Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 3 lounge options

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by JSM8
By what others say it may well be a better experience than BA.....as with most things these days!
There is no may well be about it - it just is!
Old May 24, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Looking forward to trying the CX lounge for the first time on Friday morning.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Looking forward to trying the CX lounge for the first time on Friday morning.
No comparison!! The CX Business lounge was an oasis of calm: freshly prepared breakfast. Far more variety than BA, pleasant staff, great view across the apron. It was disappointing to have to leave the CX lounge for my BoB experience to Gibraltar - the CSD managed to ignore and then forget to bring a glass of water. She said she was 'diverted' by another passenger - and then plum forgot about it. A reason maybe but no excuse.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I reviewed the LHR T3 CX Business Class lounge in my latest trip report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ss-w-pics.html
Slliw likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Silver
Very brief update having done a "lounge crawl" on Friday - only J lounges I'm afraid. Nothing new to report I'm sure.

CX J: Genuinely very impressive, quiet and calm, good selection of food and drink - nicely segmented for privacy. Excellent staff.
BA Galleries: Horrific, walked in, and walked straight back out again - Think university canteen, food looked like slop, jam packed and loud.
AA J: Somewhat clinical, but quiet - mediocre food and drink offering.

Do people have no idea they can go in the other lounges? Don't get me wrong - keep it that way.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Morph90
Do people have no idea they can go in the other lounges?
Yes. Most people just go to the lounge for the airline they are flying (or the one their airline directs them to). It's not like there's a big sign in the BA lounge saying "By the way, you can also go to the CX and AA lounges."
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver
CX J: Genuinely very impressive, quiet and calm, good selection of food and drink - nicely segmented for privacy. Excellent staff.
Wholeheartedly agree... and their lounges in HKG take it to the next level. 'The Pier' in particular is jaw dropping.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:35 pm

Do people have no idea they can go in the other lounges? Don't get me wrong - keep it that way.
I'm more than happy keep it that way. 😀 I'm in T3 a lot over the next few weeks and find the CX lounge bliss. It's been a while since I went in the BA T3 lounge, definitely not since the CX first lounge opened. Looking forward to HKG later this year
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:18 pm

1st class BA, terminal 3 Heathrow

My husband and I have first class tickets from Heathrow to Phoenix. It is out of terminal three and I was wondering if we can use the Cathay lounge or do we only have access to BA first class lounge. We do not have any status on BA.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lovesmaui
My husband and I have first class tickets from Heathrow to Phoenix. It is out of terminal three and I was wondering if we can use the Cathay lounge or do we only have access to BA first class lounge. We do not have any status on BA.
You can indeed
lovesmaui likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lovesmaui
Yes go straight to the Cathay lounge...don't waste any time at the BA offering! ^
lovesmaui likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:26 pm

Great! Thank you!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:49 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Go to the CX F lounge for food and drink and then if you fancy a bag of sweets to take on the flight, head over to the AA F lounge. Enjoy!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Very brief update having done a "lounge crawl" on Friday - only J lounges I'm afraid. Nothing new to report I'm sure.

BA Galleries: Horrific, walked in, and walked straight back out again - Think university canteen, food looked like slop, jam packed and loud.
AA J: Somewhat clinical, but quiet - mediocre food and drink offering.

Excellent summary. I was in both CX & BA lounges today and I agree with the comments above.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jed
Go to the CX F lounge for food and drink and then if you fancy a bag of sweets to take on the flight, head over to the AA F lounge. Enjoy!
Just a comment to report the AA lounge closes early evening so you may wish to visit it first if on an evening flight before using Cathay if you want the pick n mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.