Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 3 lounge options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Smid
I did think the spirit selection at CX F (the pier and T3) wasn't particularly impressive, I'm not an expert on particular ones, but I do notice the colour of the JW bottles as indicator of price...
Yes, none of the spirits could be called "premium". As for people who don't like JW Blue - good for them, all the more for me and to hell with the price when I'm not paying! 😀
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Fight, no. Banter, yes!

Blue is in my opinion a truly pretentious blend. Lacks depth as opposed to Black. The lead whisky in Blue is (Speyside) Royal Lochnagar (hence the naming "blue" as this was Queen Victoria's colour). Also the only distillery allowed to call itself royal.

Lead whisky in Black is (Islay) Caol Ila (not Lagavullin as widely mis-reported). This gives the blend a lot more depth through its peaty undertones.

All a matter of opinion, but, however inebriated I may have been on the flight in question, believe me, I would have detected the difference between Blue and Black!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
According to the QF forum, the new lounge will be soft-opening this month, and invitations to the official lauench are out. Sadly no sign of movement this morning...but it looks pretty smart through the gap!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:51 pm

CX reception confirmed its opening this week.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
With the AY TLL traffic reduced, at least for the time being, the new QF lounge will not be as busy as it might have been!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
CX reception confirmed its opening this week.
Excellent. I wonder which FT'er is going to get the exclusive and post the first photos. Raffles has been invited to the official opening but I expect that will be after the lounge has had a few days of soft opening.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Awesome if this happens! I recently changed my BA JFK flight in 11 days time to go with AA as I like their seat much more and because of the great CX lounge in T3, I will now "have" to allow time to lounge hop to the new QF one too ^
rossmacd likes this.

Last edited by nh1980; Nov 20, 2017 at 3:46 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Hopefully it will be ready by the 30th as that is when I am next in T3.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Is there anywhere else with such a vast selection of same alliance airline lounges in the world, as there is in T3? Ok, so perhaps the multiple lounges in HKG might match, but half of them are different CX lounges, and you'd typically pick the best one (I never saw the Pier or the Bridge, I just went to the Wing).

Just wondering...

My rating at the moment is

CX First
CX Business
AA First
BA First
AA Business
BA Business
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I’m there Wednesday, not feeling hopeful....
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Smid
Is there anywhere else with such a vast selection of same alliance airline lounges in the world, as there is in T3? Ok, so perhaps the multiple lounges in HKG might match, but half of them are different CX lounges, and you'd typically pick the best one (I never saw the Pier or the Bridge, I just went to the Wing).

Just wondering...

My rating at the moment is

CX First
CX Business
AA First
BA First
AA Business
BA Business
Mine depends on the time of the day - mornings, its the peace of CX F. But afternoons and evenings I prefer the buzz of CX J. I am banking on QF's offering to be a good compromise between the two...

I suspect for Silvers the QF will be a real winner. We shall see this week!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Official opening on the 28th apparently according to Swiss Kiwiking:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...-2017-a-4.html
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Mine depends on the time of the day - mornings, its the peace of CX F. But afternoons and evenings I prefer the buzz of CX J. I am banking on QF's offering to be a good compromise between the two...

I suspect for Silvers the QF will be a real winner. We shall see this week!
Plus next year there will be new AA Flagship lounge. Happy days.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Plus next year there will be new AA Flagship lounge. Happy days.
I take it that's just a replacement for the AA F lounge? So another refurb?

In which case it seems that only BA will have not refurbed its lounges in T3, CX has, QF is new (or is it?) and AA will have... Isn't it weird that other such airlines take such pleasure in providing their best lounges in their base, open pretty much to all of the oneworld elites, and BA seems intent on phoning it in...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
What is the business logic of so many same alliance lounges in such a terminal (it is not spread out like HKG)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.