Concorde Room Entry Policy in Singapore

Old Nov 3, 18, 9:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Concorde Room Entry Policy in Singapore

Travelling on BA to Sydney this evening Inn Club World and as a a Gold Guest List + Concorde Room cardholder, I was denied entry into Concorde Room in Singapore.

Correction: it’s called Concorde Bar in Singapore

The attendant at the entrance stated that it is only available for First Class passengers travelling on BA.

Whats the point of going the extra mile in qualifying for the Concorde Room when BA changes its policy without informing its members.

Can someone on FT shed some more light on this?

Last edited by 380Flyer; Nov 3, 18 at 9:28 am
Old Nov 3, 18, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The agent is correct. The CCR Card grants access to the CCRs at LHR and JFK only. This is made clear in the letter you receive with your CCR Card.

There was a time when CCR Cardholders were given the courtesy of access to CCDRs and CCBs but this has now stopped.
watersign likes this.
Old Nov 3, 18, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
A sad change but one that, as Tobias intimates, is perfectly in line with the criteria. On my last visit to the LHR arrivals lounge, I was also denied access to the Concorde Breakfast Room when travelling in Y. No real loss there but that was a first for me.
Old Nov 3, 18, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
On my last visit to the LHR arrivals lounge, I was also denied access to the Concorde Breakfast Room when travelling in Y. No real loss there but that was a first for me.
thatís wrong. Access to the arrivals lounge would be due to your GGL status. The ccr card should give access to the Concorde breakfast room.
Old Nov 3, 18, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post

thatís wrong. Access to the arrivals lounge would be due to your GGL status. The ccr card should give access to the Concorde breakfast room.
Thanks KARFA, I did wonder whether it was a one off or whether the more general move to remove courtesy access beyond the 2 CCRs had been extended further. I shall try again next week and see what happens!
Old Nov 3, 18, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also see these threads and posts:
CCR card no good in Singapore?
SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28247206-post3.html
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 3, 18, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VA Platinum
Rest assured. You did not miss much.

But, as others have said, it is the policy.
Old Nov 3, 18, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
You mean the dark themed freezer? Indeed you did not miss much, but I agree that while it is policy, it is also quite confusing especially considering how many £££ are needed to qualify for GGL+CCR.
Old Nov 3, 18, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Whilst the terms of the CCR card spell out it only grants access to the LHR and JFK Concorde rooms it would be better if other facilities were branded something other than Concorde. For example, the new Boston lounge initially had Concorde Dining but it is now called First Dining.
Tobias-UK and watersign like this.
Old Nov 3, 18, 4:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by frandrake View Post
You mean the dark themed freezer? Indeed you did not miss much, but I agree that while it is policy, it is also quite confusing especially considering how many £££ are needed to qualify for GGL+CCR.
I'd only look at that element if GGL/CCR required a substantial amount spend on BA/JBA flights, in a similar line to QF Platinum One or SQ PPS Club.
Old Nov 3, 18, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
Well, it's still a lot of money and honestly I do not think the Concorde Bars/Rooms are that glamorous or luxurious to require even more spend.

It would be different if you were to mention the F experience LH delivers at home or something of that level.
Old Nov 3, 18, 8:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by frandrake View Post
Iím not sure BA earns much from some (many?) GGLs here, if QR does leave oneworld I think weíll see far fewer GGLs on here especially so given AA has also clipped a few wings by reducing TPs and restricting routing options on some once popular TP Ďefficientí itineraries.

I quite like the CCB at SIN, itís quiet and relaxing but I do agree with you about branding, if the ĎConcordeí name is used then perhaps it should allow access to CCR Cardholders travelling down the back.
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
I wonder if anyone of you wonderful peeps could help me out with a Concorde Room Bar Singapore access question?

Unusually I am not going through to SYD with BA and am taking QF36 to Melbourne. I am flying F on B11 and, at this stage, J on QF36. I'm guessing I will not be allowed access to the Concorde Room Bar in SIN, is this correct?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jul 23, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
They are extremely strict in Singapore - they never allow me access when Iíve flown in F from SYD and connect to J to LHR (Iím not sure if Iím meant to have access but they are absolutely adamant itís not possible) so I always go to the Qantas lounge which is much nicer anyway and always deserted compared to BA.
TonyHancock and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 23, 19, 1:56 pm

Yes, pretty strict now has been my experience since they cracked down last year on access restrictions for CCR card holders. They are sticklers for rules in Singapore, and the rules quite clearly say that access is limited to passengers leaving Singapore on BA F.

Fortunately, the new QF F lounge should be opening before the end of the year, somewhere near the D Concourse. That will likely be a major improvement over the current options for Goldies and other OW Emeralds.
TonyHancock and orbitmic like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: