FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA's 787-9 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1678015-bas-787-9-a.html)

108912 May 6, 2015 12:40 pm

BA's 787-9

BA has been very quiet on the launch route for both their new bird due to arrive in September and also it's apparently 'new' First Class.

Could it possibly be because their new 787-9 First seats cannot be fitted into the aircraft? :confused:

According to a very reliable source within BA this is indeed the reason why we are hearing nada!

Anyone else heard similar? Or anyone from BA prepared to comment?

lorcancoyle May 6, 2015 12:46 pm

Would be a very surprising issue - esp. as they trailed the new first seat in the FT a few months back. Would be some heads rolling if this were true!

McG May 6, 2015 12:48 pm

According to the document below on http://nyc787.blogspot.co.uk/ , BA's 1st 787 hasn't entered the assembly stage yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...19&output=html

DFB_london May 6, 2015 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by bananahead (Post 24776288)
BA has been very quiet on the launch route for both their new bird due to arrive in September and also it's apparently 'new' First Class.

Could it possibly be because their new 787-9 First seats cannot be fitted into the aircraft? :confused:

According to a very reliable source within BA this is indeed the reason why we are hearing nada!

Anyone else heard similar? Or anyone from BA prepared to comment?

Your 'source' should also have told you then that not all the 787-9 and 787-10 will even have an F cabin.

108912 May 6, 2015 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by DFB_london (Post 24776380)
Your 'source' should also have told you then that not all the 787-9 and 787-10 will even have an F cabin.

That may very well be the case. As far as I know BA haven't said one way or the other whether some/all of the 787-9's/10's will have F. But what they HAVE said is that the new F product will be launched on the new aircraft. Do you have a source/link to the contrary?

My thread was not about how many will/won't have F. It was a) to enquire why BA has been so quiet on it's launch bearing in mind it is meant to be in service in September. And b) whether others have heard the same rumour re problems with the F seat.

Can I help you May 6, 2015 2:33 pm

There is no new First on the B787-9 just an improved one.

ESFLYER95 May 6, 2015 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 24776899)

So you don't think its going to look like the sneak peek shots they gave us? No semi enclosed suite?

Can I help you May 6, 2015 3:33 pm

There will be no surprises with the seat but there are some nice improvements that customers will like.

notforfooduse May 6, 2015 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by bananahead (Post 24776288)

I think I read something recently on here about some 777s not having 2 F seats because BA hadn't measured the cabins properly so instead having an ugly boxed off crew rest area. Can't find the thread though...

Edit: may have found the thread, but it makes no mention of measuring cabin so not sure about that recollection...
Edit 2: relevant seatmap

Speedbirdjclass May 6, 2015 4:43 pm

More importantly what about the new CW - if there is actually going to be one !!

South London Bon Viveur May 6, 2015 4:44 pm

Not sure about launch route, but Santiago has been mentioned to me a few times....

gustavmahler May 7, 2015 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 24776899)

So is that coming on the B787-10...? I thought those teaser shots a few months back looked quite different to the current F seat.

msm2000uk May 7, 2015 1:25 am

BA have stated a few times that the 787-9 will feature a NEW F cabin.

If it is simply being 'refreshed', then I think loyal BA customers may feel a tad shortchanged.

oscietra May 7, 2015 1:46 am

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

it's = it is

its = possessive

Companies are generally classed as collective nouns (describing a group rather than an individual) so it should be "BA has", not "BA have"

Ldnn1 May 7, 2015 2:36 am

Originally Posted by oscietra (Post 24779172)
it's = it is

its = possessive

Correct.

Originally Posted by oscietra (Post 24779172)
Companies are generally classed as collective nouns (describing a group rather than an individual) so it should be "BA has", not "BA have"

Not necessarily correct. Generally a matter of style. "BA have stated" is perfectly acceptable in the sentence above.