G–ZBKR Delivered
G–ZBKS Delivered

Print Wikipost

BA's 787-9

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
But we are talking about the B787-9 not future aircraft deliveries.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
The 787-9 is a future aircraft delivery or am I misreading your post, Can I help you?
Old May 7, 2015, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Why is BA being so hesitant about announcing what routes it will serve? Afterall, they announced late LAST year that the A380 will fly to MIA from OCT THIS year. And Virgin announced last week their 787-9 routes for March next year. Why is BA dragging it's feet in announcing the routes?
Old May 7, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I'm saying is there is no new seats in First or CW on the B787-9, I think this will not happen until we get the A350.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bananahead
Why is BA being so hesitant about announcing what routes it will serve? Afterall, they announced late LAST year that the A380 will fly to MIA from OCT THIS year. And Virgin announced last week their 787-9 routes for March next year. Why is BA dragging it's feet in announcing the routes?
I guess because it isn't that important, it's just a variation of an aircraft after all.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I guess because it isn't that important, it's just a variation of an aircraft after all.
Sorry I don't agree, I think it's not just a variation due to F...which could be more profitable in some markets rather than others.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:37 am

Boeing are only up to aircraft 290. The first BA 787-9 is number 346. It's not going to be for a while.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Sorry I don't agree, I think it's not just a variation due to F...which could be more profitable in some markets rather than others.
Yes I get your point but it will just replace other aircraft that already has the same First seat, I don't see anything to get excited about.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes I get your point but it will just replace other aircraft that already has the same First seat, I don't see anything to get excited about.
I am not excited at all, I really dislike BA's 787 J cabin...2-3-2 (vs QR's 1-2-1)
Old May 7, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I am not excited at all, I really dislike BA's 787 J cabin...2-3-2 (vs QR's 1-2-1)
I really dislike all the BA J cabins except UD 744 (which isnt longer for this world) and CWLCY.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:12 am

I guess no need to close screens during landing and no need to look above for seat numbers...
Old May 7, 2015, 8:14 am

The thread New BA First Class contained some information about the new/updated seat planned. This quote from the FT is quite telling:

It is elegant and sophisticated, without being ostentatious, the soft, hand-stitched “raven black” leather perhaps rather masculine. “An evolution rather than revolution,” says Kathryn Slack, BA’s cabin interiors manager.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by notforfooduse
The thread New BA First Class contained some information about the new/updated seat planned. This quote from the FT is quite telling:

It is elegant and sophisticated, without being ostentatious, the soft, hand-stitched “raven black” leather perhaps rather masculine. “An evolution rather than revolution,” says Kathryn Slack, BA’s cabin interiors manager.
Evolution almost certainly means they've reshaped it to fit in the 787 cabin. The new business class seat will be put on the a350s

Last edited by jonas123; May 7, 2015 at 8:33 am
Old May 7, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jonas123
Evolution almost certainly means they've reshaped it to fit in the 787 cabin. The new business class seat will be put on the a350s
As with seemingly quite a lot of BA marketing, I doubt the reality will live up to the adjective-rich hype.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by notforfooduse
As with seemingly quite a lot of BA marketing, I doubt the reality will live up to the adjective-rich hype.
I am sure that the marketing types will be along shortly to state that you and I don't understand and appreciate what marketing is about and such language is fully justified to promote brand awareness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.