G–ZBKR Delivered
G–ZBKS Delivered

Print Wikipost

BA's 787-9

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

BA's 787-9

BA has been very quiet on the launch route for both their new bird due to arrive in September and also it's apparently 'new' First Class.

Could it possibly be because their new 787-9 First seats cannot be fitted into the aircraft?

According to a very reliable source within BA this is indeed the reason why we are hearing nada!

Anyone else heard similar? Or anyone from BA prepared to comment?
Old May 6, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Would be a very surprising issue - esp. as they trailed the new first seat in the FT a few months back. Would be some heads rolling if this were true!
Old May 6, 2015, 12:48 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
According to the document below on http://nyc787.blogspot.co.uk/ , BA's 1st 787 hasn't entered the assembly stage yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...19&output=html
Old May 6, 2015, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by bananahead
BA has been very quiet on the launch route for both their new bird due to arrive in September and also it's apparently 'new' First Class.

Could it possibly be because their new 787-9 First seats cannot be fitted into the aircraft?

According to a very reliable source within BA this is indeed the reason why we are hearing nada!

Anyone else heard similar? Or anyone from BA prepared to comment?
Your 'source' should also have told you then that not all the 787-9 and 787-10 will even have an F cabin.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Your 'source' should also have told you then that not all the 787-9 and 787-10 will even have an F cabin.
That may very well be the case. As far as I know BA haven't said one way or the other whether some/all of the 787-9's/10's will have F. But what they HAVE said is that the new F product will be launched on the new aircraft. Do you have a source/link to the contrary?

My thread was not about how many will/won't have F. It was a) to enquire why BA has been so quiet on it's launch bearing in mind it is meant to be in service in September. And b) whether others have heard the same rumour re problems with the F seat.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no new First on the B787-9 just an improved one.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
So you don't think its going to look like the sneak peek shots they gave us? No semi enclosed suite?
Old May 6, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There will be no surprises with the seat but there are some nice improvements that customers will like.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by bananahead

I think I read something recently on here about some 777s not having 2 F seats because BA hadn't measured the cabins properly so instead having an ugly boxed off crew rest area. Can't find the thread though...

Edit: may have found the thread, but it makes no mention of measuring cabin so not sure about that recollection...
Edit 2: relevant seatmap

Last edited by notforfooduse; May 6, 2015 at 3:49 pm
Old May 6, 2015, 4:43 pm

More importantly what about the new CW - if there is actually going to be one !!
Old May 6, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Not sure about launch route, but Santiago has been mentioned to me a few times....
Old May 7, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
So is that coming on the B787-10...? I thought those teaser shots a few months back looked quite different to the current F seat.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:25 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA have stated a few times that the 787-9 will feature a NEW F cabin.

If it is simply being 'refreshed', then I think loyal BA customers may feel a tad shortchanged.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:46 am

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

it's = it is

its = possessive

Companies are generally classed as collective nouns (describing a group rather than an individual) so it should be "BA has", not "BA have"
Old May 7, 2015, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by oscietra
it's = it is

its = possessive
Correct.

Originally Posted by oscietra
Companies are generally classed as collective nouns (describing a group rather than an individual) so it should be "BA has", not "BA have"
Not necessarily correct. Generally a matter of style. "BA have stated" is perfectly acceptable in the sentence above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.