice to have flavour on the meats and non-overcooked veg.

The cookies with raisins were delicious. Yes, had more than one.

Showers were clean and functional, but only had floor mat/towel and a single bath towel, no small ones for face. Attendant seemed cranky so I accepted the toothbrush and didn't bother to ask for anything else.

Photos below.

Attached Images           

Last edited by 24left; Apr 26, 2017 at 3:52 pm
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
BA Lounge SIN T1

PART 2

Attached Images          
Old May 7, 2017, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
When flying in Economy, PE or Club I generally use the QF lounge. BA does get a bit crowded and I still feel there is more food choice at the QF side. (Especially the sweet stuff).

Last December I flew F out of Singapore and used the Concorde Bar. That place I really enjoyed. Upon arriving at the lounge reception you get a card (in the picture) that has a 4 digit code for you to open the door. The lounge reception staff can also open the door remotely which they do when you first enter.

Nice service, privacy and tranquility, decent food and drinks.

Some pictures for you to enjoy.

Globalist
Attached Images      
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Globalist
When flying in Economy, PE or Club I generally use the QF lounge. BA does get a bit crowded and I still feel there is more food choice at the QF side. (Especially the sweet stuff).

Last December I flew F out of Singapore and used the Concorde Bar. That place I really enjoyed. Upon arriving at the lounge reception you get a card (in the picture) that has a 4 digit code for you to open the door. The lounge reception staff can also open the door remotely which they do when you first enter.

Nice service, privacy and tranquility, decent food and drinks.

Some pictures for you to enjoy.

Globalist
I agree that the exclusivity and privacy, particularly the mini-salons are appreciated, but at that point it stopped. The room itself is oppressive despite their attempts to lighten it up with faux screens of the cityscape, but it's the F&B part that's frankly barely mediocre. There is a slightly better selection of food in the biz lounge, albeit much of it unappetising slop reminiscent of school dinners.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
It would not take much for them to improve a couple of things such that they better delivered more of a first class experience, but it is certainly more comfortable than waiting for one's flight in the main lounge. It is also better in every regard than its very, very mediocre cousin in DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.